PS3 or XBox360

lukeduke

I have the Xbox 360 Elite model with the 80 GB hard drive. It just gave me the ring of death so I'm not too pleased right now (had to send it to Microsoft).

When I was deciding a year ago, no one really knew whether Blu Ray or HDTV would survive so I couldn't base it off that. Right now 360 has a better selection of games, but like others have said PS3 is catching up. Honestly, I will probably purchase a PS3 simply for the Blu Ray player but play the Xbox and Xbox live more often than PS3 games.

Ihave both Luke, and both do streaming media center. Infact the 360 will have a better overall interface with Windows Media center and the 360 will work as a streaming point for netflix.

I bought my ps3 as a Blueray player to go with my new tv. I would generally rather play on my 360 when possible. The online modes for 360 games are generally better, ignoring the ncaa09 gold subscription requirement.

I like em both for different reasons, but the 360 has a better list of games and the online system is just smoother to date. PS3 seems to be still trying to come to the party and still showing up seriously late.

Like others have said, what bothers me about the 360 are how EVERY SINGLE 360 person I know has had to send their 360 back....and all but one has had to send it back 2-3 and even 4 times! I mean, WOW

But, I will say that even with that, all of them still like their 360 but that has really pissed most of them off

Like others have said, what bothers me about the 360 are how EVERY SINGLE 360 person I know has had to send their 360 back....and all but one has had to send it back 2-3 and even 4 times! I mean, WOW

But, I will say that even with that, all of them still like their 360 but that has really pissed most of them off

I've owned two original launch units. Neither have been shipped back.

Besides, MS fixes them for free. That never gets mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: The PS3 wins. It was looking like I was going to choose around Thanksgiving for a Christmas present, then I ran across the current promotion. If you go to SonyStyle.com and apply for the sony visa card, you get a great deal. If you use the sony visa at the sony style website, you get 18 months no interest on any purchase over $299. In addition, you get a $150 credit to the bill. I bought a bundle with the console, NCAA 09, and a remote for the blu ray player to save another $15. You also get free shipping, so I got all of that for what will be a final price of $338.

That was a good deal. I got my PS3 for $299 because Best Buy was running a promotion at the time if you bought any HD 47" or larger, you got $100 of the purchase of a PS3.

I've owned two original launch units. Neither have been shipped back.

Besides, MS fixes them for free. That never gets mentioned.

I had problems with my PS3 and had to have it replaced.

My launch 360 has never had any problems.

Archived