Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Bill and I live on Lake Martin (not in a mansion) and work in Montgomery.  I was a military Brat who moved to Maxwell AFB as a little kid and came back in '68.  I joined the Boy Scouts so I could usher at games(enjoyed the Mike Kolen and Sullivan to Beasley years)!  I graduated from Auburn in March of 79 (endured the Barfield years) and my career moved me around the country until I returned a few years ago.  I do not get to Auburn as much as I would like but my love for the university and it's athletc programs runs deep... win, lose or draw!

:wareagle:

Guest simonsez

My name is David and I was born and raised in Auburn.  I was a bama fan as a child because I liked their colors but became an Auburn fan when Pat Dye was coach.  I realized I never really liked Bama...just their colors.  You cant hate on me for bein a bama fan as a child.  I grew up in a family of bama fans.  Oh and in case youre wanting to know....my family is part of the very few bama fans that still have all of their teeth.

I'm Ron and I graduated from AU 3 times, all in EE (Phd in 1971). I retired from Jacksonville State University in 1999    (taught computer science). This is my first post, but I have been reading the great posts of you Auburn lovers for several monhs. I am looking forward to some GREAT years of AU football.  This Auburn site is the best I have ever seen. Keep it going ST!

My name is Jeff.  I was born in Dothan, into a family of UA fans.  I moved up here in 2001 and quickly figured out I had been making a mistake for most of my life for pulling for "the other team". I run a auto body shop here in town, and love everything about the town (most of all, my job, my wife and kid, and Auburn football).

ive been on this forum forever and am pretty sure i never wrote on this tread. so why now im bored and homework sucks.

im from mobile and im a jr. in highschool. my mom, dad, sister and two aunts have gone to auburn. my mom went to alabama her freshman year hated it and transfered. my dad grew up an alabama fan but when one of his older sisters went to alabama and he went to go visit he saw the light. now he hates every bama fan.

Hello Auburn Fans,

My name is Scott and I live in Mobile, Alabama. Although I never attended Auburn University, I did attend college and most of my siblings either graduated or attended Auburn University. My father graduated in 1962 which started this family of Auburn people. I remember going to games as a child and thinking in would be nice to graduate from Auburn University, however it just didn't work out for me. I've always loved the spirit at games and love the school very much.

War Eagle!

Name is Randall IM 28 YEARS OLD Was raised Blue and orange since birth IN LITTLE TOWN NAMED ADDISON AL... Cousins Uncles aunts attended Auburn

I Currently serve in the Army 10 years now , Stationed at Fort Cambell KY, Just bought a house in cadiz the whole down stairs 1650sqft is done in Auburn including my 2 boys bedrooms haha Gotta raise them right you know!!! 

My name is Ted, I grew up in Pell City Alabama and lived there my whole life until I moved to Wisconsin 5 years ago. I have been an Auburn fan my entire life, The only one in my family.. All Alabama fans.. It started when i was really little, A friend of my parents which by the way was an Alabama fan would teach me to say War Eagle and have me tell my parents to get them upset, She thought she was so funny. I don't remember that but its always what I was told and I remember just being a fan of Auburn my whole life. I loved to watch Bo Jackson when I was a kid and my favorite player of all time was Greg Carr. I wore the same number as him when I played football and had the same Nike cleats they wore back then. I love Auburn more than just about anything and my wife might say more than anything but its always been in my life and heart and always will no matter how far away I am.  War Eagle!!!

War Eagle!!!

Name is Kenneth.  Grew up in Birmingham area.  Raised as an Alabama youngling, but once old enough to understand right from wrong, the Lord saved me.  Through my transformation, went to Auburn to get my Engineering degree and ever since have believed.  Talked my sister into attending also, and now my Dad is alone as the sole Alabama Grad / Fan.  Graduated in '96. 

WDE!

Name is Tony. Alum.  BEE class of 02. Grew up in B'ham, now live in Huntsville.  My mom is a grad, my dad is a bammer.  My favorite game while in attendance is the duval kick to beat florida in 01, and my second favorite is the sack brodie game, or is the the 04 LSU game, or the 04 UGA game. Hell, i don't know.

Grew up in the Upstate of South Carolina. Graduate of Easley High School, went on to become an Army Grad, and after four years came to Auburn for college. I've been a fan of Auburn since 1983. You can thank Bo Jackson for that. LOL

My first game at Auburn was the 89 Iron Bowl. It was my Christmas gift from my dad, who is a Clemson Tiger. Thanks dad....it's the gift that keeps on giving.  :wedance::wareagle::tdau:

I came back to Auburn in 2006 and I work here on campus. Love it!

Grew up in the Upstate of South Carolina. Graduate of Easley High School, went on to become an Army Grad, and after four years came to Auburn for college. I've been a fan of Auburn since 1983. You can thank Bo Jackson for that. LOL

My first game at Auburn was the 89 Iron Bowl. It was my Christmas gift from my dad, who is a Clemson Tiger. Thanks dad....it's the gift that keeps on giving.  :wedance::wareagle::tdau:

I came back to Auburn in 2006 and I work here on campus. Love it!

War Eagle and welcome to our site!  Make yourself at home.  Nice story, btw.

I'm Brad and I'm an Alcoh......umm wait, wrong thing. LOL

I'm 25 originally from Huntsville graduated from Hazel Green in 03. My connection to Auburn is umm, unique. My Grandpa went there when it cost around $20 a semester! I'm real close to him and have been and AU fan all my life. He went there using his GI Bill, which, ironically enough, ran out of money to finish his degree there with one semester left and finished at Howard.

I joined the USAF in Jan 05 and am currently stationed at Scott AFB, IL (right outside of St. Louis). Lastly, I'm married to a "default" Bama fan, just because her Dad is a Bama fan and she likes to keep a competition going at all times.

That's my story!

Archived