ESPN on Dyer

l1tay2

• 2 weeks later...

In a TigerBait story today, Dyer listed Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU as his current favorites. Obviously, I think there is absolutely no chance he ends up at UA. Alot of talk on message boards has him staying in-state at Arkansas. Do you guys still think AU is in the picture, or has the Seastrunk/Lattimore praise of Auburn scared him away?

I heard about this. Just a week or two ago he was talking about how happy he was to see Malzahn had visited his school. What gives?

I'm sure there is enormous pressure to stay in-state. Plus, if you take what Seastrunk and Lattimore said to heart, it may have scared him off as well. I'm sure you guys will get at least one out of the Seastrunk/Lattimore duo, and Dyer is probably thinking along those lines too.

Regarding subject of this thread, note date, two weeks ago tomorrow:

Dyer is high on Auburn

Thursday, May 7, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by JC Shurburtt

Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn made a good impression on Under Armour All-American running back Michael Dyer (Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Christian) simply by showing up at his school, according to ESPN affiliate AuburnUndercover.com.

"It meant a lot to me and showed me that he cares," Dyer said.

He went on to praise the Tigers program. Auburn is believed to be in excellent shape with the talented back at this point.

He's not the only out-of-state running back the Tigers are in good shape with. Lache Seastrunk (Temple, Texas/Temple) and Marcus Lattimore (Duncan, S.C./James F. Byrnes) also are believed to have Auburn currently at the top of their list.

Auburn is also the latest to offer Class of 2011 linebacker A.J. Johnson (Gainesville, Ga./ Gainesville). The Tigers join Ole Miss and several others who have jumped in early with an offer for the 6-foot-3, 218-pounder, who could end up at defensive end at the next level. The offer is only verbal because rising juniors cannot receiver written scholarship offers until Sept. 1 of their junior seasons.

In a TigerBait story today, Dyer listed Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU as his current favorites. Obviously, I think there is absolutely no chance he ends up at UA. Alot of talk on message boards has him staying in-state at Arkansas. Do you guys still think AU is in the picture, or has the Seastrunk/Lattimore praise of Auburn scared him away?

I'm not saying we get Dyer, but remember two things.

1. I read where he mentioned he is still camping at AU this summer

2. That was an article on TigerBait and not a direct quote, from what I remember.

We're in the same shape with Dyer we were two weeks ago. I think w/out Lache and Marcus in the picture, it'd be 50/50 between us and Arkansas. With those two in the picture, it will be hard for him to say no to Bobby Petrino.

Dyer is high on Auburn

Posted by JC Shurburtt

Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn made a good impression on Under Armour All-American running back Michael Dyer (Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Christian) simply by showing up at his school, according to ESPN affiliate AuburnUndercover.com.

He went on to praise the Tigers program. Auburn is believed to be in excellent shape with the talented back at this point.

He's not the only out-of-state running back the Tigers are in good shape with. Lache Seastrunk (Temple, Texas/Temple) and Marcus Lattimore (Duncan, S.C./James F. Byrnes) also are believed to have Auburn currently at the top of their list.

Auburn is also the latest to offer Class of 2011 linebacker A.J. Johnson (Gainesville, Ga./ Gainesville). The Tigers join Ole Miss and several others who have jumped in early with an offer for the 6-foot-3, 218-pounder, who could end up at defensive end at the next level. The offer is only verbal because rising juniors cannot receiver written scholarship offers until Sept. 1 of their junior seasons.

Regarding the subject of this thread, note date, today:

May 20, 2009

LSU pays visit to Dyer

William Weathers

TigerBait.com

Anticipated camp stops include LSU, Notre Dame, Auburn and Tennessee for Dyer who said if he were to name his favorites right now Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU would be at the head of the class.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=947877

That was the basis of my posts. I'm going to go with information from today over information from two weeks ago tomorrow.

Dyer is high on Auburn

Posted by JC Shurburtt

May 20, 2009

LSU pays visit to Dyer

William Weathers

TigerBait.com

Anticipated camp stops include LSU, Notre Dame, Auburn and Tennessee for Dyer who said if he were to name his favorites right now Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas and LSU would be at the head of the class.

That was the basis of my posts. I'm going to go with information from today over information from two weeks ago tomorrow.

My point was that May 7th was almost two weeks ago and things change quickly in recruiting. That was the reason that I noted and bolded May 7th.

BTW, the subject of this thread is "ESPN on Dyer", not "TigerBait.com on Dyer".

Dyer is high on Auburn

Posted by JC Shurburtt

May 20, 2009

LSU pays visit to Dyer

William Weathers

TigerBait.com

Information today has him still camping at Auburn.

Archived