I now have ZERO respect for Barkley

AUwarrior

So last night as you all know was the last mens BB game at Beard Eaves and do you know where Mr. Barkley was?  Well if your like me you would expect him to be at Beard Eaves for the game unless there was some important prior commitment.  But do any of you know where Mr. Barkley was last night?  He was at the Georgia/Kentucky game.....yeah War Eagle Charles.

I was in a bit of shock when I saw that, I think it was half time or something and I was looking at the recap for the Kentucky-UGA game, and who is that sitting in the Georgia crowd? Barkly?(did I also see a toco?)

Does anyone know why on earth he would go to that game, instead of the last game at the Colosseum he called home? That just doesn't make sense..and does not rock..

Charles Barkley was an outstanding basketball player that probably put AU bball on the map..

Ever since he left Auburn he has become an outspoken piece of trash...

He is definitely not the person AU needs to project our image to the world...

It makes perfect sense. He was doing what he always does, paying tribute to the thing that is most important to him. Himself. There are a few people on the planet that I wish would just go away. He is on that list.

Charles Barkley was an outstanding basketball player that probably put AU bball on the map..

BINGO! Direct hit. I was there, down on the floor after the game with many past greats. I'm glad Barkley was wherever he was and not in Auburn.

On most occasions Chuck doesn't deserve anyone defending him, but in this case maybe he does.  Charles has been involved with some kind of mentoring program and has been mentoring one of thUGA's players for a few years now, dating back to his high school days.  He was at that game representing the player and the organization.

I mean does anyone know if AU even invited Barkley? With the racism comments from last year they JJ probably black-balled him. And if AU did invite him, I seriously doubt he would turn them down. If you follow Barkley at all, you will know that he follows AU like most of us do. During his TNT NBA broadcasts, he makes comments about watching AU games all the time (even on the set).

Come on folks, I almost started laughing when they announced who the last person was to cut down the net..... Jay Jacobs. I mean really.  

And what about that guy from the '69 team drilling that shot? That was an AU moment right there.

I mean does anyone know if AU even invited Barkley? With the racism comments from last year they JJ probably black-balled him. And if AU did invite him, I seriously doubt he would turn them down. If you follow Barkley at all, you will know that he follows AU like most of us do. During his TNT NBA broadcasts, he makes comments about watching AU games all the time (even on the set).

Come on folks, I almost started laughing when they announced who the last person was to cut down the net..... Jay Jacobs. I mean really.  

And what about that guy from the '69 team drilling that shot? That was an AU moment right there.

I heard from someone last night that sorda implied that he wasn't invited.  He didn't just come out and say it so I don't know this to be true.

Could not agree more.

"That guy from the '69 team" was none other than Wally Tinker. I saw him play many times. He was a 6' 3" white kid who could jump out of the gym. It was good to see him there.

"That guy from the '69 team" was none other than Wally Tinker. I saw him play many times. He was a 6' 3" white kid who could jump out of the gym. It was good to see him there.

I was standing out there, pretty close. I was afraid Tink would miss the shot and I didn't know what he'd do if he missed. He was the meanest human I've ever met!

kingofhill1 did you go? I got a comp ticket for being in attendance at the first game in 1969. It was fun, being out on the floor after the game and seeing all the old players up close again.

Charles Barkley is all about himself. He gave Auburn some great basketball memories and I dont mind him when hes talking sports, but once he gets on politics, or racism, or anything else for that matter I regret him ever having anything to do with Auburn. If it was senior night for that UGA player then thats fine, but he didnt attend a single game at BEMC this year. You would think he could have at least attended the LSU game or the Alabama game. I wonder if he will be at the first game in the new arena?

If Barkley had stayed for his senior season in 84', AU might have won it all. Chuck person carried the team to the elite 8 only to lose to the eventual champions Louisville led by "never nervous" Pervis Ellison as a freshman center. I got to believe Barkley as a senior could have handled Ellison as a freshmen, but I regress. I think Auburn people should focus on people like the person brothers as representative of Auburn. As good as Barkley was as a basketball player, he was selfish then and remains so. He was at Kentucky so he could be in the spot light which is what he is all about.

Look at yall throwing Barkley under the bus for leaving early, and not attending games. How many football games has Bo attended where he wasn't getting an award, or how many games has Frank Thomas or Tim Hudson been back to?

Not to mention Bo left early as well.

This is ridiculous. Word on the street is that Barkely was told not to come FWIW. This seems more logical than anything else.

"This is ridiculous. Word on the street is that Barkely was told not to come FWIW. This seems more logical than anything else. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Hense what I was saying earlier in the thread.^  I don't know if he was neccesarily told not to show up but the person I heard from that night said it appeared that he was uninvited.  They were basically saying that Chuck is not wanted anywhere near the AD while we are exploring the possibility of a coaching change.

Archived