A Few Notes on Barbees Plan

AUSportTalk

There are some major changes coming to the Auburn basketball program including several players leaving and several more coming in. I know of one that is a BIG TIME player but his name can't be released yet. I will stay on top of this as things continue to happen.

There are some major changes coming to the Auburn basketball program including several players leaving and several more coming in. I know of one that is a BIG TIME player but his name can't be released yet. I will stay on top of this as things continue to happen.

Is this BIG TIME player coming or leaving

Is this BIG TIME player coming or leaving

Coming. We could have more than one but I have only been able to confirm one right now.

I recall quite a bit of "attition" soon after Lebo and his Dad arrived.  I sure hope this is different.

I can tell you one thing, if there is attrition then Barbee will have backup players b/c he is a great recruiter.

BIG player coming? does that mean a new recruit could sign or does it mean a player could be transferring to us?

A recruit signing with us.

The only attrition will be players who Barbee doesn't feel is right for his system. He is going to find quite a dropoff in talent with current AU players from what he had at UTEP. The big difference as compared to when Lebo came is this time, attrition will be for the better. None of these guys is going to wanna leave, some may have to though because, frankly, they don't cut it and shouldn't have been here anyway. Times are changing!

For me, this is good news. From what I understand (which is little) is that if he kept the recruits Lebo signed this year, he would have a full class and not able to sign much next year either, which would severly slow down a rebuilding campaign, so this is good news... we need his players, not lebo's 5'11" C and PF... (I am joking of course, referring to the 4 G offense he ran for a while)

This gets me so pumped up!  I can't wait to see what happens with recruiting and the upcoming season.  The great thing about basketball is that 1 great player can really improve a team.  I am  looking forward to seeing what he does.  Welcome Coach! ;D

I hope the attrition does not include any of the guys that contributed, however little, this year. I would hope Frankie will be back and would expect him to be a leader next year.

I hope you can share who might be leaving soon. thanks for the update.

Well guys, if you remember, Calipari came in at Kentucky and cleared house to bring in his own guys. I know it wasn't the professional way to do things but it worked out for them!! I was really hoping Barbee would get to bring some players with him and it sounds like he is.

If Barbee feels they need to go, then so be it.  I stated earlier that if there was any attrition, Barbee will be able to fill them nicely.

War Eagle!

:wedance:

ST, please tell me it is Johnny O'Bryant. Is it any of the UTEP commits or players? Of the incoming recruiting class, I don't see any of them not being excited about this hire. The only ones I could see back out are the ones that Barbee doesn't feel fits his program. I also don't think Frankie Sullivan will be going anywhere. I imagine all the current players like Barbee's hire and again, the ones that leave will probably leave because Barbee thinks it would be better for them and the program. I'm really exstatic about this hire. I think our future looks bright... :wareagle:

I was actually handicapping the sweet 16 tonight and ran across the announcement at CBS Sportsline about the Barbee hire. They allow comments and here is what an Iowa fan said.

March 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Score: 101

Good Hire by Auburn

I only wish Iowa would have made a run at Barbee for their opening.  He is exactly what a down program needs.. and uptempo coach that can successfully recruit and build from the bottom up.  Even better to know Gary Barta didnt even make the phone call to Bar.

Thank you very much. Look forward to it. War Eagle!

Archived