what should be done about players that dont announce on signing day

Guest auburn warrior

Guest auburn warrior

give your opinion heres mine - if a player decides to sit down and talk

with his whole family including uncles aunts and grandparents about what school is the best fit then i dont see a problem with it but if its somebody thats been to juinior college and prep school many times nd just wants to see how many schools are gonna offer him then schools should just say hey if this guys in no hurry to announce then lets quit recruiting him and sign someone that wants to play

IMHO where to go to school is the second biggest decision a young man or woman will have made at that point in their lives. If there is a possibility of a student athelete being able to advance to the professional ranks after school, this decision is even more critical. We tend to put too much emphasis on the timing of their decisions.  I would rather lose a prospect that takes his time to make such a decision and get it right, than rush a youngster into a bad decision. After all, it is their lives and careers on the line, not mine. Just my $.02.

War Eagle!

Guest auburn warrior

those are good opinions guys i thin  mine and yals are both real good again this is just an opinion so pleases everyone give your opinion on this

I don't really care for it, but I doubt there's anything that the NCAA can do to force a young man to sign when he's not totally ready. Alot of kids like Oku have other things going on with their family and that makes it harder on them. I just hope David has been praying for God to help him in picking the right school for him. After all, he's the one who has to live with it. Good or bad.

Yes it's a big decision for a kid Getting ready to graduate from high school but you have to start making bid decsions some day..What about kids that decide to join the military or any other kid that goes to college..They are all big decisions..If a kid knows he is more or less able to play college ball, more than likely he has already started the decision process early on : ie: Junior Days..These elite players should also make up their minds sooner than others as it will determine where the lesser skilled players may get offers...This is my opinion and it may be worth what you paid for it...Nothing

well, even though theres a deadline for signing, and theoretically a recruit can drag it out until then...I still think that schools should not give them any special treatment, make a huge deal about them, or give them extra attention because doing so might encourage more and more players to drag out their decision. I understand that each recruit has his unique situation, and some of them actually need extra time...but I would hate to see more players dragging it out just because they can, or simply to get more attention. basically I think that it is okay for a recruit to take his time to make his decision, but we should not make a bigger deal out of them when they do so...

Plain and simple, these guys have as much time to figure out where they are going to go to school as an other kid looking at colleges.  That should not change.  It would not be fair.  NSD is just the first day they are allowed to sign on the dotted line.

Guest auburn warrior

yeah im a teenage too and i now next year when i graduate i'll have to choices either stay at home and help my family or go to college, i have faith that god will help me in this

yeah im a teenage too and i now next year when i graduate i'll have to choices either stay at home and help my family or go to college, i have faith that god will help me in this

good luck man! I'm sure you will make the right decision...the one that is best for your situation that is.

I have no problem with an 18 year old kid taking as much time as he or she needs to make such an important decision that will affect the rest of their lives. What I do have a problem with is some of these kids holding Universities hostage while they have their own little media circus. They will find out soon enough when they show up for two-a-days that they are no longer the big fish in the pond anymore.

:believe:

That can be a problem and if any of these guys are doing that for attention, then it is just wrong.  I really think there is more to this Oku deal, though.  I believe there are some family issues that he is having to deal with and all.  Now, Bryce Brown on the other hand, is a different story.  I don't know that this is all just a me-me attention getting deal for him, but it sure sounds like it is.  Who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong, though, because I have also heard that he is a pretty good kid.  That shady guy (the same guy that it seems Oku has gotten away from) that has been training him may have something to do with it.  Supposedly Oku's involvement with this character stopped at the training stage but he's also acting as an agent of sorts for Brown.

I don't think that anything should be done about these players.  They are only getting the attention that the media and message boards are giving them.  Some of this might stop if we would stop making such a big deal about the annoucement, and stop putting it all over television and radio.

Archived