2013 3* TE Arshad Jackson (Ole Miss signee)

ShocksMyBrain

RT KeithRIVALS: TE A.J. Jackson of Lovejoy Ga. says he has just committed to #Auburn ...

RT KeithRIVALS: Just spoke w/ new #Auburn commit A.J. Jackson ... 6-feet-6 TE from Ga. Still at AU. Having a great time right now, he said

Link to Rivals Profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Arshad-Jackson-111345

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TE A.J. Jackson of Lovejoy Ga. says he has just committed to Auburn ...

Just spoke w/ new Auburn commit A.J. Jackson ... 6-feet-6 TE from Ga. Still at AU. Having a great time right now, he said

@KeithRIVALS

7_109657.jpg

AJ Jackson, TE

Hampton, GA

6'6 / 245 / 4.61

Offers: Arkansas, Louisville, Michigan State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, NC State, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Wake Forest, among others.

“I came up to Auburn for the ‘Big Cat’ weekend with my family, and it just felt like the perfect fit,” Jackson told the AJC. “Auburn has everything I’m looking for in a school, with academics and athletics. And it was perfect timing to commit with my family here and everything.”

Last year as a junior, Jackson was one of the star players for a Lovejoy team that reached the Class AAAA state championship, losing to Tucker. Jackson started both ways at tight end and defensive end.

“I’m happy for AJ; I’ve had four other players from here go to Auburn and I’m very familiar with Auburn,” Lovejoy coach Al Hughes said.

“He’s an outstanding football player, and he has got his best football ahead of him. He’s still a big growing boy, and will be outstanding in college.

“He’s good at tight end, the kind of guy you need to get the ball in his hands. He can cause a lot mismatch problems with his height and leaping ability. You can match him with the linebacker and strong safety, and have a mismatch.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/05/25/aj-jackson-auburn-gets-commitment-from-4-star-tight-end/

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vSWmBuqMcMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Should we read anything into this (Jackson's commitment) concerning OJ Howard?  :dunno:

Auburn will still take OJ. Jackson was too good to pass up. Kid's recruitment has picked up big time. Lofler LOVES this kid.

although we will still take OJ, does this effectively run him off?

Auburn will still take OJ. Jackson was too good to pass up. Kid's recruitment has picked up big time. Lofler LOVES this kid.

I don't believe so.

Question, and I don't mean this in anyway disparagingly, but why doesn't he have offers from his instate schools, quite an extensive offer list, but neither Georgia or tech? Just curious.

The kid certainly has the size and appears to have the athleticism, 4.31 shuttle is great at his size considering all the mass you have to get changing directions. Wish I knew more about him, war eagle and welcome to the family!

No. From what I have read, Bama plans on taking another TE too.

Is OJ there this weekend?  :cool:

I think they would take both OJ and AJ. I love the  big tight ends!!!!  :wedance:

I say take them both just so Verne Lundquist will blow a gasket.

15+ offers in the last 3 months. I haven't seen much on him personally but he has been one of the "fastest risers" this spring.

Archived