Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Great stories by everyone.

AU60 you got me beat but not much. You should post more often with your words of wisdom. WDE

Thanks. I do try to post more often, but I am only semi-retired and still travel a good bit. Plus, I must admit thai I get really frustrated reading posts about this player or that player being trash or horrible, etc. I just don't believe in trashing your own family, whethew it is players or coaches. They are my players and coaches and I will always respect them and never trash them. All we can expect is that they give their best and I believe they do. War Eagle. I'm off to Florida (work)

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raised near Athens, GA.

Lifelong Auburn fan!

Parents graduated from UGA.They are Dawg fans. I went to UGA (it was free).

Now a physician in Lexington, KY.

WDE! :zapbama:

Raised near Athens, GA.

Lifelong Auburn fan!

Wow lifelong AU fan with UGA alum parents. How did that happen?

I lived in Montgomery until i was 12, moved to Opelika in 1986, was brought to my first Auburn game in 1981, and then returned with my brother to a game in 1986. It was like nothing i had ever seen, back then, we had friends who tailgated on Crum's Corner, the corner of Donahue and Thach, we drove right up to the stadium and ate right there, Tiger Walk would go right in front of us.  Now, truthfully, i didnt stay there much, but my brother did. I am now married, live in Auburn, have two kids and we are all Auburn fans.  I grew up watching my step father, a die hard turd, throw stuff across the living room when we beat Alabama, it made me want to beat them even more, most turds i have been around are that way! WAR EAGLE

Raised near Athens, GA.

Lifelong Auburn fan!

The 1983 Auburn- UGA game did it for me. It's the first football game I remember watching. I was 5 at the time. We had about 15-20 UGA fans over at our house pulling for the Dawgs. Of course Auburn won and all the UGA fans were upset. I guess I couldn't understand why they pulled for the team that lost. From that moment on I have bled Orange and Blue. My family tells me I have a genetic defect. I just laugh and tell them, "War Eagle!".

Raised near Athens, GA.

Lifelong Auburn fan!

The 1983 Auburn- UGA game did it for me. It's the first football game I remember watching. I was 5 at the time. We had about 15-20 UGA fans over at our house pulling for the Dawgs. Of course Auburn won and all the UGA fans were upset. I guess I couldn't understand why they pulled for the team that lost. From that moment on I have bled Orange and Blue. My family tells me I have a genetic defect. I just laugh and tell them, "War Eagle!".

Amazing how small things can turn people into certain fans. Great story. War Eagle to you.

Raised in Eutaw, AL. My parents called themselves Bama fans, but weren't really die hard about football. For some reason, I always pulled for Auburn. Our high scholl team's colors were orange and blue, and I liked that a lot better than crimson. Crimson don't look good on anybody!

Now I've just about converted my parents. I can't take all the credit; they can't stand saban's attitude and cockiness!

I can't stand the typical bammers' cockiness and exagerations of # of titles.

• 2 weeks later...

:tdau:I am William living in Columbus, GA currently for 3 years originally from Mobile, AL. I grew up an Auburn fan because my family was divided between Alabama and Auburn. AS you can tell I was a smart kid and made the right choice. My daughter enrolled at Auburn attended 1 year and has transferred to South Alabama in Mobile but left me with the bill. I tried to oust her from the family tree but the wife wasn't having it. War Eagle!!! 

I was born and raised in Auburn......  I know....I am BLESSED beyond words!!

Began selling programs and drinks to get into the game, then when I was older I moved up to parking cars on what used to be a field across from Jordan-Hare.....got into every home game free for several years and was usually able to find an empty seat.  However, one game against LSU, my friend and I had to sit on the steps because of the crowd.  I remember we could both whistle very loud and we were doing that quite a bit that day.  An elderly lady sitting next to us asked us to please be quiet.....and even though she was an AU fan, my friend told her, "Lady, if you don't want to hear noise, then STAY HOME!"  Then we gave her the loudest, longest whistle we could.....now that was FUN!

I graduated from Auburn High in 1975 and after several years went back to Auburn and earned my degree.  I have seen a lot of changes come to The Loveliest Village on the Plains, but the Auburn Spirit has never, and will never change!

Even though I no longer live in Auburn.... Auburn still lives in me!

:wareagle:   :wareagle:   :wareagle:   :wareagle:   :wareagle:

I've been on this site lurking the first month or so then joined, I guess I am one of the originals but have yet to tell my story. I was born during the year of "Punt Bama Punt", my brother and his wife graduated from Auburn in the 70's, their kids graduated from Auburn. My other brother put his daughter through Auburn and Pharmacy School at Auburn. Me, I went to Snead State Junior College majoring in AG ED, after two years planning to go to Auburn I met my wife. Things changed and I stayed home, I wish I could have went to Auburn that is where my heart always has been but when I saw my future wife I knew she was the one.  My brother who has seasons passes took me to my first ever Home Game.  It was against Florida State, we won 9-7 if I remember correctly. Stan White was the quarterback. I will never forget that feeling from being at Jordan-Hare Stadium and watching the Florida State fans file out as we Auburn Tiger Fans did their warhawk chant back at them for several minutes.  I will forever be an AUBURN TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good story White Tiger but you are making me feel old.  >:(

I was at the Punt Bama Punt game, my senior year at AU. The greatest feeling in the world that day we beat turds.

Sorry Golf but like I've always felt age is just a number :bow: My parents had me late in life, my brothers and sisters are 22, 20, 18 and 13 years older than me so I've always felt more comfortable around people in that age group.

Sorry Golf but like I've always felt age is just a number :bow: My parents had me late in life, my brothers and sisters are 22, 20, 18 and 13 years older than me so I've always felt more comfortable around people in that age group.

I think Anna Nicole used that same excuse reasoning

:laugh: :laugh:

Now that we got that out of the way I would like to welcome all the new members!! Great stories everyone!! Looking forward to reading more great ones in the near future!!

WAR EAGLE!!

My name is Davis

I live in Gentilly park here in Auburn, I attend southern union right now, but im just a few hours away from transferring to Auburn as a journalist major.

I am addicted to Auburn football, Basketball and swimming. and as you can tell, Auburneagle.com

Archived