Petey Smith to UA

Aubie27

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only the beginning. I predicted on another post that this would happen and it has. I predict that virtually everyone Willis was recruiting will wind up at other schools, if not at Bammer. To me, this puts Saban at a new low as a scumbag. However, I don't blame Saban as much as I blame Chizik. According to what I've read, after CTT was let go, Willis was given a severance check and then when he was rehired, they made him pay it back. Then, of all the low things to do, Chizik brought in his own people and paid them much more. Hey, your pride will only take so much and apparently Chizik trampled on it enough to run him off. Major screw up by Chizik IMO.

*** Petey Smith. I hope Eric runs his a** in the ground the first chance he gets. (If Petey ever sees the field)

I don't think that kinda language is appropriate until Signing Day is through....

I don't blame Saban at all. He did exactly what he should've done.

Blame Willis. He's the one with no morals. I hope a tornado whips through his house in T-Town and people cover it in toilet paper.

if petey smith was committed to a position coach and not a school then i don't want anything to do with the kid.

Blame Willis. He's the one with no morals. I hope a tornado whips through his house in T-Town and people cover it in toilet paper.

Pc come on now you are usually level headed! Don't wish something like that. While what Willis did may be low down he does have small children. Be careful what you wish for.

Pc come on now you are usually level headed! Don't wish something like that. While what Willis did may be low down he does have small children. Be careful what you wish for.

I hope his children learn how to be adults from a different source.

However, I don't blame Saban as much as I blame Chizik. According to what I've read, after CTT was let go, Willis was given a severance check and then when he was rehired, they made him pay it back.

Why, yes they did make him pay it back. He, like all the assistants, was to be kept on salary through July. So he never missed a paycheck, he kept his insurance and other perks and didn't have to move. Then he was re-hired at a 50% raise. Please tell my why he was due any severance money when he was never severed?

Then, of all the low things to do, Chizik brought in his own people and paid them much more.

Willis got a $100k raise. That wasn't enough?

No, you need to blame this one on Willis. Chizik did everything necessary to keep him. Besides which, we can hire a better LB coach and this year at least, Joe Whitt can recruit the Mobile area much better than Willis. When Whitt was our man down there we were getting a lot of great players. In the two years since Willis has taken over, UAT has cleaned our clock around Mobile. Willis wasn't cutting it anyway. Good riddance, he bailed on us now just like he bailed on us after the '92 season. This time I hope he stays gone.

However, I don't blame Saban as much as I blame Chizik. According to what I've read, after CTT was let go, Willis was given a severance check and then when he was rehired, they made him pay it back.

Why, yes they did make him pay it back. He, like all the assistants, was to be kept on salary through July. So he never missed a paycheck, he kept his insurance and other perks and didn't have to move. Then he was re-hired at a 50% raise. Please tell my why he was due any severance money when he was never severed?

Then, of all the low things to do, Chizik brought in his own people and paid them much more.

No, you need to blame this one on Willis. Chizik did everything necessary to keep him. Besides which, we can hire a better LB coach and this year at least, Joe Whitt can recruit the Mobile area much better than Willis. When Whitt was our man down there we were getting a lot of great players. In the two years since Willis has taken over, UAT has cleaned our clock around Mobile. Willis wasn't cutting it anyway. Good riddance, he bailed on us now just like he bailed on us after the '92 season. This time I hope he stays gone.

None of this makes any sense. Do you really think that Saban would hire an inferior coach and recruiter???

Petey Smith is going to Alabama. This comes after the news that Willis is leaving for Alabama.

According to Scout he does not have an offer from us...

Was it pulled for some of these others coming in for visits?

None of this makes any sense. Do you really think that Saban would hire an inferior coach and recruiter???

The REC is recruiting the Mobile area...Dinky just needs a caretaker, and he needed a LB coach.

Two words: Major Applewhite. $aban is not infallible. He has made hiring mistakes before and will make them again.

At this point in time, it's likely that Willis was the best he could do on short notice, plus there was the added benefit of messing up Auburn's immediate future. Long term, we can be better off for this.

Give me a list of the outstanding players Willis has brought to Auburn from the Mobile area, please? Mike McNeil is it, by my accounting. Joe Whitt was bringing in three or four every year from down there. Willis wasn't getting much done.

Petey ran a 4.8-4.9 forty and that is SLOOOOOW; not LB material IMO. I think at some point he would have been moved to the line. I just don't see this as a great loss especially if we can sign any of the LB we have coming in the next 2 weeks.

If I understand correctly - if Willis was given severance and then accepted a position to be rehired and then decided to go to Alabama, it seems like he would come out financially behind on the decision had he never came back to Auburn.

He should've accepted the severance and then went to Alabama, then he'd have both $$ But by returning the severance and basically not getting any of his AU salary, he is earning only what he gets at Bama. Perhaps this is what the raise at Bama was for (to compensate).

I could care less about Petey. In my view, he was never Auburn's anyway. From the very outset, has continued to list the Bammers at the top and finally had an excuse to do what he probably would have in the long run anyway. There's better LB's out there. Woudn't it be funny if the Bammers pulled his offer if they got a better LB?

Screw Petey Smith. I hope Eric runs his a** in the ground the first chance he gets. (If Petey ever sees the field)

I agree.

Petey ran a 4.8-4.9 forty and that is SLOOOOOW; not LB material IMO. I think at some point he would have been moved to the line. I just don't see this as a great loss especially if we can sign any of the LB we have coming in the next 2 weeks.

i think Petey will be in the middle, which doesn't really require a lightning fast 40. OLB are a little different story though.

runwithscissors, who in the Hell cares? I hope he is where our RB's can run over his a$$.

Has anybody talked to Eric to see if he knows why Petey made such an about face change on recruiting? I mean, he was pretty much gung ho for Auburn, then all of a sudden he changes 100% to Alabama. I just don't think that was all Willis' doing. May have helped, but I think he made up his mind himself. Did he have a huge knockdown drag out fight w/Eric, and is showing his age? Or is it something else?

I don't care. I'd liked to have had him in blue. Now I hope the first time he steps on the field against us we knock the taste out of his mouth. Bonus points if his own brother does it, but I'm not picky.

"if petey smith was committed to a position coach and not a school then i don't want anything to do with the kid."

Well would you decide to work for a company w/out any consideration for who your immediate boss will be? I hope not.

"if petey smith was committed to a position coach and not a school then i don't want anything to do with the kid."

Well would you decide to work for a company w/out any consideration for who your immediate boss will be? I hope not.

No, but I also wouldn't work for a company just because I knew my immediate boss and liked him. I would have to like the company also.

Archived