AU baseball

Practice started Friday Jan 28

Auburn is ranked No. 23 in the 2011 USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 baseball coaches' preseason poll.

link

Last year they won the SEC West, finished 43-21 overall and 20-10 in SEC. They hosted an NCAA Regional.

link

There are some holes to fill, Hunter Morris (SEC Player of the Year), Trent Mummey and Brian Fletcher and catcher Ryan Jenkins. Also eight pitchers are gone from last year’s team.

What do you think, another good year? Better? Worse?

I think its going to be a good year. Coach will get the most out of this team Im sure.

I think it could be a solid year. He has worked hard on the young guys and there will be some new faces out there that could grow into leaders. The new bat will be the big difference from last year....HR's will be at a premium with the new bat they are using this year. A lot less "ping" and more base hits.

I firmly believe the new 'dead' bats will be a big benefit to Auburn. There were times last year when Coach P. clearly was a fish out of water with all those big hitters. He basically spent the season playing small ball with a team of mashers. There was one time I clearly remember when we had runners on 1st and 2nd, nobody out and he had a .400 hitter bunt with another .400 hitter in the on deck circle. This year one run will be a lot bigger deal than it was last year, and our coach is a one run coach.

This season most of the sluggers are gone, the bats are dead and I do believe all this will benefit his style of coaching. I think we'll do well.

Does anybody know where I can find Auburn's all-time W/L records in baseball vs other colleges (like there is for all colleges in football)? Thanks

Does anybody know where I can find Auburn's all-time W/L records in baseball vs other colleges (like there is for all colleges in football)? Thanks

Here's a link to the history sections of last year's media guide. They haven't posted the one from this season yet. Also I found a link to last season's schedule and results. The break down vs. each opponent is on page 4 of part 2. It looks as if they don't have all the data from some of the earlier years but have everything since 1949.

History Part 1

History Part 2

2010 Schedule & Results

Archived