Media's perception of our win...

Ryan Sanders

Already heard it on ABC during halftime.. faintly in the background "But they allowed 31 points!"

I already can tell that when Oregon beats USC, it will become the best win in history of football. USC is not that good. They got ROMPED by Cal. Even though Oregon will probably allow over 30 points against USC - we allow 31 to Ole Miss and it will be turned negative. No matter if we had backups in at the end or not.

Already heard it on ABC during halftime.. faintly in the background "But they allowed 31 points!"

I already can tell that when Oregon beats USC, it will become the best win in history of football. USC is not that good. They got ROMPED by Cal. Even though Oregon will probably allow over 30 points against USC - we allow 31 to Ole Miss and it will be turned negative. No matter if we had backups in at the end or not.

CGC called off the dogs on O as well it could/should have been worse on that side as well, but if you look at the box score that is what you get. Whatever, we gave up 14 in the 4th with backups in.

Who cares what the media thinks. We actually don't need them this time - Win out and we play for the title. Thank the media for helping to keep our team humble and focused.

That was by Jesse Palmer, stupid gaytor. OU is the media darling right now, ONLY b/c of their offense. I don't care how much talk they get we'll get the love from the computers in BCS rankings. Their D is not any better than ours.

I heard it too and you are probably right but it shouldn't matter if we win out. The media isn't going to drop us so low that the computers will leave us out of the top 2 in the BCS. I was worried we wouldnt get to the top two but now that we are there we just have to win. If we beat number 2 or even if somehow we drop to #2 and beat number one we'll be the Champs.

If we lose, we won't be. If we get to the BCS championship and lose the the media will say, "told you so."

Who cares what the media thinks. We actually don't need them this time - Win out and we play for the title. Thank the media for helping to keep our team humble and focused.

What he said.

By the way, did ya'll here Chip Kelly's interview before half? He came off sounding like an ass.

What he said.

By the way, did ya'll here Chip Kelly's interview before half? He came off sounding like an ass.

I heard it. Very, very cocky!!!!

Jesse Palmer is an idiot homer!! He had the nerve to say the SEC is down this year. WHY?!?!? Cause the Gay-tors SUCK!!!! IS that why. He just assumes Bama is gonna beat us too. I cant wait for the iron bowl. WE are gonna OWN Bama. Then what? Does it make the SEC west "down" - despite having 5 of its 6 teams in the top 25?!?!??! What an a-hole. I hate stupid media dip-***s like Palmer who think they know it all cause they played. Their biases are so evident its ridiculous. They're the ones who have this whole ranking system all screwed up cause of their idiotic pre-season picks; they are all incapable of having a pre-season top 25 thats any different from the final top 25 of the previous season!! He's the same type that will preach the SEC is down if Bama or Florida aren't winning it. Cant wait till we win the national championship so they all have to eat crow.

Further proof that the media is full of a bunch of biased idiots; where is Denard Robinson now??? Gettin his butt whipped by a mediocre Penn St team. Yeah - lets just give him the heisman like they were all suggesting 4 games into the season. :rolleyes:

I could care less what anyone on TV says. Cam's going to win the Heisman, and the only way we miss out on a title shot (in the SEC or nationally) is by losing. We're the best offensive team in the country, and I've seen a few positives on defense. Fairley is obvious. Ole Miss basically set their entire scheme on avoiding him. I haven't seen that in the SEC since maybe Glen Dorsey. Demond Washington is starting to look like a legit CB1. Bynes is solid, and he keeps everyone together even when things are going wrong. The defense is not good, but they are getting better. And they're playing their part on a winning team.

That was by Jesse Palmer, stupid gaytor. OU is the media darling right now, ONLY b/c of their offense. I don't care how much talk they get we'll get the love from the computers in BCS rankings. Their D is not any better than ours.

Hey, Jesse! The Gators allowed 31 today, too. And almost got beat doing it. See the difference?

What he said.

WHat did Kelly have to say? I missed it.

Hey, Jesse! The Gators allowed 31 today, too. And almost got beat doing it. See the difference?

TT = Captain Obvious!

What he said.

WHat did Kelly have to say? I missed it.

Girl asked about the fumble by OU QB at end of the half. He blew it off saying he's not worried about it, he's great, blah, blah. I don't remember specifics

anybody still saying who cares what the media thinks cannot understand how the BCS nat'l championship is won. There are many MANY scenarios where we win out and don't get into the top 2, some of them not unlikely.

anybody still saying who cares what the media thinks cannot understand how the BCS nat'l championship is won. There are many MANY scenarios where we win out and don't get into the top 2, some of them not unlikely.

Except AUBURN still has a game left against a Top 10 team (Bama) and then the SECC game. If AU wins out they go. No matter what Bosie, Oregon, Utah or TCU does.

Jesse Palmer is living proof of the old adage 'a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing'.

There are many MANY scenarios where we win out and don't get into the top 2, some of them not unlikely.

No, there are not. Boise cannot pass us without us losing.

True story. We'll be number one in the computers if we win out. There's nothing any voter can do about that. Even if we dropped to fourth (which we won't), we'd still be in the Top 2. Boise is closer to falling below TCU than they are to overtaking Oregon... and we're a long way ahead of Oregon.

Jesse Palmer is an idiot homer!! He had the nerve to say the SEC is down this year. WHY?!?!? Cause the Gay-tors SUCK!!!! IS that why. He just assumes Bama is gonna beat us too. I cant wait for the iron bowl. WE are gonna OWN Bama. Then what? Does it make the SEC west "down" - despite having 5 of its 6 teams in the top 25?!?!??! What an a-hole. I hate stupid media dip-***s like Palmer who think they know it all cause they played. Their biases are so evident its ridiculous. They're the ones who have this whole ranking system all screwed up cause of their idiotic pre-season picks; they are all incapable of having a pre-season top 25 thats any different from the final top 25 of the previous season!! He's the same type that will preach the SEC is down if Bama or Florida aren't winning it. Cant wait till we win the national championship so they all have to eat crow.

God deliver me from whatever spitting diatribe Thenator Lou Holsth says.

Absolutely, unequivocally not true. AU wins out, winning the SECCG. We will continue to stay at #1. When we whip bama's butt, we'll jump Boise in the human polls. I would love for you to expound on the many scenarios you think there are?

Absolutely, unequivocally not true. AU wins out, winning the SECCG. We will continue to stay at #1. When we whip bama's butt, we'll jump Boise in the human polls. I would love for you to expound on the many scenarios you think there are?

I agree - most people [media] are writing us off assuming we will lose to Bama anyway. I think a Bama win vaults us to #1 in all polls.

I agree - most people [media] are writing us off assuming we will lose to Bama anyway. I think a Bama win vaults us to #1 in all polls.

Gotta take care of Ut-Chat and then UGA, then bama. Just keep winning!

Archived