2013 3* TE Arshad Jackson (Ole Miss signee)

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“@Niebuhr247: #Auburn TE commit Arshad Jackson has done some good things so far. Big target, just needs to get better after the catch”

Better after the catch???  In a 7 on 7?  I would think that would be one of the things that would be hard to figure out.  Its not like they are tackling.  :dunno:

“@Niebuhr247: #Auburn TE commit Arshad Jackson has done some good things so far. Big target, just needs to get better after the catch”

First people were giving him hell about not being able to catch, now he needs to get better after the catch? Man people just love to dog on this guy. Just keep on producing, Arshad.  :wareagle:

First people were giving him hell about not being able to catch, now he needs to get better after the catch? Man people just love to dog on this guy. Just keep on producing, Arshad.  :wareagle:

There's a difference between dogging and critiquing.  When he's being compared to the best, every little thing will get picked on.  None of it really matters though, because it all depends on what happens when he steps on the field at Auburn.

Arshad has a great frame and good hands, but he's got to work on his route running to be effective at the next level.  He breaks in and out of routes like he's running in sand.  This is probably what 247 guy is referring to.

Arshad has a great frame and good hands, but he's got to work on his route running to be effective at the next level.  He breaks in and out of routes like he's running in sand.  This is probably what 247 guy is referring to.

Arshad is extremely raw.  I dont think he will ever be a starter at AU but he will add to our depth.

Arshad is extremely raw.  I dont think he will ever be a starter at AU but he will add to our depth.

Not sure about that, but I will say he's a 100% lock to redshirt in '13 unless something disastrous happens at TE next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247

TE Arshad Jackson -- an #Auburn commit -- says #FSU has offered today

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Tigers' TE commit Arshad Jackson received FSU offer today. He said he would in my story yesterday http://bit.ly/TbcRet. Still 100% AU.

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

TE Arshad Jackson nabs official AU letter today, "this motivates me to get better on the field and off the field."

632796752.jpg?key=16001600&Expires=1344394062&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=a-pi52TxaBg5PoiG-BiPPaQIyw6yJEqVqUI7t7kWKqcsSNGhHESwccSWY-j3FMckZZJyUB5FxHPWS3jkN7jOjay9vfPuR3idfOdavtblmNEDPcDdQzgRi4lgucqiEuAWiOTw0DCvTLk1MuQPLGuhXODye0u-R8d5iXHl~vKFies_

so he committed without having a letter in hand? I'm confused... :dunno:

Official letters could not go out til late last week.

Occicial letters could not go out til late last week.

I got one of those one time and had to go see the doc about it.  It's a good thing that penicillin kills everything!!!  laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Been hitting the sauce a little early have we E??

No but after what I just went through at Lowe's I need one of Golf's remedies.  ;)

No but after what I just went through at Lowe's I need one of Golf's remedies.  ;)

:laugh:

Wow you must like Prune Juice and lots of it.

Wow you must like Prune Juice and lots of it.

Na. I was referring to something a little stronger than that.

Niebuhr of 247 said AJ Jackson was one of the TE that stood out to him:  A.J. Jackson, Lovejoy (Ga.): The Auburn commit is a three-star guy, but it looks as though he has a pretty high ceiling. Jefferson is almost the exact same height/weight as O.J. Howard, but Howard is far more ripped physically and refined technically as a player. Jackson is very athletic, but also very raw. As he grows as a player, look out.

• 2 months later...

Bryan Matthews: 2014 WR Demarre Kitt told 247Sports' Keith Niebuhr that he just got off the phone with Jackson and he has decommitted from Auburn. According to Kitt, FSU, Auburn and Clemson are in the mix. I'll update if I get confirmation from A.J.

Archived