Old pics of the stadium

SuperFlyEagle

That is how Cliff Hare looked my freshman year in 1957. My how things have changed. I am going to A-Day this coming Saturday which will be my first trip to the campus since Doug Barfield was coaching there. Things are looking a lot better these days then they looked back then. This pic of the stadium brings back some wonderful memories. As everyone probably knows we were undefeated that year and won the NC. Life was a lot simpler then.

You will be in for the shock of a lifetime when you get down here and see how much it has changed since Barfield's days.

cliffhare.jpg

What year is this?

I'd say 1970 -71 if you notice, both Beard-Eaves and Haley Center are both complete and by the cars on the street in front of Haley, I would say they are open for business. Both The Haley Center and The Coliseum were completed in 1969. And since there is landscaping around the coliseum, I think that is a strong indication that it too was complete.

• 3 months later...

Here's my contribution. I took this from Haley Center on Sept 18th 1982...AU vs Southern Miss, we won. Talked a guard into letting me up....AU police chief was none to happy............WDE!

AUsome pic! This is the first one I've ever seen with just one upperdeck. Thanks for posting. War Eagle!!

Cool thread, keep the pictures coming. Its pretty cool and interesting for a 20 year old like myself.  :thumbsup:

Yea, I want to round up enough and put together a framed set of pictures from beginning to now of the stadium

• 3 weeks later...

Cool thread, keep the pictures coming. Its pretty cool and interesting for a 20 year old like myself.  :thumbsup:

Yea, I want to round up enough and put together a framed set of pictures from beginning to now of the stadium

Auburn Photographic Services had already done that for you:

https://tpg.auburn.edu/ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=232

Also, if you want some good pictures of Jordan-Hare, go here:

https://tpg.auburn.edu/ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=18&CATID=88

• 1 year later...

Archived