Old pics of the stadium

SuperFlyEagle

• 2 weeks later...

hare-stadium-73.jpg

that is just crazy... I wish I could go back in time for a whole day and just tour Auburn back then... I think that would be so cool... just to see how different it was.

I arrived at Auburn in the FAll of 1975.  I remember it looking a lot like this. The girls Too!!!

cliffhare.jpg

Thats wild, look how open everything is through there.

Also, look in the background at Plainsman Park. Talk about old. I remember going to a game back when it was

in this state of condition. It was very "high-schoolish" at that time. A very far, far cry from where it is now. Just

think, most of our heralded players, Bo and Cecil played in that old ballpark. I bet they wish they could have enjoyed the facility as it is now as a player.

i'd guess  the late 60's.  AU's first game in Beard-Eaves was in jan 1969.  can't say if Beard-Eaves was open yet when this pic was taken.  The north endzone of J-H was done around 1970 or 1971.

• 2 weeks later...

Notice how far it looks like the field is from Donahue Drive at the bottom.  Now it seems like the stadium is on top of the street. 

• 3 weeks later...

These pics are AUsome! I have tried to find more on Google images. If you know where I can find more, please let me know. I'm into historical pictures....especially of Auburn. War Eagle!

That is how Cliff Hare looked my freshman year in 1957. My how things have changed. I am going to A-Day this coming Saturday which will be my first trip to the campus since Doug Barfield was coaching there. Things are looking a lot better these days then they looked back then. This pic of the stadium brings back some wonderful memories. As everyone probably knows we were undefeated that year and won the NC. Life was a lot simpler then.

That is how Cliff Hare looked my freshman year in 1957. My how things have changed. I am going to A-Day this coming Saturday which will be my first trip to the campus since Doug Barfield was coaching there. Things are looking a lot better these days then they looked back then. This pic of the stadium brings back some wonderful memories. As everyone probably knows we were undefeated that year and won the NC. Life was a lot simpler then.

Archived