The Politics of Fear

Tigermike

As you know, criticizing Ms. Obama is off limits per her hubby. But his particular quote is so, well, Michelle:

"I wish we had time to be divided. I wish we had time to be upset. To be angry. To be disappointed. I wish we did," Obama said. "Because if we had time for that, then things wouldn't be so bad right now. Instead, we're in a place where another four or eight years of the world as it is will devastate the life of some child."

CBS4 Denver

How dare you selfish people be angry, divided, upset and disappointed. The Obama's have been peddling the doom and gloom scenario for a couple of years, but its a simple choice for heaven sake - elect McCain and devastate a child's life! Elect Obama and you'll be voting - everybody now - "for the children".

Thanks Mc

Which child is that? And only one child? This is the kind of rhetoric that the Left loves to use, claiming that if just one person in the world is unhappy, then everything we do is wrong and entire systems have to be recreated to address it. It’s Utopianism, an impulse that has led to the devastation of millions of lives, not just one. The message intends to show the Obamas as more caring than John McCain, vapid enough without the silliness of arguing that McCain doesn’t want to change anything at all.

Archived