That AU-Clemson game was one of the most exciting baseball games I have ever seen

Guest tigerman11

Guest tigerman11

All I can say is WOW! The only other baseball game I can recall on the same level was game 6 of the NL division finals in 1991 featuring the Atlanta Braves. I remember Sid Bream sliding into home for the game winner and I went nuts.

The other baseball game that would come close to this was the one that Rod Brammlett referenced in the calling of simpsons homer. The david ross home run in tallahasse against FSU in 1997. I was there, and that was absolutely INCREDIBLE. If you don't know that story, it was bottom of the 9th for Auburn. Tigers had 2 runners on and had already plated a run in the inning. FSU still lead the game 7-5. I don't remember the count on ross, but I do know Ross was down to his final strike. Pitch comes and ross (BARELY TIPPED) the ball to foul it off at the plate. FSU thought he had struck out and the place went nuts and players flooded from the dugout, only to have the home plate umpire call it a foul ball. The next pitch was belt high and ROSS crushed it over the wall in left for a walk off 3 run homer. Auburn won 8-7. Auburn went on to eliminate FSU on sunday and win the regional to advance to the College World Series that year. It, too, was unbelievable.

The other baseball game that would come close to this was the one that Rod Brammlett referenced in the calling of simpsons homer. The david ross home run in tallahasse against FSU in 1997. I was there, and that was absolutely INCREDIBLE. If you don't know that story, it was bottom of the 9th for Auburn. Tigers had 2 runners on and had already plated a run in the inning. FSU still lead the game 7-5. I don't remember the count on ross, but I do know Ross was down to his final strike. Pitch comes and ross (BARELY TIPPED) the ball to foul it off at the plate. FSU thought he had struck out and the place went nuts and players flooded from the dugout, only to have the home plate umpire call it a foul ball. The next pitch was belt high and ROSS crushed it over the wall in left for a walk off 3 run homer. Auburn won 8-7. Auburn went on to eliminate FSU on sunday and win the regional to advance to the College World Series that year. It, too, was unbelievable.

That was my senior year at Auburn. I was listening to it on the radio. What a great game.

Good luck tonight, Tigers (Auburn kind)!

Archived