Tubby Smith and AAU corridor?

TXaubie

Don't you guys and girls think that Tubby Smith is the guy we need to re-establish a connection with AAU players?

I am not sure if everybody is on the same page as me, but I am convinced that until we are able to recruit AAU players it doesn't matter who is our coach.  We will have the same results that we have been witnessing these past 6 years.  The more I think about it the more I like the idea of T.Smith because he knows how to run a clean respectable program, and in order to get that aau connection going again everything is going to have to be beyond textbook because we will be watched like no other program has been watched. 

Which brings up another question, Do you think that we will even attempt to go that route? (recruiting aau players)

Guest simonsez

Ive caught myself paying attention to the coach hiring.  The wild thing is, ive never watched a complete basketball game in my life.  Ive watch a few minutes of an auburn game here and there but never watched a full game...not even a high school game.  Im kinda getting interested in it now.

Ive caught myself paying attention to the coach hiring.  The wild thing is, ive never watched a complete basketball game in my life.  Ive watch a few minutes of an auburn game here and there but never watched a full game...not even a high school game.  Im kinda getting interested in it now.

u should watch these tourney games right now very entertaining!!!

and we do recruit AAU players pretty much all of our high school players we recruit play on AAU teams its just we dont recruit our own state to well  tubby smith can change that i believe

u should watch these tourney games right now very entertaining!!!

and we do recruit AAU players pretty much all of our high school players we recruit play on AAU teams its just we dont recruit our own state to well   tubby smith can change that i believe

Simonsez- When I heard Tubby Smith might be considering the AU job on one of the local stations here in Texas I got real interested too.

Pramsay- As I was typing the original post I was thinking about the AAU players, and knew we had some and I didn't really want to get into the  whole Komara deal.  The whole point was and I am with you on this, I think that of all the candidates names I have heard Tubby Smith is the only name that can get that whole ordeal behind us.  WDE.

Yes! He is the man for the job.Auburn basketball needs change! Tubby Smith is our answer and I don't see JJ backing off until Tubby Smith is our coach.This is so exciting for AU basketball and he will be remembered forever for turning this program around.JMO.feel free to disagree.War Eagle!

Yes! He is the man for the job.Auburn basketball needs change! Tubby Smith is our answer and I don't see JJ backing off until Tubby Smith is our coach.This is so exciting for AU basketball and he will be remembered forever for turning this program around.JMO.feel free to disagree.War Eagle!

I completely agree

I think Tubbs would be a smart hire. Our b'ball program is down and we need a proven coach to stabilize the program and create a good foundation. When he has been here for several years and the program can sustain itself and recruit by a winning reputation, then let Tubbs handpick his successor and let him hand it down and retire a beloved Auburn man.

I would be very happy if we can woo Tubby to the plains.He is a proven winner,he did a solid job at UGA before he went to UK.In fact all of the coaches that have been rumored(Tubby,Anderson,Mitchell,Person,Alford,Barbee) would be excellent hires.Mike Davis is the only guy Ive heard mentioned that I would be against.

We will be vastly improved IMO with Tubby at the helm.His AAU conections will also be a benefit.

Archived