Big Time RB Corey Grant Update

AUSportTalk

Grant will be visiting the Auburn campus today. He was invited to the "Big Cats" weekend but had prior plans.

Man, I hope they continue to make this kid a priority!  I know we are going after the top 3 rb's in the nation but i hear that no matter who we get, we would be glad to take him.  I really hope that is true.  A friend of mine pastors a church in Opelika and teaches at the high school.  He told me that I needed to be praying that this kid comes to Auburn.  He said he is a phenominal athlete but also a great human being and would be a huge asset to our beloved Auburn.... And man, can he fly!  The fastest guy by far in the state right now.  He's blown away Miliner in every race.

Man, I hope they continue to make this kid a priority!  I know we are going after the top 3 rb's in the nation but i hear that no matter who we get, we would be glad to take him.  I really hope that is true.  A friend of mine pastors a church in Opelika and teaches at the high school.  He told me that I needed to be praying that this kid comes to Auburn.  He said he is a phenominal athlete but also a great human being and would be a huge asset to our beloved Auburn.... And man, can he fly!  The fastest guy by far in the state right now.  He's blown away Miliner in every race.

I have watched and talked to him on several occasions and he is a great kid with A LOT of upside! VERY, VERY FAST!! Percey Harvin type game changer!

what's he going to do,.... visit the Plains and commit to the crapstone next week, a la Milliner and Sanders?

idk it may be just me but WDE01 seems like a turd to me. all of his posts that i have read are negative and talking good about bama

haha,... show me one good post about bama!! That's what I thought! I was simply pointing out that that was exactly what happened with Milliner and Sanders (both were turd leans, and Grant is rumored to be as well). Don't call me out if you can't back it up. I would be the wrong one....... just sayin'....

Its OK WDE01.  Cmon guys, I know this is an Auburn board, but lets not get on to everyone that has the balls to espress a little frustration.  Anytime I have seen any post on this board that isnt someone blowing sunshine and rainbows up our arse, they get scolded.  Lets keep it real just a little bit

When I heard about his track results I decided that Auburn needed him.  If he doesnt commit until at least sometime in the fall and hopefully Mario Fannin will be able to show him what he will be able to do.  I think Auburn could have a good chance.  I really dont want another amazing player to slip out from Auburn's back door.

I heard something that really impressed me last night.  Malzahn was supposed to speak at the NE Alabama Auburn Club last night and decided to cancel because he felt it very important to be on campus with Corey the whole time he was there.  I heard he was telling him that he would use him like he did Felix Jones at Arky in our offense.  Good stuff!

Corey is too good of a RB for us to pass over. I could see us throwing to him from out of backfield. He could even play WR if needed.

Sportstalk, Is there any news how Corey's visit went yesterday, any good quotes to see where he might end up?

Grant had a great visit on the Plains. He spent a lot of time with all the coaches getting to know them better. He also met with all the offensive coaches. Gus Malzahn and Curtis Luper showed him how they would use him in the current offense. They said they would use him in the backfield and in the slot. He was invited to the "Big Cats" weekend but had prior plans with his church. He said that the visit went very well and hoped to have a decision by the end of the summer.

Malzahn doesn't use the prototypical "FB"

He uses an H-Back that will be used to do things like playaction, catch out of the back field, Option run, motioned out to the slot where he can be an extra receiver or as a reverse option, maybe a fake handoff then the running back gets the ball in a draw. His simplest, and probably least used, option will be to lead the running charge.

He'll be the wildcard in our offense, used for almost anything. He can't be small, but he'll generally be one of the best athletes on the team. Mario Fannin will be the most viable candidates and will most likely have to rotate in and out with others because of all the running required from the position. People who get into the playing rotation of H-Back will be considered part of a group that can do lots of different things, they'll have to be tremendous athletes.

Watch for Dontae Aycock, Anthony Gulley, Travante Stallworth, and Demond Washington to be prime candidates for the rotation.

what's he going to do,.... visit the Plains and commit to the crapstone next week, a la Milliner and Sanders?

Milliner was invited but did not show up for the Big Cat weekend.  Not sure about Sanders. 

Corey Grant last I heard was either a Oklahoma or Florida lean. I'm pretty sure we have a shot at landing him, but I'd say its a 40% chance.  :aufb:

BOTTOM LINE

I JUST THINK THIS KID WANTS OUTTA STATE.

Archived