David Conner = #22

I hope these kids can jump. Otherwise, Julio Jones, and those like him, are going to have a field day with our short secondary.

Speed is good, I won't count that out.

But I'll take any commit that CTT and our staff wants if they want to play for Auburn. War Eagle and I hope you're the next Junior Rosegreen.

I hope these kids can jump. Otherwise, Julio Jones, and those like him, are going to have a field day with our short secondary.

Well, he's two inches taller here:

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&am...747&yr=2009

Will that be enough to help? :poke:

Here's a better read on him:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/766598.html

But I'll take any commit that CTT and our staff wants if they want to play for Auburn. War Eagle and I hope you're the next Junior Rosegreen.

Orrrrrrrrrrr.....we could just jam JJ at the line like Prattville did in the playoffs last year. They rocked him twice and he folded up for the rest of the game. My brother (bammer) was hoping JJ would commit to Au after that seeing JJ in that game.

From the above link - 2007 Football Season: 98 tackles, 18 for loss, 14 sacks, 4 blocked punts, 5 blocked extra points/field goals, 3 forced fumbles, 4 recovered fumbles. Named 1st Team All-State for all classifications by Clarion Ledger. Earned Region 1(5A) Defensive Player of the Year.

Not too shabby.

Orrrrrrrrrrr.....we could just jam JJ at the line like Prattville did in the playoffs last year. They rocked him twice and he folded up for the rest of the game. My brother (bammer) was hoping JJ would commit to Au after that seeing JJ in that game.

yeah, i mean because had all the other teams Foley played had just figured out that all they have to do to totally neutralize Julio Jones is jam him at the line, Foley wouldn't have won any games!

i hope he is the next Tommy Powell

yeah, i mean because had all the other teams Foley played had just figured out that all they have to do to totally neutralize Julio Jones is jam him at the line, Foley wouldn't have won any games!

Well, it's not a matter of just trying to jam anyone at the line. But if you do it effectively, even the great Julio can get frustrated.

Take a look at 3 of the All SEC DB's ...believe it or not they are 5'9" and can cover...he's being recruited by LSU, ARK, AL, OK, and others...so far he's been offered by 3 SEC schools before the season starts...not bad in my opinion..by the end of the season he would have had at least 3 more offers if he continued playing like he has...

Take a look at 3 of the All SEC DB's ...believe it or not they are 5'9" and can cover...he's being recruited by LSU, ARK, AL, OK, and others...so far he's been offered by 3 SEC schools before the season starts...not bad in my opinion..by the end of the season he would have had at least 3 more offers if he continued playing like he has...

Geez, again with the factual information and balanced perspective? Don't you know that the real Auburn fans just shoot from the hip and freak out over nothing all the while insisting they are the only ones who see it?!?

you just can't help yourself can you? Since you ignored me in the other thread, I'll ask again. Why do you see the need to poor mouth everything and be a constant complainer? Does your life really suck this bad? You really should seek some counseling...

Ever heard of Captain Munnerlyn? Neither Auburn nor Alabama offered him and he's from Mobile. See what happens when you recruit height instead of talent.

Want to hear more about his "height problem?" I'm pretty sure his high school team uses him at OLB/DE. He seems to be doing just fine on the line at 5'9. Playing in the secondary will probably make him feel like a giant.

See what happens when you recruit height instead of talent.

what? This kid is .1% of being a 2*. His RR is 5.5. Are you trying to say he may be short but is a great athlete?

i think the norm for DBs is 5'9"-5'11". if QBs were trained to throw balls at least 1½ feet or so above a receiver's head, then that might be an issue. every ball thrown isn't going to be a jump ball.

i think the norm for DBs is 5'9"-5'11". if QBs were trained to throw balls at least 1½ feet or so above a receiver's head, then that might be an issue. every ball thrown isn't going to be a jump ball.

Ding. What is that sir?

A case of saying it like it is.

This kid is .1% of being a 2*. His RR is 5.5.

You idiot. He is .1 from it, which is 10%. But guess what? If he is 2* or 3* it doens't make a difference. He is the same athlete. If they changed him to a 5* that doesn't mean he is better, he is still the same. Luckily coaches don't offer schollys based on these stars.

Maybe this will help you understand what I was talking about.

The ranking system ranks prospects on a numerical scale from 6.1-4.9.

6.1 Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect

6.0-5.8 All-American Candidate; high-major prospect; considered one of the nation's top 300 prospects; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.7-5.5 All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 750 or so prospects in the country; high-to-mid-major prospect; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

6.1 Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect

6.0-5.8 All-American Candidate; high-major prospect; considered one of the nation's top 300 prospects; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.7-5.5 All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 750 or so prospects in the country; high-to-mid-major prospect; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team

5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

maybe this will help you understand...

We do not care how any recruiting service rates the players CTT and his staff recruit and offer to.

Just my 2 cents.

;)

We get what you were talking about. Most of us are fairly familiar with Rivals' rating system. But you displayed an ignorance of mathematics parlance when you added the % sign in there. He is not one-tenth of one percent away from being a two star. Things like that tend to get pointed out when you're in the process of being a jackass.

We do not care how any recruiting service rates the players CTT and his staff recruit and offer to.

Of course you care. All of you care. To the ones who are honest enough to speak up and be a bit worried of the direction Auburn is heading and the ones who defend at all cost and refuse to listen to any argument. Your former players care and have concern and rightfully so. Make no mistake about it, you care.

I've heard time and time again how it doesn't matter if Auburn gets 3 stars or even less because CTT will coach them up and turn them to great players. I think he has a good track record for doing this. But what I've never heard an Auburn fan say is if CTT can do this for 3* talent, imagine what he could do to 5* talent.

Of course you care. All of you care. To the ones who are honest enough to speak up and be a bit worried of the direction Auburn is heading and the ones who defend at all cost and refuse to listen to any argument. Your former players care and have concern and rightfully so. Make no mistake about it, you care.

I've heard time and time again how it doesn't matter if Auburn gets 3 stars or even less because CTT will coach them up and turn them to great players. I think he has a good track record for doing this. But what I've never heard an Auburn fan say is if CTT can do this for 3* talent, imagine what he could do to 5* talent.

Miss cleo is that you? Exactly how do you figure you know what we as auburn fans care about. You aren't one of us, so it would do you good to keep your mouth shut about things you know NOTHING about.

Archived