Dribble drive Motion

tigerware

This is an offense that I believe with the type of athletes Auburn can recruit( not the biggest but very athletic and unselfish )we can flourish. The basis is setting screens to create lanes to penetrate and then looking for the mismatch that setting the screen caused. The Defense (if in Man to Man) only has 2 choices on the screens: switch or try and fight through the pick. That decision alone determines what the offense is going to do

sounds eerily similar to Lebo's lack of an offense.... You mentioned him recruiting smaller players, the front page article says he has several players 6-10 and taller (at UTEP). I believe he can bring that recruiting success over here. Thank god.... Lebo was like a Terry Bowden ....... he only recruited players his size and smaller.

The Dribble Drive Attack Motion is an offense which utilizes versatile players who can both put the ball on the floor and get to the bucket and shoot the three. The philosophy is that mid range shots are not effective based on the math/%'s of Basketball.It was utilized in the Memphis run under Calipari the years around Derrick Rose.

All you have to do is look at UTEP's roster to see the difference from AU. UTEP has much, much more size than we have. Not just tall, skinny guys either- athletic big men.

Well he needs to get some big guys in cause its not gonna look good when the coach is the biggest guy on the floor! lol

From the pictures I see, Barbee is no little man himself.... guess he wants players he can see eye to eye to.

He`s 6-6. About a head taller than Lebo

A combination of speed and size is needed (or would be nice) . We need a couple of guards who can shoot well outside, and handle the ball. Having a athletic Small forward is always nice, and it wouldnt hurt to have a PF around 6'9 and a Center around 6'10 or 6'11.

That way if the guards have an off night, we will have some big bodies down low to help clean up some garbage.

Duke tends to do this a good bit... they will bring Brian Zoubek (7'0 feet tall) up to the top of the key and let him screen for Singler, or Scheyer and they simply come around his big body, and pop the trey.

I know that this isnt going to be easiest transition from the start, with Barbee just arriving... but having athletic big men on the floor can pose a lot of different problems for the opposition.

They can screen, rebound, post up, block shots, and most importantly... having a talented Center makes it easy to build a team around him.

Archived