This says it all about Lebo's effort!

waregl87

This doesnt suprise me. There is a really good basketball player at Butler HS in Huntsville (sorry I dont know his name) that everyone is after...except Auburn. He said that Lebo never called him. Jacobs called him during the coaching search and told him to at least wait before he declares for a school until Auburn hires a new coach and he agreed. I havent heard an update on him since Barbee has been hired though.

I have three words for you....WHO FREAKIN' CARES? We just hired one of the top recruiters in the nation and Auburn Basketball is about to be a force in March. Sometimes you just have to say, "Screw the past, we can't change it. Start right now and change our future, that we can control!" WDE!

What's the deal with all the bashing of former coaches??

This is not AU is about....

It's pathetic.

I agree. Let's look forward to our very bright future.

What's the deal with all the bashing of former coaches??

This is not AU is about....

It's pathetic.

I agree. Let's look forward to our very bright future.

Thank you...

Best comment in this thread.

Au war eagle- the butler player you're talking about is Trevor Lacey I believe. He's like three time all state

Thats right. Have you heard an update on him? From what I heard he was at least somewhat interested in Auburn.

Sounds like Lebo was a lot like Tuberville when it came signing top recruits every year. Phillip Rivers wanted to sign with AU but TT didn't want him as a QB.

Also passing on Rivers: UAT, Tenn, UGA, Vandy, Kentucky, Ole' Miss, MSU, Ga. Tech....the list goes on. As noted above, Rivers developed, much to the surprise of most.

Yes, I defend Tuberville. He was and is a great coach. As recent as his next to last recruiting year (2007), Auburn's class was rated #7 nationally so the tales of him stopping recruiting are bogus. Check out this year's starting O-line and tell me CTT quit trying to recruit.

Lebo is a different story. He accomplished little while he was here and most of the great players that did come here, he ran off.

However, to believe Bledsoe's tale, as presented, simply defies common sense. Do you think Lebo LIKED to lose? Do you suppose he'd rather have inferior players? No matter how bad he was here, thinking those things is silly.

I think Bledsoe told Lebo/Auburn he wasn't interested and we went our separate ways. Now Bledsoe is insulted because Auburn didn't keep begging him so he wanted to say something. Maybe he wanted to fire himself and his team mates up? Who knows why, but to think it's because Lebo didn't want him on Auburn's team is simply not reasonable.

During his last few years Tubs might have looked good in recruiting but his guys never seemed to make it to school.  He took chances no one else would so it made his class look good till it was time to enroll.

As far as Lebo,  he got us through some tough times with the NCAA problems.  So now its time to turn over the new stone and WIN!  Im confident Barbee can do it  :we:

Archived