Pro Bowl

AUTigers94

Does anyone here even watch the Pro Bowl? It seems pointless to me. The only reason I would go would be to see some future hall of fame-ers, but I wouldn't get to see them try at all. They always hold back, I do not blame them, and make the game lackluster to say the least.

The reason I post this so early is because one of the RSS feeds of a sports writer I like had this article included: http://goo.gl/FNC90

What are your thoughts on the Pro Bowl?

I can't watch the pro bowl for the simple above stated reason. If I wanted to see some overpaid guys give 50% effort, I'd go back to work for the US government, I'm just sayin'...

I used to watch the Pro Bowl as a kid in the '70s, mainly because you just didn't get to see as much football back then.

The Pro Bowl used to be worth watching for a couple of reasons. One, since the players didn't make as much back then, the winner's share was a much more noticeable addition to a player's income than it is now, so they played hard and cared about winning. Two, and this sort of ties with #1, it seemed to me that there was more of a sense of conference pride back then, mainly because players weren't going from team to team and conference to conference nearly as much because there was no free agency, and they wanted to beat the guys from the other league.

I can't remember the last time I watched even a little bit of a Pro Bowl. They're moving it to the week before the Super Bowl this year to try to help viewership...it might help a little, who knows.

All-Star games across all sports could vanish and I wouldn't miss them. Just name an All-NFL/All-MLB/All-NBA team at the end of the season and be done with it.

Archived