Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Hey everybody my name is Kasey I live in a little town if you can call it a town Reeltown, AL.  When I was growing up I was a very confused guy I guess my dad kept trying to make me a bama fan, he kept giving me Alabama clothes, and such.  I actually have a photo with me in bama garb which needs to be set afire.  I also liked Miami for some dang reason I have no idea why, I think i was really just too young to understand what was going on.  Pat owned property and a farm not more than 15 minutes down the road from my house, several times I've seen Bo Jackson and many other football players when i was young and didn't really know who they were.  My brother when he got older (whom is a bama fan) worked for Pat Dye on his farm and Kitt had a cut off Tennessee shirt and Pat told him if he wore that Damn Tennessee shirt to his farm again he was gonna shock him with a cattle prod, and he did and he almost got the cattle prod.  I met Pat and he told me that he couldn't wait for me to grow up so he could play me as an offensive lineman, and then i was really sold because i started to understand the game of football, but really and deep down inside I was always an Auburn fan I believe in earning things, I believe in work hard work, I believe in a spirit that is unafraid.  I believe in the creed and agree 100% with everything that it says basically I was born to be an Auburn fan I don't see how some people aren't, but most have been brainwashed by their fathers, and family etc.  I did become a Offensive tackle when i was growing up, but me and my coach couldn't come to terms for several reasons, so when he benched me for something totally football unrelated my dad who told me I could never quit if i started a sport, told me i was getting the shaft.  I quit, and made a Division I recruiting magazine, but i guess it was for the best because i found out later in life i was born with one kidney, and have kidney disease in it, but I'm doing well thanks to God above.  War Damn Eagle!

I need to also add in that I am an Alumnus from Auburn, was the first person in my family to graduate from a four year institution, and graduated with the class of 2005.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name is Bill.  Duh.  Live in LA (lower AL).  Both our children graduated AU.  We didn't, but have been season ticket holders for 15 years.  5 year old and two year grandsons have never missed a tailgate and been to many games.  We tailgate at University Station RV park and love it.  During football season we spend as much time as possible in Auburn.  Children now live in Dallas and Birmingham and get together in Auburn as much as possible.  New to this site but I am learning to love it.  War Eagle

I am Anthony and I now reside in Charlotte NC. Born and raised in Ohio, came down south in 88. I am not an allumni, but I fell in love with Auburn about twenty years ago when Coach Dye took our Tigers into Baton Rouge in a night game where we were underdogs. We had Reggie Slack as our QB, James Joseph and Stacy Danley as our TBs, Tracy Rocker was on the D-line and Quinten Riggins was the LB. Man, that was the toughest game I ever saw! Crowd was rocking so hard it showed up on the richtor scale as a small earthquake!! Physical football on both sides of the ball but LSU couldn't match our heart and desire to win and it showed. When Couch Dye retired a couple years later after the Alabama game I cried with him and I fell hopelessly in love with AU. I care about winning just as much as anybody, but win or loose, I still get pumped up just watching that team from " the lovliest village on the plains" when they take the football field.  I've told this story b4 but it is why I love Auburn :party::wareagle:

My name is Kevin and I have lived in the New Orleans area for the last 25 years where I met my wife.  I was born and raised in the state of Alabama around the Birmingham area where my relatives live.  I've been an Auburn fan all my life and I am just glad to be getting good information without having to pay for it.

Unfortunately, I reside in LSU territory and rarely get an opportunity to talk intelligent SEC football with these folks!

I have been keeping up with my Tigers on al.com until someone suggested that I view this site.  Again, you provide some good information without all the immaturity.

If there are any Auburn fans near where I live please reach out, I love to talk about my Auburn Tigers!

HI, MY NAME IS SCOTT.  I GRADUATED FROM AUBURN IN 98.  BEST 5 YEARS OF MY LIFE...DON'T TELL MY WIFE THOUGH!!!! AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN TRUSSVILLE AL, BUT HAVE LIVED IN B'HAM AREA SINCE MOVING FROM DALLAS IN 86.  I COME FROM A FAMILY OF GEORGIA GRADUATES FROM AUGUSTA, WHERE I WAS BORN.  TO MY DISCREDIT, WHEN I MOVED HERE, AS ALL NON-NATIVE ALABAMIANS MUST, I CHOSE BETWEEN UAT & AU.  BEING A DAWG BY BIRTH, I CHOSE BAMA!!  THIS, HOWEVER DISHEARTENING, WASN'T A BAD DECISION AT THE TIME.  I WENT TO GAMES WITH MY FATHERS BOSS YEAR AFTER YEAR.  WE ALSO BECAME INSTANT FANS OF UAB, WHERE MY FATHER WORKED IN THE HOSPITAL.  ONCE I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL, I WAS ALL READY TO GO TO UAT, BUT A TOUR OF THE CAMPUS AND DEALINGS WITH SOME OF THE STUDENTS QUICKLY CHANGED MY MIND.  THE NEXT WEEK I WENT DOWN TO AUBURN JUST TO SEE WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT.  IT WAS THE SECOND TIME I'D BEEN THERE IN MY LIFE, BUT PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT TRIP OF MY LIFE.  I KNEW WITHIN 30 MINUTES  THAT THIS WOULD BE THE PLACE FOR ME FOR HIGHER LEARNING AND GROWTH.  BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE TO GO TO AUBURN.  MY NEPHEW WAS BORN THE DAY BEFORE MY FIRST CLASS AND I HAVE BEEN PREPARING HIM FOR AUBURN EVER SINCE.  HE IS 16 NOW AND HIS LITTLE BROTHER IS 7.  THEY WILL BOTH BE ATTENDING AUBURN IN 3 AND 12 YEARS RESPECTIVELY.  WAR EAGLE TO THAT!!!  KEEPING THE FAMILY GROWING AND STRONG!! 

WAR EAGLE AND GOD BLESS

Hello my name is Alex and I was born and raised in Montgomery. im a life long Auburn fan and I now live in Shreveport LA with my family. Im a Jr in highschool and plan on attending Auburn after highschool and if im lucky maybe on a baseball scholarship.

Hello, all!  My name is Charles.  I was born and raised in Daytona Beach, FL.  Most of my family graduated from Auburn (7 Veterinarians in the family), so I have been Dye Hard ever since I can remember.  I actually have degrees from both Troy and Auburn and loved my experiences at both.  I graduated from Auburn in '95.  I currently live in Loganville, GA, about half way between Atlanta and Athens, right in the middle of a bunch of barking dawgs.

I am so thankful for this site after struggling for the past few years to get my AU info from AL.com.  Thanks for all the great information on this site!

:wareagle:  :party:

I graduated from Auburn, have two son-in laws and one daughter that graduated from Auburn. I have been an employee with Auburn for the last 35 years.  We have lived in Auburn while in school and for the last 5 years. I was raised in Winston County and my wife is from Walker County. When I retire we will live in Auburn.  Most of my career, we lived 100 to 200 miles away and I could not attend any sporting events except football. We live 3 miles from the Stadium, so we can go to football, baseball and basketball games.  My name tallcat, is because I am 5' 20", my other name is Ray.

Archived