The Messiah to journey to a new land in the West?

DKW 86

Yea, you are right. I should claim Auburn has been outrecruiting Bama. I'm not bragging about it - I'm just pointing out the facts. And get it clear - I have made it obvious that I am not complaining about Tub's recruiting classes and that these classes are based on "rankings" alone.

Basically, you are stating that if someone claims LSU and UF as the recent NC's, they should just become LSU and UF fans. Maybe if I say LSU's knickname is the Tigers, you'll state I am an LSU fan as well. Apparently you like to argue with facts.

And trust me, I do have a sense of humor. I was just stating a case that I hear quite often - that Saban will be leaving Alabama soon and that he is not a great coach. I think it is clear that is just not the case and there is no evidence to support it otherwise.

Oh really? What evidence do you need? It's a proven FACT that saban hasn't stayed at one job for longer than 5 years, and that includes his time as an assistant. It's also a proven FACT that uat has had 5 coaches since 2000 (Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula, Saban) and only dubose (probation) and shula lasted 4 years. I think the FACTS clearly show that neither saban nor your beloved uat are gonna stick with each other for very long.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the FACTS clearly show that neither saban nor your beloved uat are gonna stick with each other for very long.

You won't say it, but you are hoping with every fiber of your being that that would be the case.

I think the FACTS clearly show that neither saban nor your beloved uat are gonna stick with each other for very long.

You won't say it, but you are hoping with every fiber of your being that that would be the case.

Yes, but not for reasons you're thinking about.

So, your a mind reader now? Quick, tell me what I think of you?

ok, i'll bite oh arrogant one. why exactly would I be hoping this? I'll save you the trouble and answer it for you. I love seeing uat in turmoil. I love seeing them on their knees begging for someone to be their next coach. I love seeing coach after coach pull their name out of the running or tell them NO. I'm glad you like your coach and his 7 wins and 10 arrests. congrats on lowering your standard.

Wartigger, you are a master at talking a lot without saying anything. Before you think Bama fans are settling for mediocrity, you might want to look at the record at each of the other schools Saban has coached in his first year. Then look at his 2nd year at each of the schools. Watch out for the 3rd and the 4th, you won't like them very much.

There's nothing you can do about it, Alabama is becoming a giant right in front of your eyes. Bring up our record this past year as much as you can, you won't have the luxury soon. If I were you I would brag and boast as quickly as possible, which is something that I'm sure I don't have to tell you to do.

Wartigger, you are a master at talking a lot without saying anything. Before you think Bama fans are settling for mediocrity, you might want to look at the record at each of the other schools Saban has coached in his first year. Then look at his 2nd year at each of the schools. Watch out for the 3rd and the 4th, you won't like them very much.

Oh, I said plenty, it isn't my job to dumb everything down for you to understand.

Oh really? 3rd and 4th year? Would that be his 3rd and 4th year at Michigan State or his 3rd and 4th year at LSU. Clearly you can't use both....since they don't fit your argument. But, they are part of his coaching history....just like him leaving every 4-5 years.....

michigan state

1st year: 6-5-1

2nd year: 6-6 (wow, what an improvement...wait)

3rd year: 7-5 (look an actual improvement)

4th year: 6-6 (oops...no improvement here...seems he went backwards)

5th year: 10-2 (only year of significant improvement and he bolted before the bowl game)

LSU:

1st year: 8-4

2nd year: 10-3 (actual improvement)

3rd year: 8-5 (oops went backwards again)

4th year: 13-1 (clearly the anomaly in his time as head coach seeing as how only 1 other team he coached lost less than 3 games.)

5th year: 9-3 (bolts for the nfl)

Now: uat:

1st year: 7-6

2nd year: remains to be seen

Two significant coaching jobs and 11 years and he's an 8-4 coach. So tell me, do you like the improvement he made while coaching at michigan state or the improvement he made at lsu? Clearly saban is a coach with very average success. I know you are clinging to his success at lsu to pump your own ego and arrogance, but you can't overlook his 5 years of mediocrity at Michigan state. You can't have it both ways... Even with the "success" saban had at lsu he still was 2-3 against auburn... Do you really expect 8 wins (which would be sabans average as a headcoach) or more with the defense uat will put on the field and a senior QB that had to have the offense dumbed down for him to understand the reads? Could uat win 8 games this year, sure...is it likely, no....

There's nothing you can do about it, Alabama is becoming a giant right in front of your eyes. Bring up our record this past year as much as you can, you won't have the luxury soon. If I were you I would brag and boast as quickly as possible, which is something that I'm sure I don't have to tell you to do.

Cool... thanks for the laugh. bamaham, we've heard this ad nauseam from you uaters for years. First it was fran will save the program. Then shula is recruiting lights out and finding players before anybody else, to this. Until you actually show us something on the field from Sept. - November, all you can hold on to is a pipe dream. Believe me, we'll be bringing up your record this past year and likely several more to come. Oh, last time I checked, no "giant" loses to Louisiana Monroe. Gotta take baby steps bamaham...baby steps. Please don't confuse us with your fellow uat fans, bamaham. We don't have to brag about our team to make ourselves feel better. Even if uat does actually improve (which remains to be seen) it doesn't mean auburn is going away. Unfortunately for you, uat will still have to deal with us. TWICE over the last 5 years uat has won 10 games....which is quite good...but still not good enough to beat us. We aren't going away.

You're missing the point and letting your AU obsession get the better of you. No one on this board is "hoping" $abun & uat will part company in the next couple of years. We are merely commenting on that subject that was broached on the U-dub & Tigerdroppings boards. Sheesh.

Honestly, do you bammies truly believe AU people are concerned about a $abun-coached team? I hear this all the time: "Y'all bettah 'njoy this whilst y'all can because when $ay-buhn git his playuhrs we gon' rohl." CTT coached teams have competed against $abun's best at LSU and have held their own. If I can speak for my AU brethren & sisteren (sp?) let me just say: Bring it. We welcome the competition. WDE :au:

I said this in another thread and this is what I feel MAY happen

Let me first state that I have said here that I believe Saban soon puts Alabama into the position to possibly win 1-2 SEC Titles in the next 5-6-7 years.

But, if he doesn't, I think he starts to really feel the heat and he HATES feeling the heat and if Bama fans get on him, he will get very annoyed and angry. If 3-4 years from now he has not won the SEC or has a bad record against Auburn which angers Bama fans, I would not be surprised to see him take another job

Saban does not take a lot of negative criticism well, I think Bama fans have seen that already in their losses and whenever someone criticizes him

Wartigger, you are a master at talking a lot without saying anything. Before you think Bama fans are settling for mediocrity, you might want to look at the record at each of the other schools Saban has coached in his first year. Then look at his 2nd year at each of the schools. Watch out for the 3rd and the 4th, you won't like them very much. :roflol:

A giant...really... You never cease to amaze me. I guess with your new giant status and all we should just pack up our football and go home. What's the use? You guys win....we quit. :rolleyes:

No one on this board is "hoping" $abun & uat will part company in the next couple of years.

alright......

wait for it, wait for it................

wartigger writes

I love seeing uat in turmoil. I love seeing them on their knees begging for someone to be their next coach. I love seeing coach after coach pull their name out of the running or tell them NO. I'm glad you like your coach and his 7 wins and 10 arrests. congrats on lowering your standard.

No one on this board is "hoping" $abun & uat will part company in the next couple of years.

alright......

wait for it, wait for it................

wartigger writes

I love seeing uat in turmoil. I love seeing them on their knees begging for someone to be their next coach. I love seeing coach after coach pull their name out of the running or tell them NO. I'm glad you like your coach and his 7 wins and 10 arrests. congrats on lowering your standard.

You ignorant bammie ... ... that's a general sentiment held by all true AU people. Note that WarTiger never mentioned $abun by name. The fact is, we don't care who your coach du jour is and we don't care how long (or short) they stay at the crapstone -- it's terribly amusing enough for us that other boards are already discussing his departure, and you're here defending $abun against criticism as much as you defended Dubose, Franchione, Shula, etc. Aight? :lol:

I would like to know realistic expectations for Saban in the next three years (through 4 years total at the University).

Is it competing for an SEC Title? Winning an SEC Title? Getting to Atlanta? A mix of competing/winning an SEC Title and having at least 1 or 2 wins against Auburn?

Wartigger, you are a master at talking a lot without saying anything. Before you think Bama fans are settling for mediocrity, you might want to look at the record at each of the other schools Saban has coached in his first year. Then look at his 2nd year at each of the schools. Watch out for the 3rd and the 4th, you won't like them very much. :roflol:

:roflol:

...sorry, I'm just reacting to the words "Saban" and "giant" used in the same post? :rolleyes::big:

"Bama is becoming a giant right in front of your eyes"......WHAT A ******* JOKE! :roflol:

What in the world makes you think for one second that and Auburn fan beilieves that nonsense jibberish!

For that matter, even Louisiana Monroe fans DON'T BELIEVE THAT!

Congratulations for becoming THE BIGGEST douchebag on Aunation! Now take the popsickle out of your ass and go play with the other necktard Bammer kids.

This is hilarious. I wouldn't call UDub "people." Plus, you've had other that "people" wanted.

Fran went to aTm.

Dubose went to Luverne.

Shula went to Jacksonville.

This is a joke, he ain't leaving for Washington. That being said, it's nice having a coach that people want! :)

All it will take for Saban to leave Alabama is a couple of million dollars more than he's making now. There are plenty of places that could afford to pay him that if they were so motivated. All it would take is a one billionaire who is tired of seeing his school loose. Just because a school does not have a history of paying top dollar for a head coach does not mean that they never would.

I don't know if that offer will ever come though, because I haven't seen him do anything yet to prove that he's worth the $4 million that Bama is currently paying him.

The question is how many more times can he loose to Auburn before that infamous moving van pulls up in front of the Saban household?

This is hilarious. I wouldn't call UDub "people." Plus, you've had other that "people" wanted.

Fran went to aTm.

Dubose went to Luverne.

Shula went to Jacksonville.

This is a joke, he ain't leaving for Washington. That being said, it's nice having a coach that people want! :)

And Price went to Pensacola! :big:

Oh, I said plenty, it isn't my job to dumb everything down for you to understand.

Oh really? 3rd and 4th year? Would that be his 3rd and 4th year at Michigan State or his 3rd and 4th year at LSU. Clearly you can't use both....since they don't fit your argument. But, they are part of his coaching history....just like him leaving every 4-5 years.....

michigan state

1st year: 6-5-1

2nd year: 6-6 (wow, what an improvement...wait)

3rd year: 7-5 (look an actual improvement)

4th year: 6-6 (oops...no improvement here...seems he went backwards)

5th year: 10-2 (only year of significant improvement and he bolted before the bowl game)

LSU:

1st year: 8-4

2nd year: 10-3 (actual improvement)

3rd year: 8-5 (oops went backwards again)

4th year: 13-1 (clearly the anomaly in his time as head coach seeing as how only 1 other team he coached lost less than 3 games.)

5th year: 9-3 (bolts for the nfl)

Now: uat:

1st year: 7-6

2nd year: remains to be seen

Two significant coaching jobs and 11 years and he's an 8-4 coach. So tell me, do you like the improvement he made while coaching at michigan state or the improvement he made at lsu? Clearly saban is a coach with very average success. I know you are clinging to his success at lsu to pump your own ego and arrogance, but you can't overlook his 5 years of mediocrity at Michigan state. You can't have it both ways... Even with the "success" saban had at lsu he still was 2-3 against auburn... Do you really expect 8 wins (which would be sabans average as a headcoach) or more with the defense uat will put on the field and a senior QB that had to have the offense dumbed down for him to understand the reads? Could uat win 8 games this year, sure...is it likely, no....

Cool... thanks for the laugh. bamaham, we've heard this ad nauseam from you uaters for years. First it was fran will save the program. Then shula is recruiting lights out and finding players before anybody else, to this. Until you actually show us something on the field from Sept. - November, all you can hold on to is a pipe dream. Believe me, we'll be bringing up your record this past year and likely several more to come. Oh, last time I checked, no "giant" loses to Louisiana Monroe. Gotta take baby steps bamaham...baby steps. Please don't confuse us with your fellow uat fans, bamaham. We don't have to brag about our team to make ourselves feel better. Even if uat does actually improve (which remains to be seen) it doesn't mean auburn is going away. Unfortunately for you, uat will still have to deal with us. TWICE over the last 5 years uat has won 10 games....which is quite good...but still not good enough to beat us. We aren't going away.

Wow!...Just WOW ! ! !

WarTiger gets my vote for "Pre-season Post of the Year" ! ! ! :thumbsup::au:

No one has asked the question "Why WOULDN'T Saban leave Tuscaloosa?"

There is no reason. None whatsoever to stay, especially when you could go somewhere else for the same pay or better and enjoy more immediate success the first year than you would in the next five years at bammer.

I'm sure he loves drunk fans at the airport and fans calling his coaches in the middle of the night after a game to complain about play calling. I'm sure he loves cocaine dealers in his program. I'm sure he loves all the trimmings of "we are bammer" and houndstooth everywhere. I'm sure he loves losing to ULM. All that stuff must be why bammers are so convinced he is staying.

No one has asked the question "Why WOULDN'T Saban leave Tuscaloosa?"

There is no reason. None whatsoever to stay, especially when you could go somewhere else for the same pay or better and enjoy more immediate success the first year than you would in the next five years at bammer.

I'm sure he loves drunk fans at the airport and fans calling his coaches in the middle of the night after a game to complain about play calling. I'm sure he loves cocaine dealers in his program. I'm sure he loves all the trimmings of "we are bammer" and houndstooth everywhere. I'm sure he loves losing to ULM. All that stuff must be why bammers are so convinced he is staying.

...Don't forget the reporters in this state who ask questions "dumber than his teenage daughter" and and "blindside" him by actually inquiring about a player that's been in the headlines of every newspaper in the state for his extra-curricular enterprizes, plus a police department in Tuscaloosa that's "infilitrated" by too many Auburn agents! :rolleyes::lol:

...and, of course, the ice cream bills.

Seriously. I dare someone on this board to ask a bammer today "Why WOULDN'T Saban leave Alabama?" and report back on your findings.

I will bet you that their only answer is "because we are bammer."

wow, i didn't think it was this time of year already. yet another sign that football season is upon us. we will know the end of the season is upon us when rumors of CTT leaving start swirling.

:popcorn:

IT's true...why I heard that Sabear has already loaded up his huntin' gear!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived