Update on New Arena

AgentOrange

• 3 weeks later...

It's starting to look good. How many will it hold? it looks like only around 9 or 10,000. I thought it was gonna be a little bigger.

.... think Cameron Indoor on the campus of Duke University.

just minus a few thousand... and less face painting and less campers.  Hopefully this will get some excitement going for AU bball and we can start supporting our team like the crazies at Duke.

.... think Cameron Indoor on the campus of Duke University.

just minus a few thousand... and less face painting and less campers.  Hopefully this will get some excitement going for AU bball and we can start supporting our team like the crazies at Duke.

Cameron Indoor's official seating capacity (9,314) is a few hunderd less than what our seating capacity (around 9,600) will be.  Don't know how many they actually cram in there, though.  I know that they have been known to fit 1,600 students in their student section, which only has a capacity of around 1,100.

• 1 month later...

What will happen to the old arena?

My sister says that for awhile they will use the office space in Beard Eaves, but she said that the 5 year plan does not show Beard Eaves. There will be some other building in that area, but she doesn't know what yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My guess is a full size indoor practice facility for the football team, Tubbs pushed for it every year during contract negotiations but could never get it done. Auburn is one of the few major programs in the country that does not have a full size indoor practice facility. If you don't think Auburn needs one(and many don't) just look at the excelent recruiting classes Okie state and Oregon have put together in the last several years since building one for their teams.

My guess is a full size indoor practice facility for the football team, Tubbs pushed for it every year during contract negotiations but could never get it done. Auburn is one of the few major programs in the country that does not have a full size indoor practice facility. If you don't think Auburn needs one(and many don't) just look at the excelent recruiting classes Okie state and Oregon have put together in the last several years since building one for their teams.

If I'm not mistaken UGA does not have one and Coach Mark Richt has been begging for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sure we can get one down the road on the plains... we have plenty of room and im sure we will work towards it once we pay for the Arena, and Student Housing.

I see it happening in the next 5 years or so... maybe im wrong

Archived