Anyone going to see KISS Tuesday?

Tiger Al

Is anyone going to see them in B'ham Tuesday night? I am!!! Although they are a bit long in the tooth, their concerts still rock!

Don't rub it in. I wanted too. My wife is a big Poison fan, so that concert would havebeen perfect. However, we have to save up some dough for a trip next month to DC, so I had to pass. I saw them back in 1994 when their big reunion tour started right after their MTV Unplugged show. It was awesome! They know how to put on a show! However, I have heard rumors that their show is scaled down now. Hopefully that is not true for your sake.

It just won't be the same without Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.......... :angry:

They are great showmen no doubt. Hopefully they'll remeber their wheaties and geritol the morning of the show and everything should be fine.

I saw them w/o the makeup and blood barfing and it was still good. I'm sure that was scaled down compared to their makeup shows.

:o:o:o

You SAW them?

Say it ain't so!

You did find your friendly neighborhood Priest as soon as posssible and repent...right? :lol::lol::lol:

Have fun tonight, Al. I saw them a few years ago in Peoria, IL. I think that all 4 original members had reunited for that tour, and they were there in all their fire breathing glory.

Skid Row and the Nuge opened up for them. I also remember it as being one of the worst post-college hangovers I've ever had. Took me about an hour to eat a bagle the next morning.

Have fun tonight, Al.  I saw them a few years ago in Peoria, IL.  I think that all 4 original members had reunited for that tour, and they were there in all their fire breathing glory.

Skid Row and the Nuge opened up for them.  I also remember it as being one of the worst post-college hangovers I've ever had.  Took me about an hour to eat a bagle the next morning.

I saw this one, too, in B'ham. It was the "Farewell Tour!" Skid Row just wasn't the same without Sebastian Bach.

IMO, Skid Row does not exist without Sebastian Bach. Have fine tonight Al, you jerk. :lol:

Yeah, TA, how did you like it. This will be going on day 2 that we have not heard from you man! You didn't party too hard at or after the concert did you? :P

The question wasn't posed to me, but I was there so I'll answer anyway. The show was awesome! I've never seen any KISS shows before this, but I cannot imagine they've gone too far downhill if at all after watching this show. They played for 2 solid hours, it was good stuff. The Poison set was surprisingly good. They had the guy from 3 Doors Down sing "Every Rose has it's Thorn" with Brett Michaels. I thought that was a bit unnecessary but a soild set none the less. Poison only played for an hour or a little more. The opening band actually wasn't too bad. Zo2 was the name. It's some younger guys playing cock-rock. It was tolerable. Poison was great, but KISS was one of the best shows I've ever seen. They had the pyro, Gene spit blood and fire (seperately of course). Solid show, solid set list.

You didn't party too hard at or after the concert did you? :P

Maybe this is how we keep him from voting for Kerry in Nov. Have KISS go back to BHam on Nov 1, and give AL some tickets. He'll be too hungover to vote the next day???

Did you guys see the interview with Gene Simmons last night on MSNBC (I think)? They had him on talking about Springsteen and this tour in support of Kerry. Simmons is voting for Dubya. :o

Say what you will about KISS, but, Simmons and Stanley are non-drinkin'-non-smokin' conservatives....In kabbuki make up. :D

Say what you will about KISS, but, Simmons and Stanley are non-drinkin'-non-smokin' conservatives....In kabbuki make up. :D

They don't have time for that stuff wartim. They are too busy doing about 3-4 girls half their age everyday :lol: ! More power to them.

Archived