Namath's daughter arrrested for drugs

Shug2003

MIAMI,Fla- Olivia Namath, 19, the daughter of NFL legendary Quarterback Joe Namath, was arrested by Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy on this morning for marijuana possession with the the intent to sell.

The Deputy pulled over Namath after he caught her speeding in her silver Mercedes,near Jupiter, Fla. When he asked for Namath's driver's license, he immediately smelled marijuana, according to the police report. He asked Namath and two passengers to exit the vehicle while he searched it for drugs. The deputy found a bag of pot in the driver's floor board, and when he checked the trunk he found a collection of small bags of marijuana, which all together weighed over 200 grams. The search of the teenager's trunk also turned up an open bottle of Captain Morgan's rum, and 11 cans of beer.

Namath denied knowing anything about the marijuana in the car, but when asked if

anyone else had access to her trunk ,she said no. She then refused to answer any more questions.

Namath was officially arrested for possession of marijuana under 20 grams, possession of alcohol by a minor, and possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

That is a very good and informative video. A few years ago when I was at UNA for my masters, I went out for drinks with a couple of friends. On the way home I got pulled over for speeding. 3 of the people I had been out with just happened to of been lawyers, and we had just talked about what you should/shouldn't do. Here is what I did when pulled over...... I barely rolled down my window. Handed the officer my registration and license, and refused to answer ANY QUESTIONS. When asked to get out of the car, I did so. When asked to submit to a physical sobriety test, I shook my head no (if you've been drinking, probably best to talk as little as possible). When asked to blow in the breathalyzer, again I shook my head no. This automatically earns you a trip to jail in Alabama, and I think in most states, however, you are on a trip to jail with virtually ZERO EVIDENCE that you have commited a crime. When in jail, the officers/officers repeatedly tried to get me to talk to them and consent to another breath test.... Again, I refused. I called one of my lawyer friends (a young one, not even one of those high priced specialty lawyers), spent the night in jail, and when court came around my charges were dropped minus one speeding ticket. I'm not advocating for drinking and driving by any means, and we all know the dangers of it.... However, we've all been or will be in a situation where we have a drink or two and end up driving home on or on, or b/c we are the "soberist" one out of our group of friends......

Archived