Goodwin Trial

McWeagle

Had Dyer struck a deal, plea or otherwise, it would be part of the public record.

There is nothing, I repeat, nothing, for them to charge Dyer with. Lending someone a gun and advising them to not use it in a robbery is, legally, miles away from being an accessory. I've heard people discuss shooting various presidents over the past decades. If I lend one of them a gun and he shoots a president am I an accessory? Not even close.

I wish the US Attorney's would look at the girl that purchased the gun. That stuff happens WAY more than it should.

Goodwin Found Guilty of 1st Degree Robbery - My link

Now it is looking like a very very good thing that Dyer left auburn last december. Just change all those references from "former auburn running back Michael Dyer" to "auburn's star running back Michael dyer", and the national sports media would have been all over these trials.

I wish the US Attorney's would look at the girl that purchased the gun. That stuff happens WAY more than it should.

Why? She did nothing wrong.

If she purchased the gun for Mike and lied on her paperwork that it was indeed for her she most certainly did something wrong. VERY WRONG.

If she purchased the gun for Mike and lied on her paperwork that it was indeed for her she most certainly did something wrong. VERY WRONG.

Legally, the gun was and is still hers. It's not illegal to loan a gun to a friend. There is nothing a prosecutor could possibly charge her or Mike Dyer with.

Legally, the gun was and is still hers. It's not illegal to loan a gun to a friend. There is nothing a prosecutor could possibly charge her or Mike Dyer with.

I bet with a little pressure she would admit to purchasing it FOR Dyer. It is indeed a federal crime to purchase a handgun with the sole purpose of passing it off to someone else. But, what ever, have it your way. I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :lol:

I bet with a little pressure she would admit to purchasing it FOR Dyer. It is indeed a federal crime to purchase a handgun with the sole purpose of passing it off to someone else. But, what ever, have it your way. I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. :lol:

The Feds have bigger fish or at least more popular targets to go after than college students. If the crime committed with the gun had been a federal crime they might have gone after her if only to get her to testify.

See, the problem is there is no way to prove, legally, that she purchased the gun for Dyer. Having no such proof, there is no charge to bring.

You have to think like a defense lawyer might think and with no absolute proof that the gun was purchased for Dyer, there is no case to prosecute. She simply bought a gun and then loaned it to somebody. She has not done anything illegal.

PS: As to putting pressure on her, the minute she says: "I want a lawyer" that game is over. Lawyer says "Charge her with something or we are leaving" and all the cops could do is watch them walk out. Bringing her in would be a waste of time and the police know this.

It's probable that the gun was located in "their" living quarters. How did it become Dyer's gun when it was located in her house? There's simply no way to get her in trouble over this.

What an interesting week. You have one young man who had to fight for his life get released by the docs to participate again. Great story. Then you have a young man who had his health and tons of promise found guilty for 1st degree robbery and will neve set foot on the field again. Anyone else think about this?

When keeping it real goes wrong...

Mike Dyer testifies his gun was used in alleged armed robbery. Says he tried to talk Antonio Goodwin out of robbery.

DeAngelo Benton testified that Dyer, Mosley, Goodwin and Kitchens were drinking, smoking spice at Benton's home on night of robbery.

Benton testifies that Goodwin vomited over toilet, bathroom on night of robbery after smoking "spice."

Dyer had several testy exchanges with prosecutor. During break, sighed heavily, made "pffft" sound, laughed, shook head.

Dyer said group at Benton's house talked of "hitting a lick," or going on robbery. Mosley asked for gun initially. Goodwin eventually got it

Benton said he previously had hallucinations, felt paranoid while smoking spice. Spice was not illegal at time, bought at store.

@auburnbeat

Since Mike Dyer provided the weapon and had prior knowledge of the robbery plan, why isn't he charged as an accessory ? Hmmmmmmm ?

An irony in the Dyer situation is, he was pretty much raised by his uncle after his father died. His uncle is a Little Rock cop.

See, the problem is there is no way to prove, legally, that she purchased the gun for Dyer. Having no such proof, there is no charge to bring.

You have to think like a defense lawyer might think and with no absolute proof that the gun was purchased for Dyer, there is no case to prosecute. She simply bought a gun and then loaned it to somebody. She has not done anything illegal.

PS: As to putting pressure on her, the minute she says: "I want a lawyer" that game is over. Lawyer says "Charge her with something or we are leaving" and all the cops could do is watch them walk out. Bringing her in would be a waste of time and the police know this.

It's probable that the gun was located in "their" living quarters. How did it become Dyer's gun when it was located in her house? There's simply no way to get her in trouble over this.

Didn't he testify that it was "his" gun? Wasn't that one of the tweets on this thread?

Didn't he testify that it was "his" gun? Wasn't that one of the tweets on this thread?

My wife calls the Traverse in the yard "her" car. I call the truck "my" truck. Legally they are both ours. Unless Mike Dyer's name is on some official paperwork that's filed with some authority, it's her gun according to law and according to law is all that matters here.

All correct, but the DA had no interest in that tangent and did not pursue it. She probably was really sweating knowing she had bought the gun and "given" it to Dyer who "loaned" it to those involved in the crime. At the very least she would have to pay for a lawyer to help her explain to the police exactly how she allowed Dyer to have the weapon. She may have done that anyway. None of these people operated with any real sense. Never loan your car, girlfriend, or gun to anyone........

Archived