Petey Smith to UA

Aubie27

Petey Smith = Prince Hall II

funny how people weren't saying things like this when he was leaning to AU. i bet if i would have made such a statement or belittled his skills you guys would flame me off the board. i suppose things change when you don't get your way.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny how people weren't saying things like this when he was leaning to AU. i bet if i would have made such a statement or belittled his skills you guys would flame me off the board. i suppose things change when you don't get your way.

I wouldn't mind having Prince Hall.

if petey smith was committed to a position coach and not a school then i don't want anything to do with the kid.

In past days maybe that was a good criteria. But these days a lot of kids don't go to a school because they particularly like it. They go because they like the position coach, chance of early playing time, etc. It's unfortunate nut also naive to believe otherwise. We lost four great prospects in Cotton, Johnson, Coleman and Smith because of Willis leaving. That speaks volumes. We may not like it but it's just the way things are these days.

I agree with the douche for a change. The old staff (and hence, we as fans) really wanted this kid. I have no idea how the new staff felt about him. I do know we are all over 3 or 4 different LB prospects that are returning interest and scheduling official visits.

I'm not scared of Petey at UA... not because he isn't good, but because he'll be on the bench behind other studs for years.

We lost four great prospects in Cotton, Johnson, Coleman and Smith because of Willis leaving. That speaks volumes. We may not like it but it's just the way things are these days.

I don't understand this post. Cotton and Smith have been wavering since forever, even since before CTT was fired resigned. Coleman hasn't gone anywhere (yet), but days before Willis left he said it was "between Auburn and Arkansas". Who's Johnson?

As far as I can tell, Willis wasn't doing so great. (See previous paragraph) Maybe now one of the others can go behind JW and do a little clean-up.

Petey Smith is going to Alabama. This comes after the news that Willis is leaving for Alabama.

According to Scout he does not have an offer from us...

Was it pulled for some of these others coming in for visits?

Not sure but Jay Tate stated on JOX yesterday that Auburn wasn't real high on him (not that they wouldn't have taken him at all, b ut...) and that UAT, as far has he knew, had not made an offer to him. So, as of that interview, he had no scholly offer to accept at UAT.

Petey could have really messed up...if uat doesn't offer, he probably has burned his bridge with AU. I'm not really sure where he has other firm options at this point.

I think it comes down where Tana signs with. I think uat is holding that spot for him and that could impact if he gets offered or not. I would love to know what Tana thinks about Willis going to uat. Does that help uat or hurt them with Tana?

I think it comes down where Tana signs with. I think uat is holding that spot for him and that could impact if he gets offered or not. I would love to know what Tana thinks about Willis going to uat. Does that help uat or hurt them with Tana?

Willis to UA does nothing but help us. Willis was the main reason Tana was even considering AU.

Willis to UA does nothing but help us. Willis was the main reason Tana was even considering AU.

Same thing was true with Coleman but Coleman wants nothing to do with Willis now.

I'm going to need a link on that. Not that it's harmful. I just don't believe you.

I'm going to need a link on that. Not that it's harmful. I just don't believe you.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903686

From everyone I talk to he has a good reputation with linebackers. He turns them lose to make plays. Auburn used that as a big selling point so now I guess that will help Alabama now for next season.

"I don't see how it would hurt Alabama's chances. I already liked Alabama and I have a good relationship with Coach Willis. I'm going to talk to him and figure out if anything has changed but I don't think it has," Patrick said. "Having another good defensive coach doesn't hurt and I was curious to see who Alabama would hire and I got my answer so that is one less thing to worry about."

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903686

From everyone I talk to he has a good reputation with linebackers. He turns them lose to make plays. Auburn used that as a big selling point so now I guess that will help Alabama now for next season.

"I don't see how it would hurt Alabama's chances. I already liked Alabama and I have a good relationship with Coach Willis. I'm going to talk to him and figure out if anything has changed but I don't think it has," Patrick said. "Having another good defensive coach doesn't hurt and I was curious to see who Alabama would hire and I got my answer so that is one less thing to worry about."

That's acceptable, except that it never says Willis was the main reason Patrick was interested. In general, it doesn't seem that he cares about personalities. He simply calls Willis "another good defensive coach." I like how the kid is going about this. He seems deliberate and inquisitive.

Petey no longer has an offer from Auburn and like it was stated earlier, if Tana goes to bama, Petey doesn't get an offer from alabama.

Tana will be a signing day decision, so that timeline doesn't make much sense.

Sure it does. Little Nicky is going to take one more LB, assuming Atchison doesn't change, and it will be between Tana and Petey. Nicky would rather have Tana. Petey very well could end up without an offer from bama.

Sure it does. Little Nicky is going to take one more LB, assuming Atchison doesn't change, and it will be between Tana and Petey. Nicky would rather have Tana. Petey very well could end up without an offer from bama.

we only have two current LB commits, and Tana will most likely end up in crimson as well. that would be a total of 3, and we really need 4-5 in this class. i really don't think the whole Petey Smith deal is dependent on Tana Patrick, as we could take both of them.

we only have two current LB commits, and Tana will most likely end up in crimson as well. that would be a total of 3, and we really need 4-5 in this class. i really don't think the whole Petey Smith deal is dependent on Tana Patrick, as we could take both of them.

God this pain's me! but I agree with you!

God this pain's me! but I agree with you!

see, its not that hard.....

we only have two current LB commits, and Tana will most likely end up in crimson as well. that would be a total of three....

So this prospect is another one you hang around with? Chill at his place drinkin' pop and playing X-games, do you? That's when he told you he's always been and always will be a bammer?

Tana Patrick is Bama bound.

Petey Smith from what I have seen likely doesn't have an offer from us and isn't really a target. Doesn't fit this defense as a LB.

Petey Smith from what I have seen likely doesn't have an offer from us and isn't really a target. Doesn't fit this defense as a LB.

That's funny...and is the equivalent of "we didn't want him anyway."

How is it funny when it is flat out true? Eric Smith (ie: Petey's brother) has stated that Petey doesn't have an Auburn offer, and our coaches made very little attempt to win him back...in fact, the new coaches have paid next to no attention to him and have instead been offering other linebackers. Durrr...why would they do this? Probably because Chizik is a Cover2 guy and the MLB in that defense is responsible for deep pass coverage which lets just say is far from the strength of '250lbs-as-a-17 year old' Petey Smith who looks like a DL playing linebacker.

How is it funny when it is flat out true? Eric Smith (ie: Petey's brother) has stated that Petey doesn't have an Auburn offer, and our coaches made very little attempt to win him back...in fact, the new coaches have paid next to no attention to him and have instead been offering other linebackers. Durrr...why would they do this? Probably because Chizik is a Cover2 guy and the MLB in that defense is responsible for deep pass coverage which lets just say is far from the strength of '250lbs-as-a-17 year old' Petey Smith who looks like a DL playing linebacker.

Then I hope you've come to CJWs defense when all these people on here are saying the only reason you lost Petey Smith was because mean ole JW stole him from Auburn.

I'm growing really tired of all the Alabama fans jumping into every thread and being the moral compass for Auburn. I left for a time because of this and it looks like I'm leaving again.

Archived