Yesterday on Finescum, Todd Mcshay from espn made a prediction for the SEC West.

FootballFanatic

Todd Mcshay said on the Finescum show that he predicted that Bama would win the West. Put Auburn 3rd under LSU and had Auburn losing to Bama.

Needless to say, the remaning bit of the show was endless bammer calls saying "Saban is the greatest coach ever!"

Not that :ua: has 0 chance to win the west, but Todd seemed to be one of the few analysts that thinks they have any shot this year. Not sure how much he was playing up to the fanbase with his call since ESPN is generally despised by the Bammers.

It was interesting. I am just sure Wives all over Alabama got black eyes last night.

Not sure how much he was playing up to the fanbase with his call since ESPN is generally despised by the Bammers.

He wasn't playing it up at all. Watch him on ESPN, he says the same things then too.

He is the only person I have read or seen that has openly stated that Bama will win the West. I guess he is banking on JPW having a very good senior season, it is going to take more than him though.

Todd Mcshay said on the Finescum show that he predicted that Bama would win the West. Put Auburn 3rd under LSU and had Auburn losing to Bama.

Needless to say, the remaning bit of the show was endless bammer calls saying "Saban is the greatest coach ever!"

Not that :ua: has 0 chance to win the west, but Todd seemed to be one of the few analysts that thinks they have any shot this year. Not sure how much he was playing up to the fanbase with his call since ESPN is generally despised by the Bammers.

It was interesting. I am just sure Wives all over Alabama got black eyes last night.

What will he say when Bama is crushed by Clemson?

What will he say when Bama is crushed by Clemson?

He'll say, "[A] loss to Clemson does not affect Bama's SEC standing or expectations." B)

Maybe he's just trying to make a Sleeper pick and not fall in with the herd of Sportswriters, though most of the guys picking the sleeper in the West have gone with Ole Miss. I personally think there's just too many unknowns in the West to really make a decent pick. Arky and MSU seem to be reasonably out of it, but the other four teams all have reasons to think they could pull off a trip to ATL.

They gotta get first downs before they can win the SEC, don't you think? How about moving the ball inside the 20's? Can you win the SEC without doing that?

Let's get real people. Football season is about to start and then we will be talking about REALITY and not all these delusions of grandeur.

Alabama will win 7 or 8 games and will have a nice trip to Orlando. Overall it will be a decent building season for them. Next topic please...

They gotta get first downs before they can win the SEC, don't you think? How about moving the ball inside the 20's? Can you win the SEC without doing that?

Let's get real people. Football season is about to start and then we will be talking about REALITY and not all these delusions of grandeur.

Alabama will win 7 or 8 games and will have a nice trip to Orlando. Overall it will be a decent building season for them. Next topic please...

we had more first downs and a higher ranked overall offense than AU in the SEC last season, then in the red zone scored 1 TD less than AU and went 14/18 on FGs where you guys were 11/12. so i guess you're saying we have about the same chance as AU at winning the SEC?

we had more first downs and a higher ranked overall offense than AU in the SEC last season, then in the red zone scored 1 TD less than AU and went 14/18 on FGs where you guys were 11/12. so i guess you're saying we have about the same chance as AU at winning the SEC?

Assuming your defense is on the same level as last years Auburn team, then sure. That'd be a pretty big assumption though.

I was not comparing to last year or saying Alabama can't move the ball as much as I was trying to make a point... Once that first ball is kicked on Sept 30, all the pre-season hype will be meaningless, and once again, football will be about getting the next first down and moving it in the red zone, and NOT about what is "projected" to happen in December.

In two weeks we will be talking about real stuff and not projections. That's all I was saying.

I had been listening to another sports call in show, it ended and went into Finebaum. Trust me, I would never have been listening to it otherwise. It was a mistake. I thought I would throw up when I heard a minute or two. Was he kissing a$$! Worse than usual.

His $aban man crush has made his show pretty intolerable.

Of course, this is the time of the year where he sets up the bama fans for failure. He gets em riled up for a few weeks then when things start going south he gets really critical of Bama and starts pumping Auburn to irritate the bammers.

Its all a psychological game really.

two good points, first downs and scoring in the red zone. As for my fellow bama fan that said we did better than Auburn last year in those, that might be true...but we have got to play better defense and not make stupid turnovers.

Last year bama was in every game they played. But, we made dumb turnovers at costly times. Scoring in the red zone and playing defense is a must......but the key to winning is not beating yourself.

7-5, maybe 8-4 if everything goes their way. Their D is going to SU*K!!!! :puke:

:au::homer:

That really says a lot since I think we were ranked around 105th in the nation in total offense, then went on to put up 420 yards against Clemson (top 10 D team). We're going to actually be putting up points this year, who knows what our record will be.

7-5, maybe 8-4 if everything goes their way. Their D is going to SU*K!!!! :puke:

i thought our D was going to suck last year, but its actually what propped the offense up imho. i really think defense will be one of our strong points this season. i hope so anyways. maybe not the first few games, but by midseason should be firing on all cylinders.

i thought our D was going to suck last year, but its actually what propped the offense up imho. i really think defense will be one of our strong points this season. i hope so anyways. maybe not the first few games, but by midseason should be firing on all cylinders.

I just totally disagree, Dude. You lost FIVE guys to graduation, or whatever, off the D that started the IB last year. FIVE...and your LB corps is decimated....

I just totally disagree, Dude. You lost FIVE guys to graduation, or whatever, off the D that started the IB last year. FIVE...and your LB corps is decimated....

But don't forget they have SABAN and the #1 RATED RECRUITING CLASS IN THE NATION...

On the field this year to earn their money and get the job done.

i really don't think the secondary will be an issue to be honest. the only question is the front seven, and to narrow that down further, i think the DL will be a question mark. the LB situation gets blown up a little more than it really is. number wise, we have plenty of LB (17). we have alot of depth actually, just not a ton of experience. out of that 17, there are 10 guys that are freshmen. 6 or 7 guys (not all necessarily freshmen) will see a good amount of time in the rotation. Upshaw, Harris, and Hightower are three of the freshmen that will probably see a good bit of PT, Harris more so in obvious passing situations. i think somebody that will come out of nowhere this season is Eryk Anders. he has been an absolute beast in fall camp from everything that i have seen.

you may have a point on the DL. honestly if i had to pick something to be concerned about it would be the DL, and not LB. for all the times Terrence Cody was made fun of for his weight here, i think he will be a HUGE (pun intended) presence in the middle on goal line stands and short 3rd down situations. everything that has come out of camp about him says he moves pretty well for a big guy and has lost alot of weight. you can really tell from his pictures he has slimmed down. we have a few upper classmen there, but i think there will be alot of freshmen who get some PT there.

EDIT: the staff is experimenting with Alfred McCullough on the OL (insert argument from WAR-MATT how CNS lied to him here), which eases my worries about the DL a little. that is, if the move sticks. if we can spare him on the DL then they must feel pretty good about some of the younger talent.

I don't think he was pointing out that UA didn't get first downs and score TDs, I think he was saying all these predictions of winning the west are stupid because no first downs and TDs have even been made this season.

He is the only person I have read or seen that has openly stated that Bama will win the West. I guess he is banking on JPW having a very good senior season, it is going to take more than him though.

I have some very nice ocean front property in Huntsville that you/he can buy VERY cheap! :moon::cheer:

I live in north Alabama and there's no bigger $aban tool than Harold Bugg. Except maybe his bush-league sidekick. :thumbsdown:

I agree Bugg is a saban lover,

It a shame too that's the only real good sports radio station around.

And that dummy sidekick of his makes me sick.

His knee pads are well used

Archived