If Barbee is...

DO4AU2010

First time I've seen them play and I liked how aggressive they played. They play smart offensively as well. They got it to the playmakers and let them make plays. The only problem was some court-visible open holes in the zone defense. He looks like he would be a great hire. The only thing working against us IMO is that his starting lineup is all Juniors and a Soph and i doubt any will leave early for the NBA. He has a great team coming back so well see how he perceives that. Other than that, I think he should be the next Auburn basketball coach. WDE

I really could care less "what the Bammers think".

What I saw of the Barbee offense was the kind of street ball game that Cliff Ellis played.  As long as you have some decent talent, you win.  All I see is a street ball mentally.  Give one guy the ball and the rest stand around and wait to be passed to.  I hated that offense.  I am from SC and watched Cliff fill up the NBA with players but never acheive anything at Clemson.  Just like he did at Auburn.  We were always on the cusp of really doing something special but could never get over the hump.  That's coaching.

Please bring in a coach who will actually run an offense, recruits, and inspires.  Some offense that moves and tries to get people open and actually works for a shot.

Why is no one on  interested in Scott Drew at Baylor.  Look what he did at that program.  Imagine what he would do here.

WAR EAGLE!

Yea he seems like a heck of a coach.There are a lot of great coaches out there that would be great hires I just know that Barbee SEEMS to be a favorite and a realistic possibility.

People, forgive me.  I'm a football fan, but I've watched Barbee two times.  TWO LOSSES???

People, forgive me.  I'm a football fan, but I've watched Barbee two times.  TWO LOSSES???

what was chiziks record b4 he came here?

I don't think we'll have a coach named until after the Final Four is over. Historically, very few BB coaches are hired before that time.

Even if Barbee is eventually the guy, there will be others to interview.

Barbee is an AUsome coach...hope he is the AU coach but anyway the facts are he took a utep program that was in as worse or worse than baylor. I believe they were a 6-win team three years ago, and this year they had a final record of 26-7. I know they went out in the first round but it was barbee's first tourney game as a coach and they actually were up much of the game until they went cold. But in any case, I believe this guy again is the perfect fit and I hope we get him. He IS one of the best recruiters out there and is THE hottest up-and-coming coach. Go get 'em JJ!!! :wedance::party:

Why is no one on  interested in Scott Drew at Baylor.  Look what he did at that program.  Imagine what he would do here.

I agree! How come Drew isn't on our radar or even being talked about? I think he would be an awesome hire for Auburn!

I agree! How come Drew isn't on our radar or even being talked about? I think he would be an awesome hire for Auburn!

Just because a coach is being talked about on a message board does not mean he is on THE list and vice versa.  JJ said he was not releasing any info on who is on their radar.  So any info you are getting is purely specualtion on somebody's part.  It is not coming from the Athletic Department. 

Archived