Anderson

AuburnSpider

Im afriad that he brings the spark to get us back on track in BB.  Not sure he is the best FIT,  but he does bring excitement which is sorely needed.

Im afriad that he brings the spark to get us back on track in BB.  Not sure he is the best FIT,  but he does bring excitement which is sorely needed.

:wareagle: Anderson is the best coach .IMO :wareagle:

:wareagle: Anderson is the best coach .IMO :wareagle:

I would be very happy to get a coach of his caliber to AU.

:wedance:

It seems like no one on hear wants this guy... He's been my top choice since they hired lebo! Is there some reason that nobody seems to want him as our next coach

It seems like no one on hear wants this guy... He's been my top choice since they hired lebo! Is there some reason that nobody seems to want him as our next coach

Probably a sour taste in some mouths from the last time Auburn tried to talk to him.

I think he would be a great coach for Auburn, but I would still rather see Barbee, Sam Mitchell or Chuck Person for some reason.

Probably a sour taste in some mouths from the last time Auburn tried to talk to him.

I think he would be a great coach for Auburn, but I would still rather see Barbee, Sam Mitchell or Chuck Person for some reason.

Very very slim chance on Person. Mitchell is an intriquing choice though no college or recruiting experience. Don`t know a whole lot on Barbee but seems like a possible choice.

Anderson strikes me as a Nolan Richardson clone, and that's exactly the way he acted towards Auburn six years ago.

I hope we don't wind up with him.

Anderson strikes me as a Nolan Richardson clone, and that's exactly the way he acted towards Auburn six years ago.

Agreed

WOW! You might be by yourself with this opinion. You don't AU to get Anderson? Really?

WOW! You might be by yourself with this opinion. You don't AU to get Anderson? Really?

Nothing personal against Anderson, but I think I would prefer Barbee or Mitchell or Lutz or Tubby or Alford. If those 5 turned it down Anderson would probably be my top choice.

I'd love to have Anderson.  I'm not going to get into it but put it this way.  He wasn't at any fault in how the situation panned out the last time we talked to him about a coaching vacancy that needed to be filled.

I'd be happy with he or Tubby.We need a proven winner and regardless of what anyone says 20+ win seasons every year is winning and its a lot better than a 50% overall win percentage and a 25%  win percentage in conference play.we'd get a lot of national attention with a big hire like either of these guys and recruits will notice us.JMO

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Tubby couldnt' win at KY. If he cant gat players to KY he wont be able to get them to Auburn. Auburn needs someone who can come in and recruit as well as coach. Anderson, Mitchell and Drew have proven they can do this. http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/search/label/Basketball

All you have to do is look one post above yours to see that I'm not alone in that opinion.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Tubby couldn't win at KY. If he cant get players to KY he wont be able to get them to Auburn. Auburn needs someone who can come in and recruit as well as coach. Anderson, Mitchell and Drew have proven they can do this. http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/search/label/Basketball

Tubby couldn't win at UK?  Wasn't he in the NCAA tournament every year he was there?

:dunno:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Tubby couldnt' win at KY. If he cant gat players to KY he wont be able to get them to Auburn. Auburn needs someone who can come in and recruit as well as coach. Anderson, Mitchell and Drew have proven they can do this. http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/search/label/Basketball

I just feel like that 40 minutes of hell style that anderson brings helps level the playing field.  I just don't ever see auburn being able to recruit on the national stage with Kentucky, Duke, UNC, UConn, and the other elites.  Therfore, I feel like a coach that has a style of play that you can not prepare for gives you a lot better chance at competing. What is every ones thoughts

I just feel like that 40 minutes of hell style that anderson brings helps level the playing field.  I just don't ever see auburn being able to recruit on the national stage with Kentucky, Duke, UNC, UConn, and the other elites.  Therfore, I feel like a coach that has a style of play that you can not prepare for gives you a lot better chance at competing. What is every ones thoughts

While I agree that I love his style of BB, I disagree with the notion that we couldn't recruit on a level as other elites.  I again point to how UF built up their program.  It just takes a good run and a great coach to get us to where we need to be.  I think Anderson would not only get us to that place, but also be able to keep the players right here in Alabama.  (He would definitely get them before UA would.)

While I agree that I love his style of BB, I disagree with the notion that we couldn't recruit on a level as other elites.  I again point to how UF built up their program.  It just takes a good run and a great coach to get us to where we need to be.  I think Anderson would not only get us to that place, but also be able to keep the players right here in Alabama.  (He would definitely get them before UA would.)

I see your point but i still don't see Florida being near as competitive every year as the elites.  Since the Noah, and Horford years, Florida has steadily fallen back into a good SEC team but i'd still consider them average compared to Duke, Kansas, and the other elite programs.

I see your point but i still don't see Florida being near as competitive every year as the elites.  Since the Noah, and Horford years, Florida has steadily fallen back into a good SEC team but i'd still consider them average compared to Duke, Kansas, and the other elite programs.

I respect your opinion on that, but I see UF as having just a down cycle just like UNC has had this year, Duke has from time to time, as well as KU.

I see them as an elite school for basketball and I am sure a lot of recruits do.

Anderson will be too expensive for JJ's taste imo. I don't think he will be AU's next coach period. Also, those who think Tubby Smith isn't a winner should really look up his career record before you post anything about him. If he isn't a winner, I'm not sure who is. He did win at UK (including a NC and several other great years) just didn't win enough for their standards. Barbee and Mitchell would both be legit possiblities imo as well. Not sure if Chuck is a real candidate or not, JJ seems to be playing this close to his vest.

Anderson will be too expensive for JJ's taste imo. I don't think he will be AU's next coach period. Also, those who think Tubby Smith isn't a winner should really look up his career record before you post anything about him. If he isn't a winner, I'm not sure who is. He did win at UK (including a NC and several other great years) just didn't win enough for their standards. Barbee and Mitchell would both be legit possiblities imo as well. Not sure if Chuck is a real candidate or not, JJ seems to be playing this close to his vest.

I'm not sure that anyone is gonna be too expensive with this hire, it is imperative that JJ get the right guy no matter the cost this time. This is AU's shot to make a statement with a new coach and a new arena. If this coach doesn't get it done, the newness of the arena as a major selling point will be lost

I feel every athletic department has financial constraints.  Let's not forget that we have 2 current buy outs (CTT and Lebo) to take care of along with regular current expenses.  I think it is easy for us fans to say things like "we need to step up and pay what ever it takes to get coach________(fill in the blank)."  You may be able to pay a lot less for a young up and coming coach rather than a high profile expensive coach.  Now, granted either one could succeed or fail but we will have to trust the AD to look at $$ vs potential  and hopefully reach a logical conclsion. 

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Tubby couldn't win at KY. If he cant get players to KY he wont be able to get them to Auburn. Auburn needs someone who can come in and recruit as well as coach. Anderson, Mitchell and Drew have proven they can do this. http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/search/label/Basketball

Tubby couldn't win at UK?  Wasn't he in the NCAA tournament every year he was there?

Let me answer you with a question. Why did Tubby leave KY?

I agree with Canyon, I expect our next couch to be another up and comer type.  Not that I think that is best.  I would look for someone out of a small conference who has won a couple of titles with a fast paced style.

Archived