Patrick Miller

RunInRed

Big Cat III attendee, one to watch...

230.jpg

Patrick Miller, OT

West Palm Beach, FL

6'7 / 275

Offers:

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Notre Dame, Rutgers and South Carolina, among others.

247Sports (the247 -- 133)

ESPN 4*

Rivals (Rivals250 -- 218)

Scout 4*

Patrick Miller says he can bench 350-pounds, squat 500 and has a 30-inch vertical jump.

Miller: “I want to get faster and improve my technique.”

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5285118

Highlights:

66367_167980913214168_100000067826981_576605_88513_n.jpg

dwyer.jpg

J. Gwendolynne Berry/The Palm Beach Post photo

• 3 months later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Snicker.....love it. He's filled out a good bit as well.....

Nothing fishy here. The kid really liked Auburn, the small town, and Coach Grimes.

Sounds like this was Latu's replacement?

I don't think so. Auburn was recruiting Miller very hard before Miller committed to LSU. If anything, the timing sounds like Latu was originally a replacement for Miller.

I think the LSU twitter is bogus information. There is no such thing as "room for a mid-term enrollee". He will count against the 25 limit whether he enrolls at mid term or signs in February and starts school whenever. See Auburn's Mitchell, Pike and Calloway for further information. A school could, in theory, enroll all 25 guys early if they had the grades.

In any case we needed another top O-line prospect in this class and Miller is a great fit. :cheer:

Sounds like this was Latu's replacement?

I don't think so. Auburn was recruiting Miller very hard before Miller committed to LSU. If anything, the timing sounds like Latu was originally a replacement for Miller.

I think the LSU twitter is bogus information. There is no such thing as "room for a mid-term enrollee". He will count against the 25 limit whether he enrolls at mid term or signs in February and starts school whenever. See Auburn's Mitchell, Pike and Calloway for further information. A school could, in theory, enroll all 25 guys early if they had the grades.

In any case we needed another top O-line prospect in this class and Miller is a great fit. :cheer:

I agree. I'll admit I'm in the dark on a lot of recruiting information. It just sounded like we turned up the heat when we realized Latu was not going to make it in by this Spring and this guy was. But I guess not. Either way, I'll take it! WDE.

I think he's going to be a very good OL and enrolling early will only benefit his development. Whatever the reasons, I don't care how AU got him just glad he is here.

I think the LSU twitter is bogus information. There is no such thing as "room for a mid-term enrollee". He will count against the 25 limit whether he enrolls at mid term or signs in February and starts school whenever.

Its not a case about the 25-limit; it is about LSU's 85-man roster limit. They can only take 6 early enrollments with respect to who they have on track to graduate. Scholarship rules are boring as s*** for me to follow; but I buy it. Miller wasn't wavering from his LSU commitment at all; and when a kid completely out of the blue not only switches over but immediately enrolls at a new school it strongly suggests that he didn't just randomly change his mind. The reality is that LSU was 1A and we were 1B when he committed to them; thus when he found out that he'd be able to enroll right away at Auburn while LSU wanted him to wait until the summer he didn't hesitate to switch to Auburn (who he was heavily leaning to for a long time before LSU crept up).

Unless the rules have been changed, they count the 85 scholarship number once a year, at the beginning of fall classes. Thus it doesn't matter how many enroll early or how many enroll before seniors graduate, as long as the seniors are gone by late August.

Now, I will entertain the idea that LSU got commitments from other players they thought more of and told Miller to look elsewhere so they could clear a spot on their 25 man annual limit.

O/U on time before Schad, Evans or Thamel claim AU is cheating again?

We've got to do something with Dyer's cut and all the cash we'd saved up for Yeldon.

Either way Welcome to the Auburn Family and WAR EAGLE!

I work with an LSU grad and he told me that Jarret Lee was supposed to graduate last semester, which would open up the spot on the 85 limit for him, but he didn't so they didn't have room

Hmm... Was Lee academically eligible for the big game? He hasn't played in the last 3 games.

Archived