The Tiger Prowl -- Limo and all!

WinCrimson

there is a pic out there with the UAT flag flying in the background. but i'm sure that was the HS idea.

I would love to see it. I was at the sping game, and it didn't happen. Please show me a pic.

Your memory must be pretty bad. Here is your picture:

432265.jpg

There are more showing the whole spectacle as well. Including Saban arriving with Kenny Stabler, etc.

Apparently, you have never been to Ivan Jones Stadium. That is not the stadium's flagpole.

Is the flag on school grounds? Here’s another pic since you are so interested in it.

789863.jpg

The stadium isn't even at the high school. It is at least 3 miles away. The only thing at the high school grounds are the Lions Den, marching band field, practice football field, and baseball fields. None of the buildings at the stadium have shingled roofs either. The elementary school is next to the stadium. All around the stadium is actually a residential area except for the elementary school right off of US HWY 98. If you were to go behind the visitors bleachers there is a street that runs EAST/WEST and there are houses all along that street. Same thing on the street that runs NORTH/SOUTH. Everything is packed in very tightly right around there.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a pic out there with the UAT flag flying in the background. but i'm sure that was the HS idea.

I would love to see it. I was at the sping game, and it didn't happen. Please show me a pic.

Your memory must be pretty bad. Here is your picture:

432265.jpg

There are more showing the whole spectacle as well. Including Saban arriving with Kenny Stabler, etc.

Apparently, you have never been to Ivan Jones Stadium. That is not the stadium's flagpole.

Is the flag on school grounds? Here’s another pic since you are so interested in it.

789863.jpg

The stadium isn't even at the high school. It is at least 3 miles away. The only thing at the high school grounds are the Lions Den, marching band field, practice football field, and baseball fields. None of the buildings at the stadium have shingled roofs either. The elementary school is next to the stadium. All around the stadium is actually a residential area except for the elementary school right off of US HWY 98. If you were to go behind the visitors bleachers there is a street that runs EAST/WEST and there are houses all along that street. Same thing on the street that runs NORTH/SOUTH. Everything is packed in very tightly right around there.

I gotcha' but it's still the same concept. Impress HS kids......

They better have gotten the flags that won't break on the highway. It would look pretty bad to drive up with two broken flags sticking out of the window.

Not a huge fan of it, but, like has been said, I think high school kids will eat it up.

So basically all(7) the coaches will be in limo? I kind of wish they'd split up to cover some more ground.

They better have gotten the flags that won't break on the highway. It would look pretty bad to drive up with two broken flags sticking out of the window.

Not a huge fan of it, but, like has been said, I think high school kids will eat it up.

So basically all(7) the coaches will be in limo? I kind of wish they'd split up to cover some more ground.

It's just a quick 4 day tour of the state.

Gotcha. For some reason I thought I read 40 days and I was thinking....wha?

Gotcha. For some reason I thought I read 40 days and I was thinking....wha?

That would have been something to do with Noah or Jesus. B)

BS there is pics out there of the event that floated around. I just don't care enough to look for them.

I'd like to see them...

If that limo has 7 coaches in it, then they can probably only fit one recruit at a time in there. Thats not too bad.

Seriously guys? Really? You folks would be shouting from the rooftops if 7 Alabama coaches were driving around Mobile in a limousine going to different high schools. I am sure this will be put into full spin mode, though. Why would you go recruiting in a limousine if you don't plan on showing it off to a recruit?

How is it any different than Saban's arrival at Foley for the spring game in 07'? Same concept.....

There is a huge difference between your story and this one (I'm assuming that its the one about the RV that you guys came up with). In this one, it actually took place. In this one, there is also photographic proof. In this one, there is acknowledgement by AU coaches. In the story you describe, it didn't happen. Its pretty funny that you try to come up with something fictional to try and spin/divert this one out of the park. Well played, sir. There really is no defense to the limo recruiting, so you're going to try your best to skew the subject and turn it in every which direction. I expected nothing less from you.

wow..to think i wasted the time it took to read this ridiculous diatribe of NOTHING. do you have to work hard at being an ass or does it come naturally??

Oh hey, feel free to post the pics of CNS' arrival at Foley when you get a minute or two. I was there, so maybe I'll see some familiar shots.

depends on whether you had your eyes open while honking julio's bobo...

This move is all about getting attention. Attention is good in the world of recruiting. Kind of like how all publicity is good publicity when you are trying to sell something.

If some view it as cheesy, it will cause them to comment on it and therefore draw more attention to Auburn.

And the highschool kids will enjoy seeing their future coaches having a good time "in style".

As far as "there is no defense of the limo recruiting" statement: there is nothing wrong with recruiting in a limo or an RV or a Buick Lesabre or whatever kind of car is used. How do you expect 7 people plus a driver to fit in one car?

If that limo has 7 coaches in it, then they can probably only fit one recruit at a time in there. Thats not too bad.

Seriously guys? Really? You folks would be shouting from the rooftops if 7 Alabama coaches were driving around Mobile in a limousine going to different high schools. I am sure this will be put into full spin mode, though. Why would you go recruiting in a limousine if you don't plan on showing it off to a recruit?

If Saban had done it you guys would be screaming that it is the best recruiting tool ever

They look like they're going bowling.

They are trying to sell themselves (and AU) as a family. It's working.

I'm for it. The bammers that want to laugh only do so because they're too dumb to realize they'd dub Napoleon a genius for doing the same exact thing.

+1

This is definitely true. Every recruiting update you read is another kid coming away from AU talking about a family atmosphere.

If Saban had done it you guys would be screaming that it is the best recruiting tool ever

Negative.

I get embarassed when folks from my own fanbase put 3-4 stickers and a flag on their personal vehicles. At some point, I get the picture......you're an Alabama fan. Thats great, and so am I. I like Alabama just as much, but at some point it just looks trashy. I don't see how a limo should be used as a recruiting tool, unless you are wanting it to say "Hey, come to AU and a limo isn't the only perk you will get!". See where I am coming from? It reeks of Pat Dye.

Negative.

I get embarassed when folks from my own fanbase put 3-4 stickers and a flag on their personal vehicles. At some point, I get the picture......you're an Alabama fan. Thats great, and so am I. I like Alabama just as much, but at some point it just looks trashy. I don't see how a limo should be used as a recruiting tool, unless you are wanting it to say "Hey, come to AU and a limo isn't the only perk you will get!". See where I am coming from? It reeks of Pat Dye.

If we were giving extra perks, we wouldn't go out in a limo to do it. We would let the boosters give the car directly to the player like Alabama.

This is a coaching staff that is bold and confident and has a different way of thinking than your normal staff. Their ideas- regardless how trivial- show as much. They want to create a stir and some excitement around AU's program- something that has clearly been missing over the past few years- and this is just another way to do it. If they had quietly gotten a couple of SUVs and traveled around without making a big deal, what would be so exciting about that? They are distinguishing themselves in every way possible and leaving an impression.

And guess what? It's April 27 and people are talking about AU recruiting --- it's working. Let the squares and bammers ridicule it if they want, every thing I'm hearing about AU's recruiting and this staff is overwhelmingly positive.

I'm glad I am not the only one that thought this Limo was cheesy looking. If they were going to get a limo, they should've went all out. Yikes it is boring and blah. Should've went with the Hummer Limo.

I'm glad I am not the only one that thought this Limo was cheesy looking. If they were going to get a limo, they should've went all out. Yikes it is boring and blah. Should've went with the Hummer Limo.

wow

I guess you and RWS got your talking point's from the pond scum himself! But would one of you two have original thought please!! :puke: Now do I think its a little cheesy yes, But why would you or RWS care how they got to there? Isn't the point that there going to eval the recruits?

I don't know whether it is cheezy or not. Does it work?

If it works, I hope Richt and company do it.

If it doesn't, I hope they stop it

Do what works....if Richt and company got recruits putting a barbie doll on the sides of the limo, I will buy him the logos/dolls

wow

I guess you and RWS got your talking point's from the pond scum himself! But would one of you two have original thought please!! :puke: Now do I think its a little cheesy yes, But why would you or RWS care how they got to there? Isn't the point that there going to eval the recruits?

So if they showed up on bicycles, that'd be fine? I think the look does matter. Some things gel and some things don't. Flags and magnets on a white limo - not my style I guess.

BTW, I haven't read RWS or Finebaum's comments. I saw the thread, read the first 5 or so posts and posted my reply.

Here's the difference: At Auburn, we rent limousines for coaches to ride in. At Alabama, they buy Escalades for players.

For all of the Bammers, that's just a joke. We all know that Escalades are too easily tracked to be the REC choice of player benefits. Text book exchange systems is much easier to hide.

I actually think this is very cheesy....but funny. Apparently, effort counts for something in this recruiting game. I'm glad that we're making one (an effort).

I don't mind the limo ordeal in general, I just wish they had gotten a better vehicle. It is just that in my opinion this limo itself is cheesy. Not necessarily the idea of having a limo.

I'm for it. The bammers that want to laugh only do so because they're too dumb to realize they'd dub Napoleon a genius for doing the same exact thing.

Yet, in this post...

You do just that for your guy. Comical.

Negative.

So, I'm confused. Does that mean that Napoleon commutes to recruiting visits in a textbook delivery van or does he just upgrade to an armoured truck to make the same points?

The bama coaches would have arrived at the high school with 7 coaches driving 7 SUVs. They would have left with 7 coaches in 6 SUVs. Repeat until you run out of SUVs and take a taxi back to t-town.

Archived