syracuse vs. UCONN

WarTiger

Yes, at the time of this post they are still playing. Syracuse just hit a 3 with 10.1 seconds to play to tie it up, and send it in to the FOURTH OVERTIME. Game is tied 98-98. UCONN lead by as many as 6 in the third OT, but couldn't make free throws. That opened the door for syracuse, and they hit a HUGE 3 off a screen to tie it up. UCONN's shot at the other end was a long 3 point attempt that fell short, followed by an offensive rebound that hit the rim and came off....

GEEZ...what a game. UCONN had possession game tied at 104 with 36 seconds left in the FOURTH OT. Got a great drive to the basket and missed the shot, rebound syracuse, with 8.7 seconds to play... they got it down the floor and got it inside for a layup in traffic, and the syracuse player missed the layup, then got the rebound and had it blocked. Clock ran out, and we are going to a FIFTH OVERTIME. Score is 104-104. WOW... what a game this is, and I've only seen the 3rd and 4th OT. Great, great game, OH, and syracuse into the FIFTH OT has NOT led in any of the OT periods.

DAMN...the game that won't end. UCONN had the ball in their front court with 17.1 seconds to play, took a 3 point attempt and it fell short, offensive rebound, and it didn't go either. Clock runs out... We are going into the SIXTH OVERTIME. Tied at 110.

...and on to the 6th OT we go.

Can't say I've seen a longer basketball game.

Syracuse takes their first lead out of all overtime periods, and UCONN has yet to score in the 6th OT. Syracuse now leads 118-110. 2:34 to play

As you might expect, stats are mind-boggling. Big East record 244 total points. Johnny Flynn played SIXTY SEVEN (out of 70 possible) minutes. Paul Harris had 22 rebounds - and he's a guard (OK, small forward). Seven players (I think) scored 19+ points. Eight fouled out. Wow.

Oh, and for their trouble, Syracuse gets WV, which beat #2 Pitt by 14, with about xxx hours "rest." (What time is the game?)

Leave it to Doug Gottlieb, though, to snuff out every ounce of greatness from this game: "Maybe the real winner here is UConn. They get three more days rest (before the NCAAs)." Douche.

It was by far the best game Ive seen and watched all the way through. Cuse has to beat foir tonight. game really showed who had the depth. I mean syracuse had a walk on that got his first rebound of season last. Great Bball game to watch. way to start march madness,

Archived