The Tiger Prowl -- Limo and all!

WinCrimson

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, if you hear any of the bammers (F'bomb) say that the Coaches changed from the Lincoln Stretch to the Hummer Stretch, because of them, then you should reply with this. They rent the Limos out weeks in advance. Tomorrow will be a different one than today.

This coming from a coach who spoke to Coach Luper yesterday on the tour he said, "Coach you guys need to get a Hummer or Escalade Stretch Limo" to which Luper replied, "The Hummer is tomorrow."

This move is all about getting attention. Attention is good in the world of recruiting. Kind of like how all publicity is good publicity when you are trying to sell something.

If some view it as cheesy, it will cause them to comment on it and therefore draw more attention to Auburn.

And the highschool kids will enjoy seeing their future coaches having a good time "in style".

As far as "there is no defense of the limo recruiting" statement: there is nothing wrong with recruiting in a limo or an RV or a Buick Lesabre or whatever kind of car is used. How do you expect 7 people plus a driver to fit in one car?

Right on point. My initial take was that this was pretty lame, but for 17 & 18 year old kids it makes sense and sounds like there has already been nothing but positive feedback from coaches/students.

It is positive recruiting news in the Media in April. :thumbsup: to the Hummer switch...

If they go to Tuscaloosa tomorrow, will it be a stretch black Trans AM from the 70's? :poke:

I don't think they'll have time to grow the requisite Burt Reynolds 'stache to go with it.

If they go to Tuscaloosa tomorrow, will it be a stretch black Trans AM from the 70's? :poke:

I don't think they'll have time to grow the requisite Burt Reynolds 'stache to go with it.

They will use magic markers. ;)

The new limo for today...

War Damn Eagle!!!!

O193326.jpg

i don't give a damn what the bamzo's think the stretched hummer is AUsome! Bama fans are just pissed they did not think of it first. But then again Auburn is where tradition begins.

Anyone know where you can buy the Auburn bowling shirt? I like em.

My prediction for mode of transportation tomorrow, hovercraft on Lake Martin.

how about a AU helicopter! A orange and blue cobra gunship!

Frankly, I'm sure Coach probably could give a ratz ass what ya'll think.

Thought it was a pretty good digggg.

Hey, these kids are 17 and 18 year olds.

From what I'm seeing, these recruits are loving it, as are the HS Coaches, Principles, Teachers, Admin. Staff members....basically nearly everyone at every school that they Roll to.

I'm still not so big on the idea, but the Hummer is a huge improvement. The cheap, prom night limo was an eyesore. At least a Hummer is a Hummer.

This thread makes me chuckle with the Bama responses on here. They are going on and on about Auburn and a limo while they don't care if Saban bends the rules of recruiting at every turn.

Wonder if they were inspired by this to get a Hummer

I'm always inspired to get a hummer...just sayin'. ;)

(Oh, were you talking about cars? :big: )

Wonder if they were inspired by this to get a Hummer

That made go back and watch the ole "Ed Yay yay yay" song.

still funny.

Scarbinsky likes it...and has a few intriguing barbs in his column as well:

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/0...rs_if_kids.html

Scarbinsky: Roll, Tigers: If kids think that limo's cool, it's cool

Did Curtis Luper fly the Auburn recruiting limo into the catch-fence at Talladega?

Has an Opelika lawyer offered to lease that white stretch Hummer to an Auburn recruit for little down and less a month?

No?

So what's the problem with seven Auburn football coaches piling into a prom wagon and wheeling into high schools around the state during the spring evaluation period?

What's wrong with finding a new way for a new staff to make its presence known on the recruiting trail?

I know.

You think it's cheesy. You think it's undignified. You think it's un-Auburn-like, whatever that means.

OK, tell the truth. You're a middle-aged man, aren't you?

See, that's the real problem here. It's the people who have a real problem with this harmless little publicity stunt.

Showing up in force and in style is about recruiting, and recruiting is about making an impression on teen-age boys.

It's not about middle-aged men.

The real question isn't why Auburn is doing what it's doing this week.

The real question is this:

Why didn't Nick Saban think of that? And wouldn't Alabama fans think it was brilliant if he had?

At a Crimson Caravan stop Tuesday in Memphis, the Alabama coach was asked about the Auburn recruiting limo. He gave a very un-Saban-like answer.

''You know, I'm responsible for what we do," he said. ''How we do it. I don't know a lot about it, and I don't have any knowledge of it. I know how we go about what we do and try to do it the best way we can."

What he meant, in short: ''Why didn't I think of that?"

Think about it.

For more than two years, the Alabama coach has dominated the recruiting conversation in this state, from his cutting-edge use of video conferencing to his alleged abuse of the bump rule, which led to the passage of the Saban Rule, which keeps head coaches off the road this time of year.

By the way, that's why Gene Chizik isn't riding in that limo on this week's Tiger Prowl -- Auburn's name, not mine -- along with his assistants.

He's not trying to avoid embarrassment.

He's trying to avoid a rules violation.

It's no coincidence that, while Saban has dominated the recruiting conversation, Alabama has dominated in-state recruiting.

The new Auburn coaches have been forced to find new and innovative ways to break into that conversation. Given the level of chatter about the limo, they've succeeded.

And adapted.

After they showed up Monday at Mobile-area high schools in a low-slung, old-school white limo, they toured Wiregrass and other south Alabama high schools Tuesday in a white stretch Hummer.

Can't wait to see the sled they rock Thursday around Birmingham.

How about a monster truck? Or would an Army tank be more in keeping with old-fashioned American and Auburn values?

Look, meeting high school coaches, teachers and principals in person to evaluate high school prospects in the spring is an important but routine task. Auburn has put a new twist on it by letting everyone on those high school campuses know that the Tigers are in town.

As recruiting tactics go, better stretching out in a limo than stretching the truth. And better the coaches show up in a sweet ride than the recruits.

Did Curtis Luper fly the Auburn recruiting limo into the catch-fence at Talladega?

Has an Opelika lawyer offered to lease that white stretch Hummer to an Auburn recruit for little down and less a month?

No?

So what's the problem with seven Auburn football coaches piling into a prom wagon and wheeling into high schools around the state during the spring evaluation period?

What's wrong with finding a new way for a new staff to make its presence known on the recruiting trail?

I know.

You think it's cheesy. You think it's undignified. You think it's un-Auburn-like, whatever that means.

See, that's the real problem here. It's the people who have a real problem with this harmless little publicity stunt.

Showing up in force and in style is about recruiting, and recruiting is about making an impression on teen-age boys.

Why didn't Nick Saban think of that? And wouldn't Alabama fans think it was brilliant if he had?

At a Crimson Caravan stop Tuesday in Memphis, the Alabama coach was asked about the Auburn recruiting limo. He gave a very un-Saban-like answer.

''You know, I'm responsible for what we do," he said. ''How we do it. I don't know a lot about it, and I don't have any knowledge of it. I know how we go about what we do and try to do it the best way we can."

Think about it.

For more than two years, the Alabama coach has dominated the recruiting conversation in this state, from his cutting-edge use of video conferencing to his alleged abuse of the bump rule, which led to the passage of the Saban Rule, which keeps head coaches off the road this time of year.

By the way, that's why Gene Chizik isn't riding in that limo on this week's Tiger Prowl -- Auburn's name, not mine -- along with his assistants.

It's no coincidence that, while Saban has dominated the recruiting conversation, Alabama has dominated in-state recruiting.

The new Auburn coaches have been forced to find new and innovative ways to break into that conversation. Given the level of chatter about the limo, they've succeeded.

And adapted.

After they showed up Monday at Mobile-area high schools in a low-slung, old-school white limo, they toured Wiregrass and other south Alabama high schools Tuesday in a white stretch Hummer.

How about a monster truck? Or would an Army tank be more in keeping with old-fashioned American and Auburn values?

Look, meeting high school coaches, teachers and principals in person to evaluate high school prospects in the spring is an important but routine task. Auburn has put a new twist on it by letting everyone on those high school campuses know that the Tigers are in town.

As recruiting tactics go, better stretching out in a limo than stretching the truth. And better the coaches show up in a sweet ride than the recruits.

:o:popcorn:

No?

I know.

Think about it.

And adapted.

:o:popcorn:

Scab seems to be doing a lot of hinting these days...I wonder what he knows???

Call it what you will. It may be corny and all of the above. But one thing for sure, these guy are not going to be MIA like our last staff while Saban takes over the state. I am starting to like our new staff, and particularly Luper.

Being discussed on Around the Horn right now, some like it a lot, some don't.

Bob Ryan says it is a great tactic, while the others think it is cheesy and embarrasing.

Archived