The Tiger Prowl -- Limo and all!

WinCrimson

The bama coaches would have arrived at the high school with 7 coaches driving 7 SUVs. They would have left with 7 coaches in 6 SUVs. Repeat until you run out of SUVs and take a taxi back to t-town.

ahh...what's this....I THINK WE HAVE A BINGO!!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look like they're going bowling.

They are trying to sell themselves (and AU) as a family. It's working.

I'm for it. The bammers that want to laugh only do so because they're too dumb to realize they'd dub Napoleon a genius for doing the same exact thing.

Yet, in this post...

You do just that for your guy. Comical.

Interesting that you extrapolated that data from my statement. Looking back over it, I don't see any inference or allusion to the fact that Chizik is a genius. I did say they are selling Auburn as a family, and that it is working. That's a stark contract to the dictatorship Mein Furher is running over in Turd Town. Try again bammer. Comical.

If that limo has 7 coaches in it, then they can probably only fit one recruit at a time in there. Thats not too bad.

Seriously guys? Really? You folks would be shouting from the rooftops if 7 Alabama coaches were driving around Mobile in a limousine going to different high schools. I am sure this will be put into full spin mode, though. Why would you go recruiting in a limousine if you don't plan on showing it off to a recruit?

If Saban had done it you guys would be screaming that it is the best recruiting tool ever

Negative.

I get embarassed when folks from my own fanbase put 3-4 stickers and a flag on their personal vehicles. At some point, I get the picture......you're an Alabama fan. Thats great, and so am I. I like Alabama just as much, but at some point it just looks trashy. I don't see how a limo should be used as a recruiting tool, unless you are wanting it to say "Hey, come to AU and a limo isn't the only perk you will get!". See where I am coming from? It reeks of Pat Dye.

Only a bammie fan would think that the use of the limo was a 'perk' for a recruit. Hate to break your delusional bubble there, Bubba, but the limo is there to grab a recruit's attention and to show the AU coaches arriving in style. It's not for the recruit. Fascinating -- the bammie fan base is a treasure trove for someone looking for a graduate thesis in psychology.

I'm for it. The bammers that want to laugh only do so because they're too dumb to realize they'd dub Napoleon a genius for doing the same exact thing.

Yet, in this post...

Interesting that you extrapolated that data from my statement. Looking back over it, I don't see any inference or allusion to the fact that Chizik is a genius. I did say they are selling Auburn as a family, and that it is working. That's a stark contract to the dictatorship Mein Furher is running over in Turd Town. Try again bammer. Comical.

Nah. I'm not going to let you weasel out of this one.

The fact is that while you didn't label Chizik a genius, you spoke highly of him while criticizing us should we ever pull the same stunt.

I also now invoke Godwin's law, meaning you lose. And when you speak of Saban as some crazed dictator, remember that it wasn't my coach that introduced himself to his team by tearing his shirt off, undressing them with obscenity, and challenging them to a fight.

Yet, in this post...

Nah. I'm not going to let you weasel out of this one.

The fact is that while you didn't label Chizik a genius, you spoke highly of him while criticizing us should we ever pull the same stunt.

I also now invoke Godwin's law, meaning you lose. And when you speak of Saban as some crazed dictator, remember that it wasn't my coach that introduced himself to his team by tearing his shirt off, undressing them with obscenity, and challenging them to a fight.

Fortunately, for you, revisionist history is a strong bammer trait. You are quite good at trying to state things as fact that didn't actually happen. Unforunately for you, I am not going to let you weasel out of this one.

Silly bammer, please reread my post. I criticized your hypocritical nature as fans--not your recruiting tactics. I hate to play the reading comprehension card, but I feel like you're not even reading my posts because you're so busy formulating your come back. Typical.

If you believe that last part of fiction, you're not playing with a full deck and this conversation needs to end.

Wish they would have chosen a better looking limo too.. but I don't have a problem with them using that. Are they suppose to take like 3-5 different cars or what? I think the limo allows the coaches to appear as one.. rather than them all showing in different cars.

I am with Southlink though.. if it helps recruiting... Then YES!.... but if not, then get the hell out.

:hail::hail::hail:

Puff your chest. You got me. Dude, I completely and totally misread your statement. I see what you're saying. I disagree with it because I feel that most Alabama fans would be strongly against this for their program, as are many Auburn fans. But I do now understand your point.

And I was an ass in the process. Apology extended. I feel like I owe you a beer. ;)

hard to argue with results...so far this coaching staff is blowing the recruiting out of the water. i say we all just stfu and let them bring in the 4/5 stars in whatever vehicle they choose...

hard to argue with results...so far this coaching staff is blowing the recruiting out of the water. i say we all just stfu and let them bring in the 4/5 stars in whatever vehicle they choose...

That raises my eyebrows a bit. How do you see them "blowing the recruiting out of the water?"

:hail::hail::hail:

Puff your chest. You got me. Dude, I completely and totally misread your statement. I see what you're saying. I disagree with it because I feel that most Alabama fans would be strongly against this for their program, as are many Auburn fans. But I do now understand your point.

And I was an ass in the process. Apology extended. I feel like I owe you a beer. ;)

Apology accepted. You may have been a slight ass, but you're no RWS.

That raises my eyebrows a bit. How do you see them "blowing the recruiting out of the water?"

Put your eyebrows back down. Remember that our optimism and enthusiasm is relative to the lack of optimism and enthusiasm we had for the last staff's recent recruiting efforts. At this point, we're happy to see that we're getting a serious look from a number of recruits who would otherwise have never even sniffed in our direction.

Having said that, I'm interested to see the head-to-head recruiting results this year. I guarantee you that it will be slightly better than the 0-for-15 effort TT put together.

Of course the limo is cheesy. The entire recruiting game is cheesy, so it fits right in.

These guys are paid a lot of money to know what they are doing and to get a job done. If a limo works, then use it.

The squirming bamzos made this thread worth reading. Thanks for the laughs!

I'm pretty sure they are going after bowling team prospects anyway.

2009AU_limo3.jpg

Cheese factor = high.

I concede this point...the shirts bother me a lot more than the limo! :puke:

2009AU_limo3.jpg

Cheese factor = high.

it's working from reading the HS coaches and recruits comments about it.

Ted Roof is the coolest guy in that pic. B)

2009AU_limo3.jpg

Cheese factor = high.

So...he didn't get the memo?

2009AU_limo3.jpg

Cheese factor = high.

No, he's the DD.

I would have thought this was the worst idea ever... until I heard about that crap that Kiffin and Orgeron pulled up at UT. THAT was the worst idea ever... except it worked. Those kids loved it.

That made me realize that I have no idea what appeals to these kids. So if Gene Chizik, Nick Saban or Mark Richt want to put on a Speedo in their school's colors and jump up and down on a trampoline outside of Superrecruit Smith's homeroom all morning, then let them, if that's what works.

And folks, let's be honest. It's not like recruiting is a dignified pursuit to begin w/. At the end of the day, it's all just grown men begging from children.

2009AU_limo3.jpg

Cheese factor = high.

No, he's the DD.

All I can think is "Hey...this guy won't wear the ribbon!!!"

Archived