David Conner = #22

Miss cleo is that you? Exactly how do you figure you know what we as auburn fans care about.

Let me put on my Miss Cleo Head wrap to answer your question........ alright, I'm seeing something, it's kinda fuzzy. Getting clearer, getting clearer. I think I'm getting something. Almost there, trying to make it out. It's harder than I thought, I'll need another $20.00........ thank you. It's getting clearer, getting clearer almost here, I'm seeing it, I'm seeing it......... it is ... because ya'll post about it hourly.

maybe this will help you understand...

We do not care how any recruiting service rates the players CTT and his staff recruit and offer to.

Of course you care. All of you care. To the ones who are honest enough to speak up and be a bit worried of the direction Auburn is heading and the ones who defend at all cost and refuse to listen to any argument. Your former players care and have concern and rightfully so. Make no mistake about it, you care.

I've heard time and time again how it doesn't matter if Auburn gets 3 stars or even less because CTT will coach them up and turn them to great players. I think he has a good track record for doing this. But what I've never heard an Auburn fan say is if CTT can do this for 3* talent, imagine what he could do to 5* talent.

Our record with "hotshot attitude"5 star guys and top 4 star guys is not that good. ex: Tony Bell, Greg Smith, Leon Hart. There are a few top star guys that become something special and the success rate of the high star guys is better on a national level, just not at AU. I guessing here, but it seems that CTT is very confident in his ability to select guys that love AU, buy into the family atmosphere, develop through hard work and personal development, rather than rely on "star stats". The atmosphere at AU is not "sexy" and not for many of the kids today....fine...no problem....we like the guys that like us. We don't have a whole state full of trailerdwelling rednecks to increase our profile and attract the "stars" like UAT. Ronnie Brown took one visit to AU and immediately de-comitted from Tenn. b/c he knew that he could become better player and person in that environment.

Breaks all Conventional Wisdom doesn't it? Just like accepting 22 offers by the start of fall practice also goes against "CW". I have tried to make myself seriously question his tactics and every time I look at the #'s objectively and do research, I see that what CTT does works. I would be an idiot for questioning it further and you are an idiot for constantly asking the same questions.

The only real "blip" that CTT has had was the jetgate year and he had to scramble at the last minute just to get players....he didn't get his type of players that year. The few that remain from that year are now redshirt seniors. Most guys from that recruiting class never made it to the field and I think the hole left form that hurt us to some degree the past few years. That "hole" also contributed to the #6 and #9 recruiting classes b/c playing time was available...sortof like at Bama now.

You don't and probably don't want to understand.....that's OK.....just take it somewhere else.

CTT is very confident in his ability to select guys that love AU, buy into the family atmosphere, develop through hard work and personal development

Me and Furr agree with you Hoopie.

CTT is very confident in his ability to select guys that love AU, buy into the family atmosphere, develop through hard work and personal development

I'm going to type real slow for you so you can follow.

No one said Auburn never has problem kids or kids that screw up or aren't happy. But we do have quite a track record under CTT of that sort of thing being very rare. Unlike Thugaloosa under Sabear, it takes us 10 years to get to 10 arrests, not 12 months. Where one of our guys might quit the team 8 months in or have an underage drinking thing, you've got guys kicking out the back windshields of police cars or running a cocaine business.

The overwhelming testimony of reality is that Hoopie's assessment is right. You can stand over there in your pane glass house launching stones if that's your thing. But don't expect us not to point and snicker at the rank stupidity of it.

No one said Auburn never has problem kids or kids that screw up or aren't happy. But we do have quite a track record under CTT of that sort of thing being very rare. Unlike Thugaloosa under Sabear, it takes us 10 years to get to 10 arrests, not 12 months. Where one of our guys might quit the team 8 months in or have an underage drinking thing, you've got guys kicking out the back windshields of police cars or running a cocaine business.

The overwhelming testimony of reality is that Hoopie's assessment is right. You can stand over there in your pane glass house trailer launching stones if that's your thing. But don't expect us not to point and snicker at the rank stupidity of it.

There, fixed it for ya.

Just a point of interest, in Athlon's top 40 recruits of the 03 class, 8/40 ended up having absolutely no college relevance, i.e. didn't make it through 4 years. Another 8 were not selected at any point into the NFL draft. That is just short of half who had what could be considered unsuccessful college careers, even though they were 4 or 5 star prospects.

• 2 weeks later...

David Connor is going to be a stud. South Panola (his high school) is a damn college program. Think about how good Hoover was... now make them meaner. That's Panola. I'm from Mississippi. I graduated in 2000. I'm not sure that Panola has lost more than once since then.

This article was written about them in 2007: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=3060377, and they still haven't lost since then (the streak is the longest in the country at 75 straight wins... and the last loss was in the State Championship, which was their only loss in 2003). That's the third longest streak in high school football history, and just to be clear, Panola is 5A. They've played the best competition in Mississippi every game of this streak.

I also know that David's junior high team went undefeated at least his eighth grade year (possibly his seventh as well). So if you're keeping track, David Connor has not lost a football game since he started playing in the Mississippi football system. He's also on the Clarion-Ledger's (Jackson) list of the Dandy Dozen, which is their rating of the top 12 players in the state of Mississippi.

On top of that Panola has a history of churning out great defensive backs: Deshea Townsend (a whopping 1 inch taller than Connor) and Toward Sanford (started at Ole Miss) came from there. Derek Pegues (also 1 inch taller), Demario Bobo, and Jamarca Sanford all came from there during the current streak. That place is a factory, and David Connor is their latest great. Regardless of what any recruiting service says, I'll take him everyday and twice on gameday.

I had a Panola Bar for breakfast this morning. Good stuff but a little chewey.

I go back to a thread I started earlier. If this guy is now one of the preseason Top 12 and if he lives up to the preseason hype and kicks a$$ this year...do they adjust his ***stars***? Again, not that it makes any difference whatsoever. If a guy can play, he can play..period. I'm just interested in how the play of these guys during their senior years may or may not affect their ratings. We've got 75% of our class verbally committed. Did they have the opportunity to see these kids at all and properly evaluate them?

Orrrrrrrrrrr.....we could just jam JJ at the line like Prattville did in the playoffs last year. They rocked him twice and he folded up for the rest of the game. My brother (bammer) was hoping JJ would commit to Au after that seeing JJ in that game.

Mississippi did the same thing in the Al/Miss all star game. Two good whacks and JJ headed for the sideline, never to be seen again. His best shot at fame is as a long jumper in the 2012 Olympics. Football appears to be a little too rough for the laddie.

Orrrrrrrrrrr.....we could just jam JJ at the line like Prattville did in the playoffs last year. They rocked him twice and he folded up for the rest of the game. My brother (bammer) was hoping JJ would commit to Au after that seeing JJ in that game.

Mississippi did the same thing in the Al/Miss all star game. Two good whacks and JJ headed for the sideline, never to be seen again. His best shot at fame is as a long jumper in the 2012 Olympics. Football appears to be a little too rough for the laddie.

actually, he was still having ankle problems and thats why he left the game. thats also why he saw limited playing time in a few regular season games towards the end of the season. i doubt he would have even gone to the all star game had it not been for coaches and different players from the area that he is friends with encouraging him to go. as for the rest of your thread, lets look back at this thread in about 3 years.

as for the rest of your thread, lets look back at this thread in about 3 years.

It'll be almost four years before we know if he makes the Olympic track team or not. How much he hates contact should be quite obvious by, say, October.

It'll be almost four years before we know if he makes the Olympic track team or not. How much he hates contact should be quite obvious by, say, October.

it will take much less than four years for you to be able to tell he will be successful with football. and yeah, Julio HATES contact.....thats why he played defense a good bit as well. ask Reggie Hunt how much Julio Jones hates contact. doesn't look like Julio shed a tear when he got up from any of these plays or breaking any of these tackles:

it will take much less than four years for you to be able to tell he will be successful with football. and yeah, Julio HATES contact.....thats why he played defense a good bit as well. ask Reggie Hunt how much Julio Jones hates contact. doesn't look like Julio shed a tear when he got up from any of these plays or breaking any of these tackles:

We've got a tackle for him to break: #10. Julio may never walk again.

actually, he was still having ankle problems and thats why he left the game. thats also why he saw limited playing time in a few regular season games towards the end of the season. i doubt he would have even gone to the all star game had it not been for coaches and different players from the area that he is friends with encouraging him to go. as for the rest of your thread, lets look back at this thread in about 3 years.

Really? You bammers need to get your excuses straight. I was on another SEC forum earlier today, and this same topic was being discussed over there. The bammies on that board were saying that it was turf toe. So which is it? Either way, I think that he is soft. Receivers have a reputation for being like that.

Yup, a nice little 5 yard crossing pattern and say good night to the 5* Mexican.....courtesy of "The General".

The overwhelming testimony of reality is that Hoopie's assessment is right. You can stand over there in your pane glass house launching stones if that's your thing. But don't expect us not to point and snicker at the rank stupidity of it.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p...1055/columnists

Over the past year, as arrests have piled up at colleges across the country, no AU player has seen his name in the police blotter.

Not one.

Yet, this program is recruiting from the same pool of athletes as Alabama and Georgia. The Tide has endured 11 arrests in 18 months. The Bulldogs have had seven players arrested since December.

If you stretch it past the last year, the numbers are even more surprising. In his 10 years at Auburn, Tuberville has had fewer players arrested than UA and UGA have in the past year and a half.

cool. Who's gonna be coaching him then?? that is assuming he isn't in jail with the rest of the football team...

Archived