QB Opening?

autiger6

Quote from Tubs

"Tuberville said he's now considering all options at quarterback. That includes Barrett Trotter and, I guess, Neil Caudle."

jaygtate.blogspot.com

I think we should go ahead and remove the redshirt from Trotter since he is probably the best passer down at Auburn right now. This will give him a head start going into next year given we continue with the spread. Trotter can also run making a Defense respect him opening up the passing game. This is of course if our WR's can actually catch the ball. I think we should still use KB in the rotation but I would sit Todd. We just need a brand new identity and something the kids can build on.

Interesting proposition. Usually I would say don't bother pulling his shirt, but if we don't show at least some improvement that will really cause recruiting problems - especially considering the uncertainty. I say go ahead and do it, if he's ready.

Quote from Tubs

"Tuberville said he's now considering all options at quarterback. That includes Barrett Trotter and, I guess, Neil Caudle."

jaygtate.blogspot.com

I think we should go ahead and remove the redshirt from Trotter since he is probably the best passer down at Auburn right now. This will give him a head start going into next year given we continue with the spread. Trotter can also run making a Defense respect him opening up the passing game. This is of course if our WR's can actually catch the ball. I think we should still use KB in the rotation but I would sit Todd. We just need a brand new identity and something the kids can build on.

link: http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/10/tuberv...more_chang.html

I sure wish that they'd give #19 a chance. He couldn't do ANY worse.

Quote from Tubs

jaygtate.blogspot.com

Yeah, they really are reluctant to put Caudle in for some reason. I wouldn't put Trotter in. We burned Kodi's redshirt last year. It would be a mistake to do that with Trotter imo.

call me crazy if you want but KODI BURNS played alright....

now im not saying that he played like an all-sec QB but he definetly showed potential....

that is the most he has ever played in a game at his time at AU.... he has to work on his touch and make better reads....

he showed me alot (he was ALOT more patient in the Pocket)...... If the coaches werent stupid and ran the I when it was first and goal from the 5.... we would have scored a TD and won the game

and KODI would have been called a hero by you same folks....(he made 2 nice throws on that drive)

KODI with experience this year is good enough to be our leader next year.... he is not the problem

call me crazy if you want but KODI BURNS played alright....

now im not saying that he played like an all-sec QB but he definetly showed potential....

that is the most he has ever played in a game at his time at AU.... he has to work on his touch and make better reads....

he showed me alot (he was ALOT more patient in the Pocket)...... If the coaches werent stupid and ran the I when it was first and goal from the 5.... we would have scored a TD and won the game

and KODI would have been called a hero by you same folks....(he made 2 nice throws on that drive)

KODI with experience this year is good enough to be our leader next year.... he is not the problem

I am not saying that Kodi is the problem. There is already alot of finger pointing going on and I do not want to add to it. At the same time I just don't understand why Caudle hasn't gotten a chance this year. From what I understand Caudle doesn't even get snaps at practice. WHY?

Again, I am not saying that Kodi or Heaven forbid Todd comprise the WHOLE problem but WHAT IF.......Caudle could run the offense better? WHY won't they even give him a chance?

Our receivers need to start catching balls before you yank a redshirt when you have at least 1 capable QB.

Todd better be riding the pine from here on out, he was horrible

Kodi had some issues as well but there were a also a few drop balls and without knowing the play what seemed like receivers not running the correct route (hmm dunn on the last play)

Quote from Tubs

jaygtate.blogspot.com

i could not agree with you more. he could not have done any worse. i second that. :thumbsup:

Our receivers need to start catching balls before you yank a redshirt when you have at least 1 capable QB.

were Dunn and Billings playing lastnight?? I thought they were the most consistent receivers so far this season..

Quote from Tubs

jaygtate.blogspot.com

:au:

You still believe what he said so far?

:no:

This is NOT a year when we have a dirth of QB talent @ AU (unlike the Tim Hudson days when tater tot had to try to make a future pro baseball star pitcher our starting QB).

Kodi & Chris are talented QBs, even underachieving they should be doing better than they are. Looking to Caudle or Trotter (terrific but talents in their own right) is mid-season panic...and a sign that CTT (a proven, terrific HC) is perhaps doing his worst job ever this year as a HC.

We have to give Burns an entire game.

why so we can have 104 yards of total offense in the game? sorry guys 54 yards for the first half is not going to cut it. while i think that burns has some talent i think his confidence is shaken he needs to sit a bit to get his head straight and use him were we know he will be successful tilll he is clear of the cobwebs. And no i don't think chris Todd should be the starter. Neil Caudle is on the bench has not had his confidence shaken yet give him a shot.

We have to give Burns an entire game.

why so we can have 104 yards of total offense in the game? sorry guys 54 yards for the first half is not going to cut it. while i think that burns has some talent i think his confidence is shaken he needs to sit a bit to get his head straight and use him were we know he will be successful tilll he is clear of the cobwebs. And no i don't think chris Todd should be the starter. Neil Caudle is on the bench has not had his confidence shaken yet give him a shot.

You are right, that kind of offensive production is not acceptable. I do believe that we either need to sink or swim with Kodi though. Todd is not good at all and its pretty evident that the coaches have no confidence in Neil Caudle. If they did, I think he would have played some last year and would surely be playing this year. Our offense cannot get any worse so I see your point on playing Caudle.

Archived