ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

no love for the national league on espn.  they bumped the braves down to 4 in the power rankings and have the rangers @ 3.  *shrug*.  matters not.  we only have to win the NL to get to the show.  Padres are 5th.  I know someone disagreed, but I think this series sets the tone.  If we can win this one it'll say alot.

Those suspensions are rediculous.  Like they were saying on the radio, Bobby will tell it like it is.  He was adamant about it.  He said over and over that just watching, you would think it was intentional but it definitely wasn't.  Oh well.  Maybe Venters will appeal and get his reduced.

I mean, why would Bobby go out of his way to go apologize to the Brew Crew's gm and spend 5 minutes explaining the situation? It just doesn't add up

On a different note we've got our best pitcher taking the mound against the Padres this week. JJ starts it off tonight then Hanson and Hudson. This is gonna be some great baseball

I mean, why would Bobby go out of his way to go apologize to the Brew Crew's gm and spend 5 minutes explaining the situation? It just doesn't add up

On a different note we've got our best pitcher taking the mound against the Padres this week. JJ starts it off tonight then Hanson and Hudson. This is gonna be some great baseball

I'm a little concern with hanson lately. Getting behind hitters. Just saw were the Mets lost 13-2. Nice to pick up a half game w/o even playing. JUST KEEP WINNING SERIES!!

Yeah I've been worried about him lately too. He had a great outing against the Mets I believe but he looked pretty bad against the brew crew. He's got a ton of upside but he's been have control issues. Hopefully he can get it sorted out because when he's on he's lights out

Yeah I've been worried about him lately too. He had a great outing against the Mets I believe but he looked pretty bad against the brew crew. He's got a ton of upside but he's been have control issues. Hopefully he can get it sorted out because when he's on he's lights out

Yea.  I agree with the control issues.  He leads the NL in hit batsman.  I think he struggles in the first 2 to 3 innings and then settles down.  Hopefully, he can shut down the padres.  This could probably end up being a low scoring series.  The padres have some good pitching right now.  We will have to do the little things right to win the series.

I still think Tommy s hould have missed his last start before the break and let JJ fill his spot.  Then put KK to the bullpen after the break.  Tommy has the right stuff, but I think a good 10 day off stretch to rest and work out a few kinks would have got him in better shape for the 2nd half.  But what do I know....

Gametime guys. Chipper is still out. Omar is playing 3rd. Venters has indeed appealed hhis suspension so he will be available to pitch tonight, but Bobby can't appeal his so he isn't there

Have I mentioned that I love Matty Diaz. He just got us the lead with a two run blast. It seems he's homered in every game he's started since coming off the DL

What a play by Agon there. Yeah other than Billy I think he's our best bullpen guy. Id love to see him get some more opportunities to close and once Billy leaves Id love to see him taking up the duties