Beat Bammer!

The first game starts tonight at 7:00 pm and is to be televised on Fox Sports South. Saturday's game is at 3:00 pm and will be shown on CSS. There is no TV scheduled for Sunday's 1:00 pm game.

War Eagle, Kick 'em in the Butt three times Big Blue!

Homerun for AU in top of third (I missed name because I am writing my paper at the same time as watching). Top of the third is still underway.

homerun was hit to right center field and by Ryan Tella.

Homerun for AU in top of third (I missed name because I am writing my paper at the same time as watching). Top of the third is still underway.

homerun was hit to right center field and by Ryan Tella.

Thanks WT. If you want, I will let you take the updates from here on out. I am going to work on my paper. War Eagle.

uat should have never scored those 5 runs either. It all started with 2 outs in the inning and the bases empty. Granted Auburn had several chances to get batters out prior to the homerun, but it started when the home plate umpire ruled a hit batter. The ball clearly hit the knob of the bat and should have been a foul ball.

Meanwhile, Auburn has continued to climb back in it. Down 7-2, they now trail 7-6 and have runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Auburn has 2 homeruns in the inning and 3 for the game. Both homers in the 5th were hit to left field and absolutely crushed.

uat should have never scored those 5 runs either. It all started with 2 outs in the inning and the bases empty. Granted Auburn had several chances to get batters out prior to the homerun, but it started when the home plate umpire ruled a hit batter. The ball clearly hit the knob of the bat and should have been a foul ball.

Meanwhile, Auburn has continued to climb back in it. Down 7-2, they now trail 7-6 and have runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Auburn has 2 homeruns in the inning and 3 for the game. Both homers in the 5th were hit to left field and absolutely crushed.

Agreed about the hit batter thing. I have never heard somebody get hit on the hand and have a noise that loud. Leave a runner on going to bottom of the fifth 6-7 uat

Just got a very questionable double play call against us. Looked like Tella was safe at first (by a bunch) and that ended the inning. If he had been called safe, it would be a tie ball game.

Just got a very questionable double play call against us. Looked like Tella was safe at first (by a bunch) and that ended the inning. If he had been called safe, it would be a tie ball game.

he was definitely safe at first....but I fault the 3rd base coach on the single earlier. Glevenyak should have scored on that single.

Auburn loses 10 - 6. We have 16 hits but strand 9 or 10 base runners. I agree with War Tiger send Yak on the single.

How to lose a game: Walk or hit the number 7, 8 & 9 batters in the lineup, bringing up one of the league's best clutch hitters with the bases loaded. (That's what allowed bammer's 8th inning outburst) Then for good measure leave ten runners stranded. To ice the cake, get one of your guys picked off first with a runner on second! C'mon, anybody can get picked off, it happens all the time. However, a high school freshman shouldn't get picked off first with a runner on 2nd! Son, just where did you think you were going? Gonna' steal with that guy already on second base?

Also...when our batters step out of the box, check a sequence of numbers and then read some code on their wrist, does anybody else get the same sick feeling in their stomach we all got looking at the Tony Franklin "Meercat Offense" our 2008 football team used to run?

Anyway, UAT didn't do a whole lot to win tonight's game, Auburn did a bunch of things to lose it. It's things like what happened tonight, happening over and over, game after game and season after season that make me question if this program is really headed in the right direction.

Archived