Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently live in Decatur, AL.  I've been a lurker for quite a while now and decided it was time to join the team!  I grew up in S.C. and have always been a fan of S.C. and Clemson (fam went to both).  When we moved to Alabama in 1990, it was either AU or AL.  We visited games at both schools and AU was the choice for us.  God, I remember we hated Tuscaloosa, lol.

Anyway, attended Auburn from 97-99.  I lived at the old College Park I off of Wire and then Lakewood off of Shug Jordan.  Best days of my life....

WAR DAMN EAGLE  :wareagle:

I currently live in Decatur, AL.  I've been a lurker for quite a while now and decided it was time to join the team!  I grew up in S.C. and have always been a fan of S.C. and Clemson (fam went to both).  When we moved to Alabama in 1990, it was either AU or AL.  We visited games at both schools and AU was the choice for us.  God, I remember we hated Tuscaloosa, lol.

Anyway, attended Auburn from 97-99.  I lived at the old College Park I off of Wire and then Lakewood off of Shug Jordan.  Best days of my life....

WAR DAMN EAGLE   :wareagle:

Welcome to Auburn Eagle Bro!! Well it sounds like you were raised right....Auburn all the way!! Hope you enjoy your time on Auburn Eagle. WDE!!

new member. From Clanton, AL. We have been AU fans all of our lives. My wife graduated from AU and I'm enrolled furthering the education. I have always been FOR Auburn and not really against UA, but the closer I keep up with things the more that changes.          :zapbama:

new member. From Clanton, AL. We have been AU fans all of our lives. My wife graduated from AU and I'm enrolled furthering the education. I have always been FOR Auburn and not really against UA, but the closer I keep up with things the more that changes.          :zapbama:

Welcome to Auburn Eagle Jethro!! Glad you decided to sign up and start posting. Feel free to post often. Also, make sure you start hating Alabama b/c all the Auburn fans on AE do!! ;)

Thought I might as well join in on the fun! I am currently a sophomore at Auburn University studying Wireless Engineering. I'm a second generation Auburn man and grew up loving Auburn. In fact I only applied to two schools and the other one was just to make my momma happy!  ;D Anyway this is by far the best Auburn site I have ever been on. Great posts, great info, and great people but that's what you expect with a site truly dedicated to All Auburn All Orange! Again keep up the great work and glad I found this place cuz it feels like home!!! War Eagle!!!

Lurked for awhile and finally decided to join.

Name: Andrew

Born: East Liverpool, OH

Started at Auburn: Fall Quarter 1992

Graduated: Spring Semester 2005 (I took the long, circuitous, booze soaked, skirt chasing path through school)

Current Location: Pickerington, OH (suburb of Columbus)

Edit: I don't have to run my wife out of the house during Auburn games...she's as rabid a fan as I am(during the season anyway).

i'm S. Westbrook.. From the Huntsville area. All of my family is Auburn fans! 8 family members have graduated from AU since 1950. I love Auburn and always will. First game was against Vandy when i was really young. We are season ticket holders and my favorite game i've attended was the 2004 SEC Championship game. I will be attending Auburn University and a proud member of the AU Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:

Welcome to Auburn Eagle Bro!! Well it sounds like you were raised right....Auburn all the way!! Hope you enjoy your time on Auburn Eagle. WDE!!

Welcome to our humble home, bro!  Man, what memories of hanging out at College Park!  Crazy times!

Welcome to our humble home, bro!  Man, what memories of hanging out at College Park!  Crazy times!

You could always find a party at College Park (either one)...though my favorite was the Supper Dump(Club) followed by a breakfast burrito at Tiger Time.

ST and JS thanks for the welcome!

Yes guys CP1 was always hopping!  I remember we had keg parties every single Fri and Sat night during football seasons.  I've always wondered how those balconies never collapsed with all the people shoulder to shoulder loaded up on them.  They must be tough as hell lol!  Although I've been on a few balconies there where I swear they are sagging now!  Back then the cops were cool as could be.  IF they ever showed up and broke things up, they'd let everyone leave out with drinks in hand!

My name is Nathan.  Born, raised and currently live in Gadsden, AL.

Just happened to catch this thread.  I've bleed orange and blue my entire life and will continue to do so.  I was fortunate enough to attend Auburn for a couple of years but not wise enough to take advantage of it (sure did enjoy the ride though).  My mother and brother are both alumns.  My immediate family is all Auburn.  My wife's mother was an Auburn alumn as well.  Those are just some of the ties to Auburn.

Still friends with lots of folks in Auburn and tailgate with about half of them every weekend.  Friends with the owner of the Strutting Duck (recently moved locations by the way).  Friends with a couple of the performers from years past and present.  Tony Brook.  Chris Posey. Adam Hood.  Will Dooley.  The Skeeters.  Any Skeeterfest alumns out there?

Guerra I was glad to hear from someone in Gentilly.  Though I live much better these days I would give anything to go back to being 21yo and living in my trailer in Gentilly.  Keep up the school work and figure out a way to remain a college student the rest of your life.  Auburn is a great place to live.  You'll never know how much you miss it until you leave it.

For the life of me I can't remember how I learned of this site but I've been here for a while.  I'm not much of a poster but rather a reader.  I have really enjoyed this site and I really appreciate all the work ST puts into it.

WDE

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger

I believe in Auburn and love it.

:wareagle:

My name's Dave and I live in Jacksonville, AL. I have been an Auburn fan since 1986 when my brother started attending Auburn University. I spent a LOT of time on Campus and was at the "First time ever" game as well thanks to some scalper outside Joel Eaves Coliseum selling tickets 200 bucks a piece. (In fact, if you find the book "First Time Ever" they show a night shot of -almost- empty Jordan-Hare parking lot the night before (I think?) and the only car out there was our old 1980 Buick Regal! We were in Parker Hall computer lab that night! LOL)

My brother told me about this site and I absolutely LOVE it. The admins/etc do such an amazing job and you guys are all awesome.

I look forward to spending many years reading and posting here. Here's to a National Championship in 2010!

Dave

Marcstavian

Opp,AL

Been a tigers fan since i new about football ,I bleed orange & blue!!

Became a fan in the city of opp because most of the town are ala -bama fans,so I bacame and underdog and have been pulling for auburn every since. (42yrs)

And Its Great To Be An Auburn Tigers!!!

Marcstavian

Opp,AL

Been a tigers fan since i new about football ,I bleed orange & blue!!

Became a fan in the city of opp because most of the town are ala -bama fans,so I bacame and underdog and have been pulling for auburn every since. (42yrs)

And Its Great To Be An Auburn Tigers!!!

Great story! Welcome to the site and post often!

I'm Nick and live in Birmingham, Al and I became a fan in 1998(we were 3-8) because I fell in love with Auburn.  I bleed orange and blue and absolutely love the site. WAR EAGLE everybody!!!!!! :yay:

:we::aufb::tdau::wareagle::wedance::party::we::aufb::tdau::wareagle::wedance::party:

:believe::party:

Archived