The Tiger Prowl -- Limo and all!

WinCrimson

Discuss.

Be honest. I can only imagine the responses should something like this be going on at Alabama.

Per AU Rivals...

789825.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't see it as any different than any other vehicle on the road. How many vehicles do we see on the road with magnets and flags on fall saturday's. hell, year round now. No different than seeing this on a PT cruiser or anything else, regardless of the team represented. who cares? Personally I'd put at least of the long horizontal magnets under the two inside windows myself.

i don't see it as any different than any other vehicle on the road. How many vehicles do we see on the road with magnets and flags on fall saturday's. hell, year round now. No different than seeing this on a PT cruiser or anything else, regardless of the team represented. who cares? Personally I'd put at least of the long horizontal magnets under the two inside windows myself.

The difference is this vehicle is carrying 7 members of the Auburn coaching staff around Mobile today. They are stopping off at various high schools because today is the first day of the "evaluation period".

Pretty cheesy.... :no:

The idea of all 7 visiting each school is a good thing in my opinion (ie: futher promotion of what seems to be their key recruiting idea = AU is family)....i just think the "theatrics" are a little overboard....

If that limo has 7 coaches in it, then they can probably only fit one recruit at a time in there. Thats not too bad.

Seriously guys? Really? You folks would be shouting from the rooftops if 7 Alabama coaches were driving around Mobile in a limousine going to different high schools. I am sure this will be put into full spin mode, though. Why would you go recruiting in a limousine if you don't plan on showing it off to a recruit?

It's pretty cheesy in my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that I would have loved seeing that back when I was in high school.

My views on things like that have changed in 11 years.

yeah..it really needs some of those shiny, spinning rims as opposed to the stock rims to be impressive........well that might be a little weird also.

Overdone, in my opinion. I've never understood the use of more than 1 flag or maybe 2 magnets. In Birmingham, I promise you I see many uat fans with 2 or 4 flags. That's not classy, neither is the limo above. I mean, 1 flag tells me who you're "for"... I get it. It's like a freakin' BILLY MAYS commercial.

If that limo has 7 coaches in it, then they can probably only fit one recruit at a time in there. Thats not too bad.

Seriously guys? Really? You folks would be shouting from the rooftops if 7 Alabama coaches were driving around Mobile in a limousine going to different high schools. I am sure this will be put into full spin mode, though. Why would you go recruiting in a limousine if you don't plan on showing it off to a recruit?

How is it any different than Saban's arrival at Foley for the spring game in 07'? Same concept.....

I think it is very cheesy, but since the HS Bands won't be playing for their pep rally arrival...they gotta do something to drum up interest I guess.

How is it any different than Saban's arrival at Foley for the spring game in 07'? Same concept.....

There is a huge difference between your story and this one (I'm assuming that its the one about the RV that you guys came up with). In this one, it actually took place. In this one, there is also photographic proof. In this one, there is acknowledgement by AU coaches. In the story you describe, it didn't happen. Its pretty funny that you try to come up with something fictional to try and spin/divert this one out of the park. Well played, sir. There really is no defense to the limo recruiting, so you're going to try your best to skew the subject and turn it in every which direction. I expected nothing less from you.

Oh hey, feel free to post the pics of CNS' arrival at Foley when you get a minute or two. I was there, so maybe I'll see some familiar shots.

There is a huge difference between your story and this one (I'm assuming that its the one about the RV that you guys came up with). In this one, it actually took place. In this one, there is also photographic proof. In this one, there is acknowledgement by AU coaches. In the story you describe, it didn't happen. Its pretty funny that you try to come up with something fictional to try and spin/divert this one out of the park. Well played, sir.

I was referring to the entrance normally saved for royalty; the band playing the UAT fight song, the school having a UAT flag on their flagpole. Same concept as what is going here. Impress HS kids....

there is a pic out there with the UAT flag flying in the background. but i'm sure that was the HS idea.

There is a huge difference between your story and this one (I'm assuming that its the one about the RV that you guys came up with). In this one, it actually took place. In this one, there is also photographic proof. In this one, there is acknowledgement by AU coaches. In the story you describe, it didn't happen. Its pretty funny that you try to come up with something fictional to try and spin/divert this one out of the park. Well played, sir.

I was referring to the entrance normally saved for royalty; the band playing the UAT fight song, the school having a UAT flag on their flagpole. Same concept as what is going here. Impress HS kids....

None of which happened at Foley.

None of which happened at Foley.

BS there is pics out there of the event that floated around. I just don't care enough to look for them.

there is a pic out there with the UAT flag flying in the background. but i'm sure that was the HS idea.

I would love to see it. I was at the sping game, and it didn't happen. Please show me a pic.

I would love to see it. I was at the sping game, and it didn't happen. Please show me a pic.

Was Leroy Jordan & Stabler there to "introduce" him? B)

BS there is pics out there of the event that floated around. I just don't care enough to look for them.

Since you know they are out there, and you know it happened, I'll be waiting on those pictures.

Your memory must be pretty bad. Here is your picture:

432265.jpg

There are more showing the whole spectacle as well. Including Saban arriving with Kenny Stabler, etc. This was just before he "accidentally" bumped into Julio Jones with Kenny and LeeRoy by his side.

432265.jpg

There are more showing the whole spectacle as well. Including Saban arriving with Kenny Stabler, etc.

Apparently, you have never been to Ivan Jones Stadium. That is not the stadium's flagpole.

Apparently, you have never been to Ivan Jones Stadium. That is not the stadium's flagpole.

Never said it was. That is the RV that Saban arrived in. People were comparing Saban's arrival at Foley with the Auburn coaching staff in the limo.

You said Saban never did any such thing. Not only did he arrive in a huge RV with Alabama flags flying high...he arrived with former Alabama stars in tow.

It is cheesy but it will work with a certain type of recruit. Kids who haven't ever had anything but want to be treated like they're special will fall all over this. Not saying good or bad but pretty creative in my opinion. Coach shows up in a LIMO to see you in a bad neighborhood....think about it

432265.jpg

There are more showing the whole spectacle as well. Including Saban arriving with Kenny Stabler, etc.

Is the flag on school grounds? Here’s another pic since you are so interested in it.

789863.jpg

Well, its a completely different scenario. Saban has to show up in a black helicopter with a mask on the back of his head making it look like he's looking the other way when he comes to meet recuits outside of legal times.

I agree, the limo is cheesy.

Archived