Auburn v Virginia Mon 7pm

BZ770

I'm tempted to watch this game but I have seen enough piss poor shooting by Auburn over the past few seasons to last me a lifetime.

I'm tempted to watch this game but I have seen enough piss poor shooting by Auburn over the past few seasons to last me a lifetime.

I have a gut feeling watching this game will be the equivolent of the 2008 Offense of Tony Franklin. It's just not going to come together, but no matter what I'll still support the Tigers. We can only hope that the SEC is weak this year, and we may have a chance.

The classic Lebo fade is happening-- up by eight, instead of taking higher percentage shots to keep the other team out of reach, nothing but threes as if they are behind by eight.

and missing free throws. But I was thinking the same thing, what was up with all of the 3 point shots? Questionable call there, but most likely correct. Let's hope Virginia is as good at FT shooting as Auburn here at the end.

Dude, they won. I'm happy.

I think he typed too early, cuz his post disappeared.

I'll take any victory.

I was following on ESPN gamecast that first had VA 67-66 as a final-- I still only feel slightly better, though. We have to learn how to put teams away. This game ended with a series of bad choices.

I don't know how we won this one. We were outplayed 75% of the game. Knox's rebound with 20 something seconds left should have sealed it if he would have kicked it out. We were up by 2 and we could have played keep away for at least a few seconds instead he holds it in the lane and gets stolen they run the floor and we fould them on the three and they make all 3 FT's and knox puts the tip in with 1.4 secs left. Amazing game, but we still have lots of work to do. Nice win.

Whew! Nice win. I thought we played a good second half, until there were about three minutes left and we completely squandered that eight point lead. As others have said, we made some bad choices there at the end (shooting quick threes instead of eating clock and going for high percentage shots to keep the lead and bleed the clock) and the foul on the three point attempt was ridiculous. Still, we beat an ACC team with a bit of a "name"! Good job guys! War Eagle!!

This will make the rest of this week at work much more bearable. War Eagle!

Talk about yanking one back at the last minute! WHEW!

War Eagle!

Archived