National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships

33gles

So, as a local, I'm helping with the discgolfplanet.tv live broadcast of the event, and I'm disappointed to note that with 3 teams from the state of Alabama, Auburn isn't one. I know we've got to have enough players on campus. I'm also sad to say that Alabama took the GUTS competition championship in tonight's action. I had to sit there, sad and lonely, with the only Auburn hat in the facility, and watch teams from all around the country cheer their final match.

Since it isn't football, I wasn't too heartbroken, and honestly, these are a great bunch of students in this weekend's competition, over 200 players in all.

Hopefully we'll field a team in the coming years, so I can have a real favorite to pull for! In the meanwhile, if you're interested in disc golf at all, feel free to watch the free live streams tomorrow and the Championship round on Sunday at discgolfplanet.tv. I'm stoked at the growth of the sport, and getting to help broadcast it only makes it that much cooler.

-David Rose

I got into disc golf alittle over a year ago. I really enjoy playing as a hobby. It's much more challenging than anyone can believe. I am not aware of the disc golf courses around Auburn. I live in Mobile and there are some fine courses with South Alabama's course probably my favorite. Maybe Auburn can field a team in the future.

I have the sad duty to inform you all that not only did Alabama win the GUTS competition, but Oregon won the team competition over last year's champions Augusta State.

A great weekend event though. 208 players in the field from a massive selection of schools from all over the country.

• 10 months later...

So, I don't mean to bump an old thread. But if anybody on here is a student and wants to work on fielding a team in the coming years, I am down. I have been playing for two years now. The closest course I know of is in Columbus, GA. But I talked to the guys at Chewacla and they said they were working on getting one there.

Archived