2013 3* TE Arshad Jackson (Ole Miss signee)

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question, and I don't mean this in anyway disparagingly, but why doesn't he have offers from his instate schools, quite an extensive offer list, but neither Georgia or tech? Just curious.

The kid certainly has the size and appears to have the athleticism, 4.31 shuttle is great at his size considering all the mass you have to get changing directions. Wish I knew more about him, war eagle and welcome to the family!

Maybe its just me, but UGA seems to often offer kids a lot later than other schools.  :dunno:

Question, and I don't mean this in anyway disparagingly, but why doesn't he have offers from his instate schools, quite an extensive offer list, but neither Georgia or tech? Just curious.

The kid certainly has the size and appears to have the athleticism, 4.31 shuttle is great at his size considering all the mass you have to get changing directions. Wish I knew more about him, war eagle and welcome to the family!

Maybe its just me, but UGA seems to often offer kids a lot later than other schools.  :dunno:

You are correct, go on AJC and listen to all of the Dawgs bitch&moan and also notice that AJC has been overrun by the teabag online nation.

Welcome and war eagle, AJ.

I don't see how we could have room for two tight ends in this class due to greater needs at other positions (DT, DE, LB, S, K, etc). I think AJ will be our TE for this class. 

I don't see how we could have room for two tight ends in this class due to greater needs at other positions (DT, DE, LB, S, K, etc). I think AJ will be our TE for this class. 

Just a thought: maybe with a more pro-style offense we will run more two TE sets(?)

It seems to me that we may be done @ TE as well. Seeing as how we took Fulse (Uzomah could also fill that role as well) and the two guys we took last year, that is a lot of TEs. I know you don't turn down aguy of his caliber but it just seems that the coaches may have a feeling about OJ.

Just a thought: maybe with a more pro-style offense we will run more two TE sets(?)

Probably so- I just meant that we are going to run out of spots in this signing class pretty quickly. Everyone keeps talking about possibly signing two QBs, two RBs, now two TEs. Plus multiple OL and WR. We just don't have that many spots this year. I think there will have to be some positions where we only sign one.  

Does anyone know how many we can sign this year?

18-20

Does anyone know how many we can sign this year?

We don't have an official published number so we have to figure it out.  And it is flexible as things happen that effect the number of players on scholarship so it is a moving target until/unless you get to the 25 max limit.

I think we have 12 seniors on scholarship http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=9&c=16&yr=2012 so that is the minimum number we start with. But if we are not at 85 scholarships once all the initial counters are on scholarship, we get how every many it would take to get to 85 to add to that.  Also it is a long time until the next class is wrapped up so there will likely be some attrition due to various reasons which will add to the number.  It looks to be a small class of 12 or more... but any number is just a guess. 

I don't have espy insider, but i saw an article title claiming that one of our TE recruits could have a negative impact. I'll just go ahead and assume from the title and current events that the writer is either a bammer or a chicken little auburn fan that thinks AJ will eliminate any chance of flipping OJ. Really?

I seriously doubt any player is that full of themselves that they think they will be the only TE on the team and couldn't bear to sign with a team that dares to sign another player that plays *gasp* THE SAME POSITION!!!

Then again, with the hype that is placed on recruitment and silly star ratings, maybe some players do think that way, but I hope not.

Anywho rant over,

War Eagle AJ and Welcome Aboard!

Nice pickup. Wonder what this means for OJ Howard ...

From what I understand we would take them both. It does seem that OJ is not the sure-fire flip many thought.

6'6 / 245 / 4.31

Say what???

Saw that too. Maybe an exaggeration? Would be nice if it's true. Either way, he's going to be load to bring down at full speed for your typical DB.

Archived