2013 3* TE Arshad Jackson (Ole Miss signee)

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Eagle A.J.!!!!

I would also like to point out that Auburn is extremely deep and talented at TE now.

War Eagle A.J.!!!!

I would also like to point out that Auburn is extremely deep and talented at TE now.

Well, we have Lutz. Beyond that nobody has done a thing to prove we've got depth or talent. I think we have some on campus, some coming in and some committed that could help but so far they've accomplished nothing in college games except drop a couple of passes.

Amen. I like Fulse's body and willingness to block. I think moving Uzomah to the end of the line was doing him a favor. He had next to no chance of making the next level as a WR, but TE at least gives him a position to grow into. Parks and Hutcherson come with a lot of hype and potential. Until one of those four guys steps up, it's just Lutz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AJ is rooming with OJ Howard this week at The Opening that should be interesting, also something else to note, Bower and Lawson are rooming together.  WDE~ :we:

Hopefully AJ can work some magic on OJ and get him to his childhood favorite team. That would be a dynamic duo.  I know CGC sent him a letter saying good luck when PRatville played Daphne and he plays for Autuga. Honest mistake do u know how many letters coaches send out a day.  Come on though OJ you kbow you want to be at AU.  BAammer isn't ur home AU is!

...And back to AJ. I hope he can give OJ something to think about this weekend as roommates.  :we:

The fact that we will be running a lot of 2tight end sets should help us out a lot. Also after Lutz has a big year it is going to be hard for OJ to turn his favorite school down.

The write-up on him from the Opening was less than glowing.   Any chance we go after another tight end between now and signing day? 

Which right up are you referring to? I have only heard good things around here and I would like to see the scouts' take, good or bad.

The write-up on him from the Opening was less than glowing.   Any chance we go after another tight end between now and signing day? 

Which right up are you referring to? I have only heard good things around here and I would like to see the scouts' take, good or bad.

He had some bad drops, but also redeemed himself by making the same catch on the same play later in game.  Didn't watch the ball all the way in.  More importantly he ran a good route and got open and found holes in the defense.  Showed good hands, just needs to catch each and every ball before getting ready to run with it or find a defender.  All things that can be fixed with hard work and determination, not red flags by no means.  No reason to look around for another tight end, he will develop into a solid tight end for Auburn.

He had some bad drops, but also redeemed himself by making the same catch on the same play later in game.  Didn't watch the ball all the way in.  More importantly he ran a good route and got open and found holes in the defense.  Showed good hands, just needs to catch each and every ball before getting ready to run with it or find a defender.  All things that can be fixed with hard work and determination, not red flags by no means.  No reason to look around for another tight end, he will develop into a solid tight end for Auburn.

Footsteps can be intimidating at times. But your right, it's something that can be worked out. Kid looks good.

The only question marks that I have heard about his performance had to do with his technique, which is fixable.  Not his talent, which would be a much bigger problem.  

Heard that he had trouble with letting balls that were thrown directly at him get to his body, which was the cause of most of his drops.  When the ball was delivered outside of his body; and he had to reach out to catch it, his hands were reliable.  Problems like this are correctable, and I trust that our coaches wouldn't be interested if they saw anything that they didn't think they could coach him up on.

Also, heard Luginbill give him a mention as a TE that may be a little bit of a project in college, but had plenty of talent and potential.

he didnt catch more than 15 passes last year if i recall.  his hands will get way, way better as his opportunities rise ... particularly when he gets to college.  i think he can be a very good TE at Auburn, if he works at it. 

Rusty Mansell ‏@Mansell247

Auburn TE Commit AJ Jackson had a good day today.. Good hands on a 6-6 TE. Tough match up in red zone. http://pic.twitter.com/fPV2ID4x

Nice! Just like moustache said, he has a lot of upside considering he didn't have many catches last season--maybe in a more run oriented O.

Archived