Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Hello folks!  Just call me LT.  I grew up in Tarrant, started at AU in '68, and graduated in '73 with a BS in Pharmacy.  My family and I have lived in the Phenix City area since '75.  And it's truly Great to Be an Auburn Tiger!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Chris McCamy. I graduated from AU in 2003. I am originally from Scottsboro, AL. but am now living in Jasper, AL. I can't wait to see what Coach Chizik and the boys bring in 2010!  :we::zapbama:

WDE im from carbon hill

Hi and War Eagle. As i mentioned in my first post, DBear doesn't reflect any reference to uat but a name that my grandchildren call me.

My name is Ted and my ties to Aurburn are through my daughter and son-in-law both of whom have graduated years ago and my granddaughter who will grad. next sem. (I hope)

I'm living just outside Greenville, Al. Was into cattle raising but got to old to handle it. So now I just hang out at home and follow the Tigers. I love this site and the well mannered people on it.

Happy to be a part of it.

WAR EAGLE and lets get on with the show.

My name is Chris McCamy. I graduated from AU in 2003. I am originally from Scottsboro, AL. but am now living in Jasper, AL. I can't wait to see what Coach Chizik and the boys bring in 2010!  :we::zapbama:

WDE im from carbon hill

War Eagle! from down the corridor!

Welcome dbear.  My wife has relatives in the G'ville area.  We travel the interstate thru there often, very often.  Seems we are always headed to b'ham to see the grandsons (and their parents) or headed to Auburn.  War Eagle.

:aufb:

My first post.

I'm an AU engineering grad ('73) from the Oxford area.  Been living in Knoxville, TN since '89.  It's been pretty nice here since 2003 - 5 in a row over the Vols!  Despite the popsicle orange avalanche, we enjoy living here - pretty much good folks overall.  Still get homesick from time to time and enjoy visiting my family back home.  Most of them are AU fans except the in-laws, mostly avid UAT fans.  We try to keep it civil! 

Hey everybody. This is my first post. I was Born and raised in Shelby County AL. and I still live there. In 1968 as a 9 year old I met Mickey Zofko #22. All my cousins in b'ham were AU fans. During our conversation he asked me to be a loyal AU supporter. I survived the nine years of losing to bamur even though it was easy back then to be a bamur fan. I did not attend college but my heart was given to AU in 1968.  :thumbsup:

:zapbama:

Hey everybody. This is my first post. I was Born and raised in Shelby County AL. and I still live there. In 1968 as a 9 year old I met Mickey Zofko #22. All my cousins in b'ham were AU fans. During our conversation he asked me to be a loyal AU supporter. I survived the nine years of losing to bamur even though it was easy back then to be a bamur fan. I did not attend college but my heart was given to AU in 1968.  :thumbsup:

:zapbama:

Nice story!! Welcome aboard and WAR EAGLE!!

I graduated from Auburn in '05 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and I currently live in Huntsville.  I'm originally from Akron, OH, but grew up an Auburn fan because my mom is an alum. This was great, because not only did it keep me from succumbing to Buckeye-dom, but I had the added benefit of not growing up with any bammer friends :) .

My name is judson houston. Im from Birmingham, Alabama. I am currently a sophmore at Auburn University(HARDD)ha. I am proud as anything to be an auburn tiger and love the respect and confidence we as fans have in auburn. Everybody  is hateing on US, but i no WE believe in auburn and LOVE it!! WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!

Hi, this is my first post on this board. I attended Auburn for 5 great years, graduating in 2007 with my degree in Industrial & System Engineering. I grew up in NY, but all of my family moved down south and I chose Auburn when I stepped on campus. I only visited because my Dad loved the campus so much (I had plans on going elsewhere). Best decision of my life and glad my Dad wanted to visit. My favorite part of Auburn was being a student recruiter for two years. I now live in the greater Atlanta area with my wife and two dogs. I am a Financial Analyst. Basically I am an Excel geek.

I live in Birmingham, graduated from Auburn in 1979.........was a walk-on for 2 years....Coach Jordan and Barfield.  I have a son living in Auburn with 3 granddaughters.....5 others scatterred.  I absolutely love Auburn Family......and I have been telling everyone since Coach's hire........he would do it right,....build a foundation and mold young men the way Moms and Dads want.....I think we can see from recruiting successes we are on our way back.

But let's all remember, we have not really been so lowly for the past 30 years!  Just a short downturn....for the record we are still up on Bama for this time period!  War Eagle!!!

Former North AL resident, living in Atlanta metro area since starting high school.  While I am not an alum, I am a proud member of the Auburn family.  Although we attended and graduated from different colleges, I married my high school sweetheart, who wisely chose to attend Auburn.  Initially I was not very happy with his decision.  I have family who have been head cheerleaders and a professor at UA, so I was led down the crimson path when I moved to Alabama at the age of 5.  As y'all well know, there is no fence-sitting allowed, so when asked "Who are you for?", I made what has proved to be the wrong choice.  But I digress.  Having finally accepted the fact my boyfriend was going to that "other school", I loved him enough to travel to visit him.  And the inevitable happened, my eyes were opened, my heart was touched, and the tide was turned.  I feel in love with the entire Auburn Family.  Our kids are now working very hard towards their academic goals of attending Auburn University in the near and somewhat-near future. 

I grew up in Anniston as a member of an Alabama family and graduated from AHS in 1973. While in high school I started visiting campuses in the state and found to my surprise that Tuscaloosa was an urban, nasty town (the paper mill really helped the ambience of the place...and it was obvious inmates from Bryce had escaped and were everywhere in town ;D  .) A second surprise came when I visited Auburn and found it to be a special place where I felt at home. On one visit I watched the Sullivan and Beasley air show and realized that AU was pretty good in football as well. I shocked my dad big time when I told him that I had decided to go to AU, but he recovered enough from the shock to help me with most of my financial support...graduated in 1977...married my childhood sweet heart and fellow AU graduate in 1978. And it didn't take long for me to become an AU fan. After moving away for a couple of years we returned to the Auburn area and have lived here ever since. A second generation AU graduate is on the way with my daughter who will be transferring in this fall as a Junior. Auburn has been good to me!

My name is Len, been Auburn fan since '71, ticket holder since '83. Live in Leeds ,Al and have converted all my family to Auburn, 'cept one sister. She went to the dark side. :we: :we:

Graduate student from 1986-1988; degree in '91.  Lived in Auburn & Opelika until '96.  Wife and in-laws AU grads.  Son admitted to school of engineering this fall as a freshman.

i'm was born in northalabama but lived in auburn as a child while my parents attended school!!! wde!!! moved to the florida panhandle as ateenager & now reside in northalabama again. MY whole family are auburn as well as my 5yr old son who does'nt know anything else. He's probably the most diehard of us all. The 04 season was the most special to us we were @ Ft. Gordon Ga. & he was born as well which made this one of the best years  :tdau:ever!!!! :wareagle:

I'm from Childersburg Al. I'm 64 years old!!! Senior Citizen!! ha ha

I've Been an Auburn Fan for over 40 years!!

Was at Legion Stadium when Auburn won the Iron Bowl after 9 yrs, loosing to Alabama. This was when Auburn fans took the goal post down! This was my first Iron Bowl ..IT WAS WONDERFUL!!

I was at the Auburn -Alabama game, first time at Auburn in '89. The most EXCITING iron bowl. They(BAMA) were at our house! Never felt such electricity at a game before! The tiger walk was awesome!! I was there!!

We had season tickets when Bo Jackson was playing at Auburn. The Pat Dye era!

I've never been more proud of a coaching staff as the one we have now! Please KEEP THESE COACHES all together!! They have done a remarkable job in recruiting! The first time I've been this excited over recruits! I would love to welcome all of our recruits!

Thanks for all the memories & for great memories to come!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!! LOOKING FORWARD IN BEATING BAMA & WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Hello all and War Eagle! My name is John....I have been of the Auburn influence since....well....before conception really. My dad played for Shug '58 and '59. After brief stints in other cities in the state we settled in Auburn in 1972. I received my second degree from Auburn in '93 and now reside in Woodstock, GA. I make it to most games....I have missed 6 home games since the '73 season....and take them in from "Dye Hard Corner at Pat Dye Field", look for the banner next season.

War Damn!

John

:aufb:

Archived