Tim Simon

AUesquire

Our sports talk station has a Saturday morning show where they talk high school football only and do a great job of talking about Auburn/Alabama recruits and what they did the night before. (By the way, Trent Richardson is freakin' SICK...hope Florida puts mo' money on the table B) )

Anyway, the host said Simon had about 290 in total yards last night and discussed that he wasn't sure why this kid was not getting much love from either Auburn or Bammie. Didn't know if it was a grades issue or what. Seems to me this kid has all the tools. Anyone have the scoop?

According to Scout he has offers from both.

One quote from an article there about Auburn he said they (AU) call me the most.

That was a couple of months back, nothing new.

After Auburn got Brandon Jacobs, Perkins, and Ontarion McCalleb I think we backed off of him

we only wanted 3 RB's this class.....

im pretty sure the AU offer isnt even on the table as of this moment....

Good deal. Just pulled up both Scout and Rivals and again, saw one of my pet peeves.

Scout 6'2" 200 4.6

Rivals 6'1" 210 4.5

This discrepency is not nearly what you normall see when they give the bios. Almost sounds like two different kids. Did he shrink and gain weight? Or did he grow taller and lose weight?

Anyway, Rivals projects him on defense and he looks like one hell of an athlete. Just not understanding the lack of love.

He wants to play RB and AL and AU have been recruiting him to play LB...he also has severe asthma...so that may be part of it.

Remember, the only source that Rivals and Scout have about whether a kid has an offer or not is the kid himself. There is no way to verify.

It seems that to some players, a brief question from a recruiter along the lines of "would you be interested" is enough for them to say they've got an offer.

Tim Simon to Ole Piss.

Bham News, Tuesday, Nov 4th.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Simon to Ole Piss.

Bham News, Tuesday, Nov 4th.

Bingo! Ole Miss recruited him as a RB. An earlier poster was correct that AU and UA were recruiting him as a defensive player.

I know this kid liked AU, but looking at his speed actually is what is at issue for him to be a running back at AU.

No matter what kids list as their 40 yd dash, true sub 4.5 guys are hard to find. When you look at a Percy Harvin and realize he is a 4.4 or better, he makes people look like they are standing still.

So when a guy is 4.5 and up, he is truly a defensive type speed player in upper tier SEC teams.

Just an update on Simon, he had 26 carries for 368 yards and 5 touchdowns in week two of the state playoffs.

Just an update on Simon, he had 26 carries for 368 yards and 5 touchdowns in week two of the state playoffs.

Yeah, but he's not fast enough.

And he's too short... B)

And he won't have to go to prep school.

Archived