Game thread - 4/4/10

First of all, Happy Easter to everyone! Baseball - and sports in general - isn't important today as we celebrate the life and resurrection of Christ. But I know fans will be keeping up with the game as they lounge around with family and friends so I started this thread. 0-0 after 1 inning. Today, our cleanup hitter is Tony Caldwell. Sweet lineup, Pawlowski. The head scratching continues.

...And Justin Bryant goes deep to give us a 1-0 lead in top of 2nd. Why in the world he doesn't play every day is beyond me!

We won to avoid the sweep  :we:

But it seems like we lost one of our pitchers for our next SEC series because of that wacky suspension rule.  True?

That is one of the stupidest rules in college baseball.  Pitching inside, an occasional message pitch or beaning is part of the game.  Always has been.  Once a warning is issued, a pitcher is taking a chance every time he goes inside for the rest of that series.  If he misses just a little then he and the HC are both gone.  The warning in this case was issued to both teams on Friday night.   

We won to avoid the sweep  :we:

But it seems like we lost one of our pitchers for our next SEC series because of that wacky suspension rule.  True?

I didn't get to hear the game today. What pitcher did we lose and why?

Thanks.

:beatmullet::zapbama:

Grant Dayton got a four game suspension for hitting a UAT hitter in the 8th inning.  Both teams got a warning Friday night after both teams had batters hit by pitches.    A UAT pitcher hit Patterson yesterday and received the same punishment.  Not only is the pitcher suspended for four games the HC is suspended for one game so Pawlowski won't be in the dugout Tuesday.  It's a stupid rule. 

Well if it's four games at least we'll get Dayton back for the Sunday game next week.  At least I think we will.  Gotta love the win today, and if we did hit him either pitching inside or on purpose, I like the fire and the unwillingness to back down from Coach P.

I love winning these Sunday games, especially in dominating fashion as we have, and if we can take advantage of some chances in the other games and maybe give Cole Nelson some more run support, I actually think we can have a strong second half.

Cole Nelson needs to be moved to the Friday night slot, with Dayton in the Saturday spot. The Sunday night starter is a toss up in my opinion. Jon Luke Jacobs? Maybe Dexter Price?

Well if it's four games at least we'll get Dayton back for the Sunday game next week.  At least I think we will.  Gotta love the win today, and if we did hit him either pitching inside or on purpose, I like the fire and the unwillingness to back down from Coach P.

I love winning these Sunday games, especially in dominating fashion as we have, and if we can take advantage of some chances in the other games and maybe give Cole Nelson some more run support, I actually think we can have a strong second half.

Dayton didn't hit him on purpose. It was a breaking ball that got away from him, but I think if he wouldn't have gotten tossed he would have pitched on Saturday with Cole pitching Friday. That's how i think it should be anyway. I think Sunday should be Jon Luke or maybe Dexter

Cole Nelson needs to be moved to the Friday night slot, with Dayton in the Saturday spot. The Sunday night starter is a toss up in my opinion. Jon Luke Jacobs? Maybe Dexter Price?

I'm hearing that this was supposedly the plan, that is until the rediculous suspension of Dayton.  Terrible!

Archived